Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

As much as I like baseless speculation, don't want to put any money down before we even get some names and abilities to work with.

That said, put me down for the guy with lightning eyes being great. All the hopes dashed with Ishimaru last game are riding on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SingerOfW posted:

I'm sorry? Being a swordsman is about as great as being a wrestler, and we all know how invincible Sakura was. Sure, you can't do a thing without a sword, but a SHSL Swordsman would probably never part with one.

And then you get such overpowered displays of swordsmanship as Goemon's from Lupin III.

Well, not expecting Sakura's level of effectiveness.

She was the second best in the world in pretty much every form of hand to hand combat, and the best was dying of cancer.

New girl is just world class. "Most adult men can't beat her" implies that there's a few that can.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Funny so many people are discussing similarities between Aoi and Akane, when for me the intro mainly highlighted a difference.

Aoi was all about effort, determination, practice, that kind of thing. That was part of why she felt like one of the most normal members of the cast. She happened to be good at something, she worked hard to be better, and she wound up one of the best. For a magnate school, that's a reasonable arc.

Akane, as mentioned, has the Leon thing where natural talent compensates for total laziness. It's a big personality difference.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Clearly all of the students are alive because the game is an elaborate VR simulation/alien abduction/alien abduction VR simulation and you'll rescue them after defeating the giant Monogoliath that is the game's final boss. You can talk to everyone in the spaceship you stole from the evil Monoemperor.

Except Nanami, she's actually a robot/AI/robot AI sent to play video games and be marketable and thus is forced to inhabit a Monobear robot to interact in the real world.

... Basically I just want DR2 to turn out to be Saint's Row 4. Is that so bad?

Yes and no.

No, because wanting a game to be Saints Row IV is never wrong. Yes, because Hinata is nowhere near cool enough to be The Boss.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

Whatever you do, don't show us pictures of your family back home!

But he can't die! He just bought a boat!

• Locked thread