Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlgoRhythmic
Mar 9, 2013

CandyCrazy posted:

EDIT: Hey Orenronen, did the evidence bullets from the game enter the evidence file, or were they just for flavor?

They enter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlgoRhythmic
Mar 9, 2013

Joenen posted:

Well, not to drag the anime into this, but that's where I saw it. They also use Kibougamine and Monokuma, though I don't know if its the same group.

Using Kibougamine is pretty ridiculous yeah. I'm also wondering why stuff like "High roller" and "All-star" are used instead of just gambler and baseball player like in orens translation, it just makes no sense to me.

AlgoRhythmic
Mar 9, 2013
Fair enough. I mean I can't imagine why anyone would prefer that over a translation style like orens, but to each his own I guess.

AlgoRhythmic
Mar 9, 2013

Walterion posted:

Although I don't see what would be the motive for her to carry out a murder.

I would say everyone has a motive, which is to get off the island (sometimes people seem to forget this for some reason). Then the game could be used as an opportunity also by people not appearing in it, hoping they can avoid suspicion by making the class trial focus on people appearing in the game.

AlgoRhythmic
Mar 9, 2013

zetsubous posted:

Actually, I'm assuming the Japanese is "ano hito," which actually means "that person," but I also assume Oren knows what's coming well enough to know that there should be a male pronoun there.

What, why would you assume that.

I can't say I'm 100% sure I remember correctly, but I'm fairly sure they used the word "kare" and not what you are assuming out of nowhere.

AlgoRhythmic
Mar 9, 2013

Alien Arcana posted:

I think zetsubous is saying that orenronen, having played the game, knows who Monobear is referring to, so his decision to use a male pronoun there could be taken as a sign that said individual is male (whereas the original Japanese left it ambiguous).

Yes, thank you, I understood that the first time I read his post. That's exactly the part that I'm finding stupid about his analysis, because there is no reason to believe the original was ambiguous.

AlgoRhythmic
Mar 9, 2013

Torino posted:

They're really hyping up the 1.2 Reload release, aren't they?

It was released 3 weeks ago.

AlgoRhythmic
Mar 9, 2013

GodofDiscord posted:

And hopefully for those that prefer that jap dub there's an option to use the japanese voice in the game.

One of the guys working on the localisation posted on NeoGaf that there will be dual audio.

AlgoRhythmic
Mar 9, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

She's had that expression before this chapter, I'm pretty sure.

Yes, she has.

AlgoRhythmic
Mar 9, 2013

Galm posted:

GODDAMNIT.

Whatever you do, do not try to google "Dangan Ronpa 2".

Even the goddamn previous searches are a goddamn spoiler. :argh:

This chapter is totally ruined for me so I'll have to wait for the next one.

If this chapter was the only one ruined for you after doing that I would actually say you're very lucky.

AlgoRhythmic
Mar 9, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

It's not like they even emphasize the contrast at all by mentioning white.

Actually, when Monobear explains the trial rules the first time he does literally call the non-guilty students "white" and the culprit "black".

EDIT:
To clarify, they do in the original version at least.

AlgoRhythmic fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Feb 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlgoRhythmic
Mar 9, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wait, Dangan Ronpa 2? Not Super Dangan Ronpa 2?

Yeah, they dropped the "super"-part of the title for some reason.

• Locked thread