Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«447 »
Do you even lift?
Yes
I am a weak pussy
I have 2 national powerlifting records
View Results
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Wazzit posted:

Went to go record a clip from a ground war game when I came to find that they apparently never fixed the bug from Black Ops 1 where Theater Mode only records half of a Ground War game.

So I decided to play MW2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsJQ9GIG-HQ

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Black Ops 1 being completely loving decimated by hackers in 2013.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

You might want to put this in the OP:

"Once you unlock camo for a gun, it stays unlocked unless you decide to be a dumbass and hit the reset option when you prestige."

hammeritme
Oct 28, 2002

I like the cut of your jib

absolomb posted:

My roommate was downloading stuff so I was on a 1-bar.

and you were getting pooped on by floridafanboy

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Psion posted:

Treyarch!

Didn't someone make a Treyarch/BLOPS 2 smiley in the last thread? With gratuitous dubstep and all? That needs to go in the OP.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Speaking of the A.G.R.,how many rockets does it take to kill that thing? It's my last challenge before golding the one launcher and I've shot 2 rockets at a single AGR and it still didn't die.

Of course after that someone else kills it while I'm respawning.

A c E fucked around with this message at Dec 12, 2012 around 17:48

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

I hold the crap in my colon so the crap gets harder

Will the season pass entitle me to all the content regardless of when I purchase the pass?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

A c E posted:

Speaking of the A.R.G.,how many rockets does it take to kill that thing? It's my last challenge before golding the one launcher and I've shot 2 rockets at a single ARG and it still didn't die.

It took two for me, but a teammate may have been doing chip damage with a gun at the time so maybe fire a mag of bullets at it, then switch to missiles?

Also, can anyone list the RPG unlock requirements beyond the "100 kills" one? I just prestiged so it'll be a while before I get the RPG again but I'd like to know what I'm in for. Last launcher I need to get gold camo for.

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

I think the only one different is shooting down one aircraft with the RPG. The rest are the same as the SMAW.

5 Double Kills
1 Car Kill
1 Triple Kill

Etc..

Also: It's AGR. Can't be getting the name of the Angry Gay Robot wrong.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

teknetik posted:

Why'd you ragequit last night dawg, why'd you ragequit.

Anywho, last night was fun. Hopefully it wasn't a one time thing. The game is enjoyable when it isn't making GBS threads all over your chest with connection related douchebaggery.

I believe we did all the making GBS threads this time. I asked ChiefRebel8 for further comment, but he declined, and now I'm left with a poopy tac-45.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The RPG takes down choppers in one hit if you manage to land it, right? I've done it a few times but I've never bothered to see if someone took the flares off first.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Shnakepup posted:

Didn't someone make a Treyarch/BLOPS 2 smiley in the last thread? With gratuitous dubstep and all? That needs to go in the OP.

I believe Anuj made it

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

Rei_ posted:

The RPG takes down choppers in one hit if you manage to land it, right? I've done it a few times but I've never bothered to see if someone took the flares off first.

And VTOL's.

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Rei_ posted:

Correct. The chopper can't flare off an RPG since it's a free fire rocket.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

Oh, can we add a list of the best pubbies we have ever harassed online, like a wall of shame or something?

I really want to play against StillBornRabbit again! His rage mics were ever so delicious.(akin to shoving a remote up his rear end like that kid with the wow account)

Slayer1597 fucked around with this message at Dec 12, 2012 around 17:49

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Smelly posted:

Correct. The chopper can't flare off an RPG since it's a free fire rocket.

I have a new art to master then

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

I used to do it all the time in BLOPS 1. It's great when the stars align and you shoot it down before it even gets a shot off.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

how do i flipped bike

p. good OP but it should include the best CoD video of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq1...be_gdata_player

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

"Butt Bounce?"
"Butt Bounce, kupo."

Hey OP do I lose all my attachments when I prestige a gun? Do I also lose my reticule shapes?

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Does it take 2 or 3 direct hits for the FHJ to kill an AGR?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Does anyone have a link to the trailer parody that's like "in the future everything's computers, the computers are computers"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

"Butt Bounce?"
"Butt Bounce, kupo."

causticBeet posted:

Does anyone have a link to the trailer parody that's like "in the future everything's computers, the computers are computers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X3tsDRfX1k

This is the REAL reveal trailer.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

The best

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Leal posted:

Hey OP do I lose all my attachments when I prestige a gun? Do I also lose my reticule shapes?
No you keep everything, gun have independent prestige. Also whatever you do you keep also the reticule and the camos UNLESS you do the reset your stats option.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Leal posted:

When you prestige your GUN yes you lose the attachments. When you prestige your character (For lack of a better term) you don't lose anything on your guns except you have to unlock it again.

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

Last night I got an AGR on border town, usually I throw them near the enemy spawn and just go on playing. For some reason I decided to pilot this one - it was Dom, and it was sitting on the A flag basically. Moral of the story is, spawns don't change because of an AGR. So I was literally driving it around a 10ft circle killing the same guys spawning in right in front of me...watching them appear. wack.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

A c E posted:

Speaking of the A.G.R.,how many rockets does it take to kill that thing? It's my last challenge before golding the one launcher and I've shot 2 rockets at a single AGR and it still didn't die.

I finally got that challenge done last night, now I have to finish the "destroy 10 player-controlled scorestreaks" one. Those are just Dragonfires and VTOLs, right?

P455W012D
Mar 20, 2007

"Smells like a Squatch"

haha!

Some how it brought me to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slVqNISUAWY

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Mr. WTF posted:

Last night I got an AGR on border town, usually I throw them near the enemy spawn and just go on playing. For some reason I decided to pilot this one - it was Dom, and it was sitting on the A flag basically. Moral of the story is, spawns don't change because of an AGR. So I was literally driving it around a 10ft circle killing the same guys spawning in right in front of me...watching them appear. wack.

Yep, pretty much.

Skip to 6:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWYykXBFYVo

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Moe_Rahn posted:

I finally got that challenge done last night, now I have to finish the "destroy 10 player-controlled scorestreaks" one. Those are just Dragonfires and VTOLs, right?

Lodestars as well

I wonder if a player controlled sentry or AGR would count.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Good morning I am Doctor Kong, I can expand dong.

Finally, a COD thread with a good OP and title.

beedeebee
Dec 17, 2008

Moe_Rahn posted:

Try shooting down care packages helicopters too. I think there once popped a 'kill X player controlled killstreaks' up when I shot down one.

Also, just had the most infuriating game. Everyone was on 4 bars, I was on 3. It was ridiculous. Now I know what you guys were whining about the entire previous thread. It was literally the first time I experienced so much bullshit.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Smelly posted:

Lodestars as well

I wonder if a player controlled sentry or AGR would count.
durr I forgot about Lodestars, I even tried to shoot one down yesterday before running out of rockets and deliberately getting killed in order to get more (this was on Nukeboat, so it wasn't that hard to do). Of course, by the time I respawned it was gone.

Also wondering about sentries/AGRs. Comedy option: RC-XDs (will it even lock on them? I tried last night as a goof and got blown up before I had the launcher shouldered, but I don't think so.)

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Moe_Rahn posted:

durr I forgot about Lodestars, I even tried to shoot one down yesterday before running out of rockets and deliberately getting killed in order to get more (this was on Nukeboat, so it wasn't that hard to do). Of course, by the time I respawned it was gone.

Also wondering about sentries/AGRs. Comedy option: RC-XDs (will it even lock on them? I tried last night as a goof and got blown up before I had the launcher shouldered, but I don't think so.)

I was also wondering about Sentries. Though would it only count if someone was controlling it because i expect that is rare.

RC-XDs would be sweet. I've gotten most of mine with the Dragonfires, nothing else gets thrown into the air around me for the most part.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Since we're having AGR chat, how long before it becomes common knowledge that one C4 will kill an AGR outright? I don't know if the patch changed this, but I've never had an AGR killed, while I one-shot every one I see with a quick c4 lob.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?

Moe_Rahn posted:

You can't lock onto RC Cars, no. Just AGRs/Sentries when being controlled, or dragonfire, VTOLS, and Lodestars (I think thats it, might be forgetting one).

I hate that theater mode splits up games when the host migrates now, it seems like every time I have an awesome game the host leaves. Had a 44-3, 3 VSAT game that isn't worth the effort of watching when its spread across 3 different clips like the way it is. That is of course that theater mode is even working right now.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

So I've added many "people" (goons) over the last few weeks. And not one of them is on now. Come be degenerates with me and play COD all day. GT: Clemen69

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

I'm usually on between 6pm-12am eastern time if anyone wants to play.

GT: Matazar

No one ever invites me to play with them . I also have a few goons, but most of them aren't playing. I also still need to try out zombies.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Good Dog posted:

You can't lock onto RC Cars, no. Just AGRs/Sentries when being controlled, or dragonfire, VTOLS, and Lodestars (I think thats it, might be forgetting one).

I hate that theater mode splits up games when the host migrates now, it seems like every time I have an awesome game the host leaves. Had a 44-3, 3 VSAT game that isn't worth the effort of watching when its spread across 3 different clips like the way it is. That is of course that theater mode is even working right now.

The weirdest thing about COD right now is that they keep trying to punish players for ragequitting, yet don't actually punish players for ragequitting, and instead seem to punish everyone else all the time.

And it's not like the way losing teams get punished in this game is anything NEW, like I'd say a solid pubstomping was worse in MW3/Black Ops just because of the sheer amount of poo poo you could put in the air simultaneously. A Blackbird at seven kills basically ended the game for the other team when the rest of yours started chaining their own Blackbirds into the mix. Chopper Gunners were a hell of a lot more devastating than any of Blops 2's high-end streaks.

I mean maybe it's just because even the low-end streaks are hard to get now and most of the gametypes are structured so it's hard to mount a comeback (once someone has a lead in Dom/HQ/HP it's almost loving impossible to do a comeback because of the time limits) Players are playing this game really sheepishly. If you aren't winning in the first 3 minutes there's really no point to trying unless it's the rare situation where things are THAT close.

That's why the first two minutes of Dom games are so crucial now, with the B flag so open and the games so biased to quickly become one-sided poo poo-kickings once one team is spawntrapped and has no chance of mounting a comeback, the fight for B has become a brutal clusterfuck in most Dom games i play now. Which is what I imagine Vonderhaar wants, but the ENTIRE rest of the match suffers for it now.

I played a game of TDM last night, 6v6. Dead quiet. No one was shooting. No explosions no streaks no gunfire no shouting. It was just people waiting for everyone else to do make a move first. It went on like that for a solid minute or two until I just left the game out of boredom.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at Dec 12, 2012 around 20:04

Emulator
Sep 20, 2007
perma-nub

I've noticed whenever I join a lobby with other goons, I either do really well or really poorly. I actually started to really notice the lag comp issues last night when I would queue up solo and be #1 or #2 in every lobby consistantly then go to bottom half/lowest when queuing with a group. I guess the funny part is it never really bothers me when I do badly personally as long as we win (and even when we lose, hey cant win them all). I'm sure some goons judge me by my poor K/D but hey if you need someone to cap and defend flags while you go on a scorestreak killing spree, I'm your man.

Menace2Brociety on 360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P455W012D
Mar 20, 2007

"Smells like a Squatch"

So someone jacked my "Pop Pop Ret" GT while I was off and on with GTs. Now I'm stuck with "popcornholio" until a better one emerges.

«447 »