Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«447 »
Do you even lift?
Yes
I am a weak pussy
I have 2 national powerlifting records
View Results
Teenagers
Sep 5, 2007

hail satan

ghost is the best prestige unlock, the early levels fly by when dudes dont know where you are. gonna unlock the an-94 next prestige.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

Anyone getting kicked out of the COD servers randomly? Its really weird

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

ClemenSalad posted:

The servers are down. I'm using this opportunity to do homework like I'm a responsible loving adult or something

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ClemenSalad posted:

Yep I can't get on either. Scared me for a second there as I was making jokes about how our team was all using aimbots and that we should be reported.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

"Butt Bounce?"
"Butt Bounce, kupo."

Rei_ posted:

The servers are down. I'm using this opportunity to do homework like I'm a responsible loving adult or something

Well what are those of us who don't have homework, lift or have any responsibilities supposed to do?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Leal posted:

Well what are those of us who don't have homework, lift or have any responsibilities supposed to do?

Watch episodes of Justice League on Youtube

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

I LOVE TO TROLL GBS

Rei_ posted:

I'm playing with a team of goons right now.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

Lazyfire posted:

I'm playing with a team of goons right now.

I was too, until I lost connection and I can't get back again.

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Leal posted:

Start lifting, bro.

Fibby Boy
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Is there a weapon/weapon class that excels in bullet penetration or is it just the same for each weapon?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

I LOVE TO TROLL GBS

Fibby Boy posted:

Is there a weapon/weapon class that excels in bullet penetration or is it just the same for each weapon?

LMGs are generally great at bullet penetration. I believe sniper rifles and assault rifles are on par, SMGs are not very good and shotguns have about zero chance (even the KSG) of penetrating a wall. That's generally how it has worked in the past games, but BLOPS 1 was strange because I almost never killed anything through walls in that game, but it seems like they've upped the ability to shoot through walls in this to make things like the MMS viable.

Fibby Boy
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Lazyfire posted:

LMGs are generally great at bullet penetration. I believe sniper rifles and assault rifles are on par, SMGs are not very good and shotguns have about zero chance (even the KSG) of penetrating a wall. That's generally how it has worked in the past games, but BLOPS 1 was strange because I almost never killed anything through walls in that game, but it seems like they've upped the ability to shoot through walls in this to make things like the MMS viable.

Alright thanks. Good to know FMJ rounds on an smg are somewhat pointless.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

"Butt Bounce?"
"Butt Bounce, kupo."

My heart broke when I learned you cannot put the MMS on the LMG

versus
Sep 11, 2001

I don't think FMJ's pointless on an SMG Especially not on a map like Hijacked where there's so many thin walls to shoot through.

Fibby Boy
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Ultimus posted:

I don't think FMJ's pointless on an SMG Especially not on a map like Hijacked where there's so many thin walls to shoot through.

I did say somewhat. I know they still have their place with fmj rounds.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Lazyfire posted:

I believe sniper rifles and assault rifles are on par, SMGs are not very good and shotguns have about zero chance (even the KSG) of penetrating a wall.
I have definitely killed someone through a wall with the KSG. Granted it was the chest-high wall on Nukeboat to the side of B so it was probably pretty thin.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

I LOVE TO TROLL GBS

Insert name here posted:

I have definitely killed someone through a wall with the KSG. Granted it was the chest-high wall on Nukeboat to the side of B so it was probably pretty thin.

There are those deck chairs on the corners on one side I blasted three shots into that didn't go through, so I was sure there was no penetration on the thing.

Stu: I have a video review you should add to the OP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrQkEg-Dpvk

RoosterBrewster
Dec 30, 2009

Does anyone know if 10th prestige unlocks all everything including 5 extra custom classes? I just found out that you can't save up prestige awards to reset stats, reset tokens, or extra custom classes. I'm hoping I don't get screwed out of extra custom classes. Also, are permanent unlocks separate from prestige rewards?

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

Insert name here posted:

With an MMS KSG, you can stand outside of the cabins on Hijacked and 1-2 shot people inside. I don't know if that's because they designated those walls a thinner type of cover than they appear to be, if it's because the KSG just does so much damage the cover penalty isn't high enough to stop it or both, but it's doable.

I don't think it's impossible for buckshot guns to penetrate walls, but each pellet is going to take one sizeable damage penalty for being low caliber and another for not hitting the wall dead on.

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at Dec 13, 2012 around 03:06

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

RoosterBrewster posted:

Does anyone know if 10th prestige unlocks all everything including 5 extra custom classes? I just found out that you can't save up prestige awards to reset stats, reset tokens, or extra custom classes. I'm hoping I don't get screwed out of extra custom classes.

Prestige unlocks everything but I don't think it just gives you classes. For my prestiges I've been just doing a class each time because I'll never reset I always have plenty of tokens.

quote:

Also, are permanent unlocks separate from prestige rewards?

Yup separate

ClemenSalad fucked around with this message at Dec 13, 2012 around 03:15

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Govern a nation as you would fry a small fish
-Ronald Reagan

Stuck three people at once with a crossbow tribolt yesterday, I hate the ballistic knife but I might have to use it so I can rock a diamond crossbow

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

i like buttes

Lazyfire posted:

There are those deck chairs on the corners on one side I blasted three shots into that didn't go through, so I was sure there was no penetration on the thing.

please add this vid to the op tia

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?

Lazyfire posted:

Yeah, as much as I like the FAL it isn't worth spending a token on. Black Hats are earning my first prestige token because gently caress not having those.

You get EMP grenades at like 13, and they are almost as good and in plenty of ways better than black hat PDAs.

So far I've taken the AN94, Ghost, Scavenger, VSAT, and one other maybe that I'm forgetting.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

I rape cats

Lazyfire posted:

That video is the youtube version of throwing poo poo at the wall and seeing what sticks

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Fingers of Fury posted:

Stuck three people at once with a crossbow tribolt yesterday, I hate the ballistic knife but I might have to use it so I can rock a diamond crossbow

Goddamn, I have enough trouble sticking one guy.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Govern a nation as you would fry a small fish
-Ronald Reagan

Arrath posted:

Goddamn, I have enough trouble sticking one guy.

Are you using the tribolt? It becomes so much easier to use because you don't have to be as ridiculously accurate with the lead on it anymore. It will sometimes still bullshit me out of a kill once in awhile because the guy I'm aiming at will be in the sweet spot to dodge between the bolts

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The RCXD is amazing for Capture the Flag.

If flag carriers aren't exploding, you're playing the game wrong.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at Dec 13, 2012 around 04:43

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

i like buttes

Just found out the "Bloodthirsty" camo unlock doesn't actually require that you earn the Bloodthirsty medal with the gun, or get all five in a row with that gun, you just need to do it all within one life along with whatever kills you get with other weapons. Makes grinding my Gold Ballista slightly easier.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

now I suppose we could have coordinated this better but screw that, this owned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqJrPv7I1EI

Lodestar + VTOL =

TSBX
Apr 23, 2010

Nothing is as satisfying as planting a Guardian/Sentry combo into one of the stairwells on Express. Made my night, I'll tell you.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

TSBX posted:

Nothing is as satisfying as planting a Guardian/Sentry combo into one of the stairwells on Express. Made my night, I'll tell you.

Running UAV guardian sentry is super fun in CTF. A flag cap with a kill or two pretty much guarantees you all 3 then you can go be a dick and set up your new toys outside the enemy spawn. Especially in the barn on standoff.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

just a butt posted:

Just found out the "Bloodthirsty" camo unlock doesn't actually require that you earn the Bloodthirsty medal with the gun, or get all five in a row with that gun, you just need to do it all within one life along with whatever kills you get with other weapons. Makes grinding my Gold Ballista slightly easier.

Someone posted this earlier, so to speed things up on my last weapon I ran a SMG getting the first 4 kills, and the 5th with my XPR. After knocking out 4 bloodthirsty medals in one match, my counter hadn't increased any. It specifically said, "Get 10 Bloodthirsty medals using only XPR."

The other part is true though. In the middle of a fire fight I'd have to use my pistol to help me get away from the action, and resume the snipe kills.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Fingers of Fury posted:

Are you using the tribolt? It becomes so much easier to use because you don't have to be as ridiculously accurate with the lead on it anymore. It will sometimes still bullshit me out of a kill once in awhile because the guy I'm aiming at will be in the sweet spot to dodge between the bolts

Nope! See, I haven't gotten enough kills with the Crossbow to unlock Tri-bolt so that I can get kills with the crossbow. This is some chicken/egg poo poo right here

On that note, why are irons the last unlock for the Ballista? I hate sniping, just let me use iron sights already!

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

Magnificent bone structure.
Magnificent goal structure.

Jesus Christ.

I'm playing CTF in Mercenary Moshpit. It's on Meltdown. At one point we have the enemy flag, but the enemy has our flag as well. I'm like "Oh well, they can't cap our flag since we have theirs, so I'll just stick back here at our base with the guy that has their flag so they can't come over here and return it."

The guy with the flag waits about 30 seconds back at our base and then charges over into the other side of the map, gets killed, flag is returned, they cap our flag. I'm like

I really wanna know what was going through his head right then.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

I want to know what was going through your head when you expected some idiot playing call of duty to do what you told him to.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Flying High posted:

Awesome y'all!
I think this goes on record as the first Double XP weekend I've ever had in a call of duty game where I'm off work for it.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

Magnificent bone structure.
Magnificent goal structure.

Dum Cumpster posted:

I want to know what was going through your head when you expected some idiot playing call of duty to do what you told him to.

What was going through my head was "how will I get my emotional fulfillment by my numbers going up if this fuckhead doesn't play by the rules."

Also, I just got my first AGR. Whee.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Cum all over my mirrors just gettin off on my self maan, UUAOHH

WORSHIPPIN' this BIIG motherfucker.

*fingers dickhole*

Flying High posted:

Awesome y'all!

Excellent, just in time for me to be incredibly drunk after my last exam.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED, BLACK OPS GREATNESS HAS BEEN SET FOR THE YEAR( The year being all of one month I guess )

JIHADxxxJOE, Lumpy the Cook, Broderkrunk, and Myself.

This story of greatness opens when we enter a lobby of Cargo. A typical lobby with nobody being particularly noisy or noticeable.

We could not predict what would happen next as we entered the game. The fates presented us with the most delicious of online rage, The Angry Mom.

Phantom Rider36, was this particular chaps name, typical online kid, microphone on, and his TV volume far too loud. This was only the beginning of the absolute Armageddon.

JIHADxxxJOE grew irritated from hearing everything the announcer shouted twice in succession proceeded to speak to the young lad in his own language, and gave him the "Squealies".

Phantom Rider36's headset is suddenly ablaze with the voice of a 50 year old lady!

She had come on to inform us "doing things like that will get you reported!", and, "That can Damage Hearing!", we being the upstanding and respectful gentleman that we are, Break out into laughter, and begin conversing with her.

Upon deep conversation with her we discover in fact that "She is a woman" and not an "Ugly Old Man, Like you sound!".

She did have a remark about our particular goon group,"Ya'll are just a bunch of Jumped Up Punks, is what you are!".

She unfortunately went totally silent after this point just due to the sheer volume of our laughter.

But tonight we are rolling as a new Goon Fun Subsection : JUPK,The Jumped Up Punks.

The Bar has officially been set, for Greifing!

Slayer1597 fucked around with this message at Dec 13, 2012 around 10:21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

this is a fuckin great story but bro you are trying WAY too hard.

«447 »