Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breakman
Jun 1, 2013
An impression that I got from this update was that Hinata might not have been playing the game is such a way where he was actually advancing any. E-ko runs away from the voice when she's confronted, and another body ends up discovered. In addition, the voice seems to adress the player of the game directly instead of speaking of the circumstances taking place to the Alphabet-Kos. Monobear has introduced motives in the past where he knows he can single out specific characters. While it's really obvious that this one is probably meant to target Nanami, maybe she's the only one proficient enough to actually uncover the secrets of the game. She is familiar with the series and would probably know how to unlock secrets, after all.

Of course, agency for the game was given to the player, so it would be kind of lame if the person playing Dangenronpa couldn't uncover the secrets for themselves on their first play through, so the randomized day unlocking is probably more likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakman
Jun 1, 2013

Poulpe posted:

:stare:
That's.. that's uh.. huh.
Usual Mikan nonsense or something more telling..?

Maybe Mikan has a split personality serial killer side?
I doubt it, but it's an idea I feel is worth entertaining....

Breakman
Jun 1, 2013

orenronen posted:

I...I understand... If everyone's going on with it I'll do my best to help...
B...But... I need a little time... Just a little time to calm down.
I think... I'll go let the others know about the murder...
Yeah... that announcement didn't say where the body was found, so they must have no clue what's going on.
S...So... please excuse me...

I know this is in line with her character, but for some reason, this makes me suspicious of Mikan. Combined with her earlier weird line about "never forgiving" someone, she could either be doing one of two things before she fetches the others: cleaning up evidence, or locking herself in a room like Fukawa because she thinks that she's responsible for the murder as kira-kira.

Breakman
Jun 1, 2013

Ndi posted:

Mukuro Junko also had a bunny hair clip:

It's why I thought it was a bigger spoiler the first time I saw Monomi back in the DR1 thread. I really don't think it's important, though. Just another one of the game's many deliberate callbacks to the first title.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wait, she really had a bunny clip?

Maybe my theory about Ikusaba being involved in this game is right. :tinfoil:

I didn't have any good time to post this until you guys brought it up, but I get the feeling that Monomi and Monobear are being operated by AI replications of the despair sisters (I'm one of the people that subscribes to the VR theory). Mukuro has a bunny hair clip with a bow early on in DR1, that's represented by a white bunny (pre-Monomi Usami). She also has a bow. Monomi has a bow as well.

Mukuro was also killed before she could really do anything significant in the plot other than act as corpse for Junko to explode later. But what if she had stuck around? And also had her own automaton to operate? I get the feeling the two of them would try to pull a "good cop bad cop" thing on the students, with Monomi acting as "hope" and Monobear acting as "despair".

Actually, now that I think about it, the students don't even need to be in a VR for that to work. Monobear got up on his own at the end of DR1. Maybe he was switched over to "automatic" mode and activated Usami / Monomi himself.

Breakman
Jun 1, 2013
Man oh man.
This confirms a couple of things that I suspected, AND makes all our current suspects even more suspicious as hell.

orenronen posted:

Oh... that's just because you haven't beaten it yet.
Beaten...?
Well, I got a Game Over screen... did you actually manage to get past that?

I'm not some shallow girl who'd talk about a game she hasn't even beaten, you know!

But... what could I even do in that game if I wanted to finish it?
I should look into it, but...

So it looks like there WAS something about the game that was hidden. Maybe Nanami played it after everyone else did, and all of the days were unlocked for her, but more than likely there was something in the game Hinata didn't think to do that Nanami did. SHSL Gamer and whatnot. This still goes back to my original problem with Twilight Murder Extravaganza though: It was playable, so unless there were days actually missing, the real life player of DR2 couldn't have unlocked the other days without waiting for the story to advancing to the second murder. Kind of a story gameplay barrier right there.

This doesn't bar Nanami from being suspicious as hell though. She played the game, after all. But I figured that she would.

The water bottles missing confirm what everyone else thought about the culprit washing off.

W.T. Fits posted:

Also, there are wetsuits in the closet, similar to the one Sonia was wearing. Odd that the game didn't bother pointing it out.

That too. Also, she just suspiciously ran out of the room like Mikan. Still, unless Mikan is Kirakira and we get some other crazy mumbo jumbo like case 2 of DR1, I still think Sonia did it.

Also, return of the king there at the end. Monobear probably let him out.

• Locked thread