Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Its here! its here!!

Such joy! Its finally begun! And i'm here at the start, rather than showing up 90% of the way though!

wait...

Such despair! I get to wait for updates so long! Glorious despair!

Also the only way DR0 could spoil the first game faster and more completely is to have a list of all the deaths on the first page, goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Teddles posted:

True, but there's a risk that a DR2 murder might collate with a DR1 murder and someone says "This is just like when X killed Y and made it look like Z did it. I cried when I found out that X just wanted to graduate and see his cat again!" And I don't think that DR0 has spoiled the main antagonist's identity yet.

If anybody is reading this thread before they read the DR1 thread and they get spoiled that is their own drat fault.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Coolguye posted:

While nothing is impossible, gymnastics with breasts like that are drat close. I don't want to get all spergy about the precise physics, so watch an olympic floor routine real quick.

Now imagine trying to pull that off with 10 pounds of extra weight that flies every which way at once hanging off your body.

Yeah, it's PRETTY far out there.

Too bad there's not some sort of bra that is suitable for sports or anything.

A 'physical activity support undergarment' or something of that nature.

There'd probably be a huge market for that.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
I love all of the characters even more with every update. I was surprised the rabbit wasn't instantly brainwashed to help Monobear (if this isn't all just an act). Its better this way.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

symptom posted:

If the knife wasn't to lure anyone, it must have been for the first intended killer to find easily. Togami spotted the person go under the table with the night vision goggles and went to intercept. But somehow there was already someone underneath the floor that stabbed up with the missing skewer? Would someone have predicted that far ahead, or was there someone else supposed to go under and grab the knife. Right now it seems likely that Nagito planted the knife and went under, but I kinda doubt that Hanamura is the killer. He said before "Hey, everyone! Where are you? T...This power outage... it isn't just in the kitchen?" That means he was in the kitchen at the time when the power went out. If there is a secret passage underneath the floor that may be in the bathroom, the closest person to that would be Pekoyama.

or he said that while under the floor boards

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

TheBystander posted:

So Nagito intended to murder Togami, and failed, but Togami was killed anyway. So that means that after this trial, Nagito will have gotten everything he wanted, and he'll get to survive as well.

Wow, I guess he really does have Super Highschool-Level Good Luck! Considering the kinda bullshitty "good luck" Naegi had in the first game, I'm surprised to see things work out so cleanly for Nagito.

I don't think he specifically was after Togami, just anybody. There was no way he was going to find a specific person to stab in the dark, but his SHSL Good Luck would find him so warm body.

Or he was just going to stab himself to death under the table.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

psychoticBacofoil posted:

No, more like the songs have audio cues that are themed on the character being executed. Basically unless you actively avoid some songs on the soundtrack, you'll end up connecting the dots and spoiling the executions due to this.

Wow thanks for that correction we all totally thought they were right and the soundtrack had english voice acted clips in it.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
this is fantastic. The trials are so much more dynamic and interesting to watch this time around, I'm watching the updates multiple times and I never did that last game. Except for special Junko freak outs, of course.

And this is just the first one! I can only imagine how nuts things are going to get from here.

Thanks again for this amazing LP, all of you.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Nidai is obviously the murderer. He went after Akane first but she just shrugged off the bat to the head and thought it was training, so after she laughed and wondered off he went after a weaker target. :v:

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Talking about the ads just gives attention to whoever bought them, which is just what they want here. I would think most people here would know how trolls operate! People have been told about them, they can upgrade to no ads, adblock them, or take their chances, lets just drop it.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Hrrm, I wonder if there is anyway to determine if Peko was dripping wet with fresh or salt water now that she is dry and in her clothing again. Time for Hinata to do some swimsuit searching.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
So lets see, in the game E-ko was killed by F-suke because of a photo taken by D-ko. Putting in the names as I think they go, that means Satou was killed by Kuzuryuu because of a photo Mahiru took. I'm going to assume Satou was either a fake name or one of the girls on the island is using a fake name, and that this time Mahiru was killed by Satou so that Kuzuryuu would not kill her (again??). Some sort of weird VR simulation is looking more and more likely, taking into account Monobear is saying this is a recreation of events that actually took place. The purpose of the game could have been to jog the memories of those involved, and implying the cycle was going to repeat. So then Satou killed to break the pattern or just out of revenge as it was Mahiru's fault she was killed the first time.

Also due to the broken fish tank being implied to be used to clean blood off Satou in the game, plus the water bottles, plus Peko showing up wet, I'm going to guess she is the mysterious Satuo.

I await the next update proving me terribly wrong on all counts.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Man DR2 really did kick it up from DR2, I don't recall a single case in DR1 where I didn't have a solid grasp on the culprit going into the trial. Once again here I have suspicions (Peko!) but would not be overly shocked if I was wrong.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Tombolo posted:

If all the sometimes-tagged spoilers on my dashboard are any indication, a decent chunk of Tumblr has moved on to some other SDR2 LP, anyway.

That one sucks, if its the one I'm thinking of. I gave it a glance when updates were really slow here and they passed up an opportunity to talk to Gundam saying he had nothing interesting to say.

It was at that moment I knew I was reading the LP of an insane individual.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

kidcoelacanth posted:

The blood splatter would be quite noticeable on his suit.

Hence she Togamis (moves the body) and not him.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Princey posted:

Another one just occurred to me though: Kermit the Monobear.

Thats been my vote since day one.

Hidele Ho, Monobear here! You bastards.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
This poo poo is hilarious, y'all are just over thinking it way too much. Enjoy the ride.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Hrm.

Its not just the hair, look how much more of the arms and legs stick out of the robe in the second image compared to the first. Thats totally Saionji in the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

BlueJoneleth posted:

Well it looks like the game just got confirmed to be translated by accident.

Good News, I suppose. :)

http://www.japanator.com/danganronpa-2-accidentally-confirmed-for-localisation--31517.phtml

thats adorable

I need a friend with a vita now

• Locked thread