Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013
So, did I miss something or was the location of where the killer got the bat ever brought up? In DR1 murder weapons were important enough to be evidence in some manner, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013

Calaveron posted:

If you see someone posting here with a regdate of mid-2012 or later, chances are they signed up exclusively for DR-DR2.

I know I paid my $10 to keep reading this thread.

Speculation based on evidence of the killing blow, since she died in the single hit she had to be moved to her current position. The only people to do that were the murderer and/or someone else who wanted to block that door/have her be in the same pose from the video game. The question then becomes why?

Is the body blocking the door some way to give more time to make and escape? To keep people from walking in while cleaning the blood off with water bottles in the bathroom?

Is the body set up the way it has been to try to jostle the memories of the girls from the video game? Is it a "I Know What You Did Last Summer" sort of thing?

KynElwynn fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 29, 2013

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013

Kay Kessler posted:

It's too bad there's no Pressent Evidence option a la Phoenix Wright. Half of what made that game fun was seeing all the NPCs react to the random crap in your inventory.

I am partially curious to see what happens when you Accuse someone who you have no evidence for.

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013

tiistai posted:

1000 words etc

And here I was thinking Yoshimitsu.

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

According to the map, it does. Well, technically it opens onto the grassy area, but close enough.

Thanks for the link back, it also gives us insight into Kuzuryuu's opinion on working with anyone (he's flat out against it) and a re-visit of the rules concerning the beach house (Would putting a wetsuit on over blood-stained clothes be considered 'changing'? If yes, it would seem to blow the forum hypothesis about Sonia being the killer out of the water)

Now, given the gangster's words and this case he's either 1) Flat-out lying about working with others 2) Using Peko-sama as an example of why you can't trust anyone to work with them 3) or honest in his feelings and he never allied with Peko and the forum is jumping to conclusions.

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013

of bees posted:

I'm sure you were joking, but I think we're going to end up with a double-kill like this at some point. Two people will manage to kill each other, and the investigation will be a difficult one. If this does happen, I imagine it will be in a later trial.

So, Akane and Nidai then?

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013

Fedule posted:

The only characters with really irrelevant skills were Hagakure (though even he said some stuff that turned out to be right, which is pretty much what "fortune tellers" do)

His prediction about two children from the same mother comes true in the "bad end".

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013

Bobulus posted:

I think one way the SHSL Mechanic could be used in a crime would be to set up some sort of murder Rube Goldberg machine, so he would have an alibi when the murder occurred.

Or for someone to frame him using one, if course.

Like Sonia maybe? :razz:

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013
So, unrelated to the current topics at hand, what good are Hope Shards? I understand in DR1 using free time events gave you access to powers to use during trials to make them easier for you, and DR2 has a similar mechanic. Spending free time earns Hope Shards to 'spend' as a currency on buying new powers, but the way you earn Hope Shards is in free time events. You get 2 free times between plot advancement and murders so it seems like you earn a steady rate of 2 Hope Shards each "chapter".
I guess ultimately my question is about the friendship Hope Shard screen where each student has 6 Hope Shard spaces around their portrait. Some of those (Like Hanamura/Togami)are impossible to fill up before a murder. Does anything happen if you manage to fill them up around someone?

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013

Bobulus posted:

Presumably after you win, Monomi will go look up all the dead student records and perfectly imitate their conversation style while wearing a really unconvincing wig, so that you can finally get all those Hope Shards that she's been after you to get all along.

Monomi in chef's hat for Hanamura. Make it so!

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think there was a horror movie that looked like this. :stare:

Was it in Fire in the Sky?

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013

Reading too much into it theater presents: Two murderers and a victim depicted here. Sonia and Souda are potentially going to be the Celes/Yamada of this game. I hope this is baseless speculation because I really like Ibuki and Gundam.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013

kaleidolia posted:

I was thinking Rob Paulsen, but that works.

And now I'm imagining Yakko Warner calling the kids, "You bastards"

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013

John Dyne posted:

Welp, Nidai just Piccolo'd Owari's Gohan. Not really surprising but drat.

Why didn't you DOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE!?

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013

pidgeon posted:

To be fair, in the pictures Mahiru took of the past, they didn't look younger or older. Maybe they really didn't grow.

Saionji: the amazing 17 year old loli

Everyone's the same age anyway, so while she looks and acts younger, Saionji is the same age as Nidai (who seems like he should be an adult).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KynElwynn
Jul 24, 2013
If the movie showed three murders, and Hinata is going to the movie theater, alone to see this film, if we have a Mioda killed Saionji, then was killed by the real murderer, then could not the real murderer try to make number three be Hinata while they're in the theater?

• Locked thread