Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«447 »
Do you even lift?
Yes
I am a weak pussy
I have 2 national powerlifting records
View Results
Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

Primetime posted:

Since we're having AGR chat, how long before it becomes common knowledge that one C4 will kill an AGR outright? I don't know if the patch changed this, but I've never had an AGR killed, while I one-shot every one I see with a quick c4 lob.

That is news to me. I have to test that out but if its true it'll be great to destroy someone's hard earned Wall-E with the quickness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

If anyone is into HC TDM, thats all I play feel free to add me OptimusMatrix

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

Sometimes you come across an emblem that you just can't stop laughing at for some reason.

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Sometimes you come across an emblem that you just can't stop laughing at for some reason.

Hah, Kenny is actually Arnold from Hey Arnold!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I'm more interested in the probably unintentional double-meaning behind the screen name "BANG U DEAD".

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.

Primetime posted:

Since we're having AGR chat, how long before it becomes common knowledge that one C4 will kill an AGR outright? I don't know if the patch changed this, but I've never had an AGR killed, while I one-shot every one I see with a quick c4 lob.

It also only takes two emp grenades to destroy one.

I'm starting to love emp grenades more than black hats. Sure you can't take care of airborne streaks or steal equipment, but clearing a whole building of equipment with one grenade is pretty nice. Last night two of us kept getting 200 points a grenade because of some really dumb snipers that kept going back to that 2-story in the middle of standoff.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Lucid Delusion posted:

That is news to me. I have to test that out but if its true it'll be great to destroy someone's hard earned Wall-E with the quickness.

Just did it again today right after a guy called in a Wall-E. Still a one-hit kill, still worth some rage mics.

Flying High
Jan 7, 2010

David Vonderhaar posted:

Double XP weekend on all platforms. RT @CallofDuty: Kick off #BlackOps2 2XP Weekend this Friday w/ @Treyarch's ...

Awesome y'all!

Teenagers
Sep 5, 2007

hail satan

what the gently caress is this 'game settings have changed' poo poo

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

Teenagers posted:

what the gently caress is this 'game settings have changed' poo poo

a minor inconvenience.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS

Did you know the War Machine doesn't provide impact kills if you're shooting inside the minimum safe distance? I didnt! Neither did the frantically backpedalling idiot who pegged me four or five times with nerf nades before I knifed him!

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Did you know the War Machine doesn't provide impact kills if you're shooting inside the minimum safe distance? I didnt! Neither did the frantically backpedalling idiot who pegged me four or five times with nerf nades before I knifed him!

Huh? I've been direct impacted by the war machine several times..

Sherlock Bones
Jul 13, 2006
;/

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Yeah they do

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS

Smelly posted:

Huh? I've been direct impacted by the war machine several times..

Wait really? Maybe he was just a bad shot and someone else was plinking me for low damage...

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Lucid Delusion posted:

It works. Also circling around it and firing shotgun slugs as fast as you can is both fun and a super saiyan level 6 rage inducing event. Every time I do it, I just imagine that poor guys hair exploding in fire as he shouts some primal word that resonates across continents. His poor precious gay robot.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Tesla Was Robbed posted:

It works. Also circling around it and firing shotgun slugs as fast as you can is both fun and a super saiyan level 6 rage inducing event. Every time I do it, I just imagine that poor guys hair exploding in fire as he shouts some primal word that resonates across continents. His poor precious gay robot.

This is assuming the person controlling the AGR isn't smart enough to simply just shoot a rocket at the ground?

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Internet Alias posted:

It also only takes two emp grenades to destroy one.

I'm starting to love emp grenades more than black hats. Sure you can't take care of airborne streaks or steal equipment, but clearing a whole building of equipment with one grenade is pretty nice. Last night two of us kept getting 200 points a grenade because of some really dumb snipers that kept going back to that 2-story in the middle of standoff.

Pretty much this. Black Hats are more flexible, but the EMPenadas are faster, have a greater range, provide lots of assist points for hitting both people and devices, and are capable of taking out whole groups of stuff. Pretty much the only real advantages PDAs have are their interactions with care boxes and airborne killstreaks.

'Course I threw 2 of each on an Tactician Engineer class in Elite last night.

Promoted Pawn fucked around with this message at Dec 12, 2012 around 23:22

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

Promoted Pawn posted:

greater range, provide lots of assist points for hitting both people and devices,

Its like a mini version of hardline. The range makes it easy to get the 50+ assists.

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Promoted Pawn posted:

Pretty much this. Black Hats are more flexible, but the EMPenadas are faster, have a greater range, provide lots of assist points for hitting both people and devices, and are capable of taking out whole groups of stuff. Pretty much the only real advantages PDAs have are their interactions with care boxes and airborne killstreaks.

Plus the EMP nades make you feel badass when you take out a low flying killstreak with them. Suck it dragonfire.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Good morning I am Doctor Kong, I can expand dong.

I don't really care about the lag when its not giving anyone a huge advantage, but when a guy is throwing up VSATs and Lodestars, I'm not staying for that. I'm just giving the guy free kills at that point.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Smelly posted:

Plus the EMP nades make you feel badass when you take out a low flying killstreak with them. Suck it dragonfire.

Taking out an HK with them is THE BEST

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Smelly posted:

I'd like to see a video of that. Sounds badass.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!

Couple things:

1)When playing zombies, a friend of mine completed the tower of bable achievement. We later did it together (for me) but nothing happened, it seems as if everything was already 'done' since he completed it before. Anyone ever encounter that?

2) I'm awesome and had a twin tower emblem, I find out today that I am perma-banned from emblem editor. No warning no nuthin! Also, my calling card wont stay when I choose one. What kind crappola is this!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Wazzit posted:

It is pretty awesome. EMP grenades have a fair range on top of going through walls. I have yet to survive taking out a dragonfire with one, but I take them down with me.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Flying High posted:

Awesome y'all!

They really want us to all be prestige 10 before 2013.

Or in my case, prestige ...3?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

I LOVE TO TROLL GBS

Wazzit posted:

I did it yesterday, guy was still folding up the paper plane when I wung the grenade at him, killed the HK as it left his hands.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

It's not gay if you're underway.

Promoted Pawn posted:

Actually the only disadvantage the PDA has is that you need to pair it with Engineer in order to bring out its full potential.
And technically speaking the black hat has a longer range, it just drops to poo poo when there is any type of wall in the way!

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

ElMaligno posted:

Actually the only disadvantage the PDA has is that you need to pair it with Engineer in order to bring out its full potential.
And technically speaking the black hat has a longer range, it just drops to poo poo when there is any type of wall in the way!

Can you blackhat someone who is heavily reliant on a target finder?

didn't think so.

EMP everyone when a VSAT is up as well.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

It's not gay if you're underway.

Smelly posted:

Can you blackhat someone who is heavily reliant on a target finder?

didn't think so.

EMP everyone when a VSAT is up as well.

No, but I can hack his bouncing Betty, then run away giggling while he gets killed by it.

Or deal with it the same way I deal with everything in this game, toss C4 their way.

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

You have my permission to
STAY OUT OF THE
FUCKING WAY!

Flying High posted:

Awesome y'all!

gently caress yes. They just had one like what, 2 weeks ago? But what the hell, bring on another one

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

The one on launch weekend was for owners of Nuketown 2025. Granted most people have that, but not everyone did.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

i like buttes

time to poopsock until my ps3 fries again

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

Gimme an S! Gimme an O! Gimme a C!...

Promoted Pawn posted:

Yeah I started rolling with EMPs at the reccomendation of this thread, and you an easily get 250 pts on one toss. I run low kill streaks so it's far more useful to me than Blackhats.

I stopped trying out all the other LMGs and went back to my LSAT last night, and holy poo poo is it good. If only the reload time wasn't so long, 90% of the time I die during the reload.

Cadetcons
Aug 15, 2008

Thanks for the games today Bluebatt, Overcashed, NightTraffic, and Weedwolf. Sorry that my friends like bitching about vidya games... Just mute them, that's what I do!

Trash Heap
Dec 26, 2002

Ask me about transforming into a semi and trucking over defenses.

I have my ideas of what to buy with my first prestige token, but is there some obvious, no-brainer you should unlock?

It seems to me that the FAL would be good to keep unlocked (as I prefer it over the other ARs), but I'm thinking it may be a bit faster to level with new guns for more XP.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

NACKHAMSLEF SING SONG
SING SONG NACKHAMSLEF

Ghost is a good unlock since it doesn't open until 55.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I took C4 for my first because I action-toss it everywhere all the time. Ghost, AN-94, M8A1, RPG and the ballistic knives are all pretty late and pretty good things to have.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

You unlock the FAL in like a couple of hours of games from a fresh prestige. Ghost is great to have early on. Ghost, AN-94, XM8, Skorpion, C4, Scavenger, all are good unlocks.

versus fucked around with this message at Dec 13, 2012 around 01:45

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

Flak Jacket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

I LOVE TO TROLL GBS

Ultimus posted:

You unlock the FAL in like a couple of hours of games from a fresh prestige. Ghost is great to have early on. Ghost, AN-94, XM8, Skorpion, C4, Scavenger, all are good unlocks.

Yeah, as much as I like the FAL it isn't worth spending a token on. Black Hats are earning my first prestige token because gently caress not having those.

«447 »