Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabberwockyx
May 28, 2013

tinyTaxidermist posted:

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, (I avoided reading too many of the other posts before I got caught up), but something about what Sonia said earlier is bothering me. When everyone was gathered at the "ruins", she mentioned that she had found the "latest issue" of her favorite occult magazine. In DR, monobear specifically said that the magazines in the recreation room wouldn't be updated at all. It's probably nothing, but it makes me think that this run is definitely not being broadcast on TV, especially because I think an occult magazine would be all over something like this.

My hypothesis is that Sonia only thinks it's the latest issue of her favorite magazine -- if they lost two years worth of memories, for example, the magazine might be two years old. It's not really being updated, they just assume that they're seeing the most recent information because they don't yet know the full extent of their memory loss. At least, that's how I interpreted it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabberwockyx
May 28, 2013
Something that I haven't specifically seen brought up: if we are to assume that there is an accomplice, given that the game suggests that it might be a possibility, if someone needs a boost out of the window in the shower room to escape undetected... wouldn't that person then count towards the number of people seeing the body? I believe it's only the actual person who carried out the murder who's exempt from the three person for the body announcement rule, so an accomplice would count as one of the people.

We know that Souda was the third person to see the body and trigger the body announcement. I think we can reasonably assume that Saioniji was one of the three as well, given that she was running away from the beach crying -- and now it looks like she might actually have been in the closet when the murder was committed, what with the gummi being found there. I don't know why she was in there... Perhaps Koizumi was supposed to be meeting Saioniji at the beach house, since they do seem to be good friends, and Saioniji was hiding to surprise her, when oops murderer (and accomplice?) finds Koizumi "alone" and offs her? Then the murderer rinses off with the water from the case and escapes out the window with the help of their accomplice, the accomplice leaves the beach house in a more normal fashion since they're not trying to cover their tracks, and Saioniji flees the scene, crying. Personally, I want to go find Saioniji and talk to her, I feel like she's going to be instrumental in helping to solve this case.

So if Souda was third, and Saioniji was one of the first people to see the dead body, then the potential accomplice would be the other person who saw the body. I know there was some talk about Kuzuryuu being one of the people who saw the body, since he was acting awfully twitchy earlier (although that seems pretty standard for him...) -- and his panic would make even more sense if not only did he see the dead body, he also assisted the murderer in staging the crime or escaping the scene of the crime.

My only qualm with this is that I haven't really noticed Kuzuryuu being exceptionally close to either one of the top two suspects for this murder, Peko or Sonia, so I'm not sure what would drive him to help them with their crime. But then, we've never really seen him be too close to anyone, so who knows where his alliances ally. But the fact that he's also played Twilight and has an envelope apparently associated with it also makes me believe that he has some role to play in this murder, accomplice or otherwise.

jabberwockyx
May 28, 2013

Knicknevin posted:

My personal suspicions about Souda, for example, center mostly around the fact that everything just seems too drat convenient for him- he scheduled Hinata to meet him at 2:30 (and was a bit late), then leads him to the diner at 3:00, where they sit around for most of an hour for no real reason. Then is the first to discover the body in a place he couldn't have gone before then, and the victim died at a time when he has a perfect alibi (he was with the protagonist). His alibi is so perfect I can't help but feel it is actually suspiciously perfect. I might just have a paranoid mind though.

I do have to agree with the fact that things do seem extremely convenient for Souda, but wasn't the body announcement triggered when Souda walked in and found Koizumi's body? The murderer can't trigger the body announcement because they don't count towards the "three people must discover the body" rule -- and unless I missed something, Souda was alone when he went to the beach house, and Hinata was chasing after him when the announcement was broadcast, so it's not like he was with someone else who would have fulfilled the three-person rule. That's my logic for why I don't think he could be the killer, at least.

jabberwockyx
May 28, 2013
Right then, I'll just go back to being a nonparticipant in speculation after this last point. I do happen to find it interesting, even if you don't, because this is the first time thus far where the body announcement has been triggered by only one person discovering the body, as opposed to group of people. Which is kind of interesting, in my opinion. Someone is allowed to suspect Souda because of sheer paranoia and "oh it's too convenient for him to have such an iron-tight alibi," and I am allowed to believe that there is no possible way for him to be the murderer because the murderer simply cannot discover the body, so I can reasonably rule him out of the suspect list.

And I'm not the first to find Kuzuryuu to be suspicious, and I do think that the body announcement might be a clue to figuring out who the accomplice was, if there even was an accomplice. And for all I know, maybe there was no accomplice at all, so maybe I am just talking out my rear end. I'm just stating that that particular rule is food for thought, if we were to assume that more than one person is a part of a crime.

I apologize for trying to bring up another angle for looking at things while we wait for the next update. I just thought that it seemed like we'd exhausted talking about the obvious clues and wanted to point out something I found relevant.

• Locked thread