Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013

Wyvernil posted:

The file does establish one thing, though. The murder happened at around the same time that Souda and Hinata arrived at the diner. Since the only way to the beach passes by the diner, that means that the killer has to be someone who passed that way.

That, at least, rules out Gundam, Nidai, and Nagito(as well as Hinata and Souda, like you said), since we didn't see them there.

Couldn't they have gone to the beach house and maybe hid there before we arrived at the diner?

xxlicious fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013

Spatula City posted:

Wait, though, if Monomi made it so none of them could get sick, how could Peko have had stomach trouble?

If this is indeed a VR, then possibly Monomi or Monobear deliberately caused stomach trouble for both Peko and Nidai to complicate the case. Seems pretty coincidental otherwise.

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
I'm curious - what was "DULL START" in the original Japanese?

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013

RoeCocoa posted:

Put something heavy (gravel?) inside the suit, tie it off, wield it like a flail.

Yup, this is the conclusion I just came to as well. After she strangled Kuzuryuu's sister, she broke the aquarium, put the gravel from it in the swimsuit, tied it up, and used it to bludgeon the unconscious girl to death. Then she untied the swimsuit, poured the gravel out onto the ground around the broken aquarium to make it seem like the pervert just knocked it over in the rush to escape, and burnt the swimsuit, most probably in the incinerator that was shown in the school courtyard. Of course, the missing swimsuit also functions to blame the pervert, but I think the gravel+swimsuit combo is the only theory that explains away the evidence bullets we got that are still unaccounted for (missing swimsuit and broken aquarium with gravel scattered all around it).

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013

zetsubous posted:

If this is the case, I'm going to be pretty bewildered, because I think y'all are seriously underestimating the amount of time and effort it would take to do something like that as opposed to just... bashing her head against the aquarium and being done with it.

Satou strangled the victim until she passed out, remember? She'd have quite some time to set up. In any case, it's possible that her rationale was to make it look like the pervert ran away with the murder weapon. And I think that having a flail to bash someone with is easier than picking up an entire limp body and try and bash it to death on the aquarium that way.

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
Well, Peko being the actual killer in Twilight Syndrome isn't totally out there, if the theory that she's Kira Kira is true (to paraphase, "I will cut those who deserve to be cut"). Kira Kira's job is to bring people to justice, which fits because Satou killed somebody and getting away with it. It'd also fit with the killer's choice to kill Satou with the exact same method she killed Kuzuryuu's sister with. And there's an obvious Kira Kira link to the current murder as well, given the existence of the mask at the crime scene.

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
The whole "once you get into the school, you're set for life" thing already reflects how Japanese high school students work their butts off to get into the most prestigious universities, after which they're pretty much going to be guaranteed positions in the best companies. Even if you slack off for the four years you're in uni, or in DR's case, just got in via luck.

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
Man, I was thinking that with her condition it would be incredibly easy for the murderer to tell her to go stab herself, for example, but I see they went for good old-fashioned suicide by hanging instead.

ImpAtom posted:

Her being there caused Hinata to wake up early (prior to the announcement) and thus had him be in position to view the footage. So if the footage is faked in some way (which of course it is, this is a murder mystery), her being there and getting Hinata up at that point sets a concrete "time of death" that wouldn't exist otherwise.

Note that the video cuts off right before the hooded figure reaches the top of the ladder. Obviously meant to mislead Hinata into thinking that it's Ibuki. Who was probably dead long before that.

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013

MyCurrentObsession posted:

The feeling that I got from Komaeda wasn't that there was someone who was hiding in the room and that he was scared. I dunno, he came across to me kind of like the first part (I'm alone with Hinata) was truth, which he could say because he was focused on the second part, which he automatically lied about (being alone with you is torture -> being alone with you is great/a pleasure, etc.). Followed by his lie about not wanting to see Hinata, which obviously means he actually does.

He has lying fever, so he said the opposite of what he meant. He likes being with alone with Hinata and doesn't want the other to leave.

I personally think that little exchange isn't relevant to the trial and is really just there to show you how Komaeda feels about Hinata. He doesn't seem to care much for most of the other students beyond the idea of them suffering despair to gain more hope, or something like that, but he clearly has significant feelings for Hinata. The nature of those feelings (obsessive, romantic, whatever) is still a little uncertain, though.

It'll be fun when Komaeda inevitably finds out that Hinata isn't really SHSL, eh?

I think it's interesting to think about the implications of Komaeda lying about being alone in the room. The dialogue is set up to emphasize the feelings part, certainly, but it'd be a twist for the first part about "being alone" being a lie as well. Perhaps somebody hid in the room, knowing that Komaeda was too sick to rat them out? Not too farfetched, seeing as everyone knows Komaeda is totally willing to be an accomplice.

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
I knew that Saionji was raising a death flag as soon as she isolated herself from the others. That never works in horror movies, Saionji, don't you understand?!

Of course it might've been an excuse for her to go around plotting murder but still. drat.

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
Holy poo poo, Hello Winter's version is by far the best of the lot; it even mimics the font and the overall emotional impact of the original. Such a goddamn pity the project was cancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
This makes me really sad that we're not going to see orenronen/Fedule/HelloWinter's patch. :( I would agree that the official version is the least impressive. Their font choice is pretty plain and uninspired. But this is just one part of the localization, I guess.

• Locked thread