Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«447 »
Do you even lift?
Yes
I am a weak pussy
I have 2 national powerlifting records
View Results
Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

CaptainJuan posted:

this is a fuckin great story but bro you are trying WAY too hard.

Fair, very fair, I will tone it down a bit!

EDIT: Go Figure when you remove all the unnecessary junk from it, its a much more compelling tale.

Slayer1597 fucked around with this message at Dec 13, 2012 around 10:16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

Well, You're Certainly Entitled To Your Opinion.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Using an LMG with grip and FMJ on hardcore is super fun, but goddamn you run the risk of being kicked.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Copy That:
--MILK CRATES-- INBOUND!

Lazyfire from the last thread posted:

Glad to see the DukeRage is under control these days. I haven't played with you since maybe the early days of BLOPS1 and I remember it being out of control then.
don't tell anyone but I just like yelling. A lot. And it's even worse now that I have this nice big ol' house aaaaaall to myself.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

scamtank posted:

I took C4 for my first because I action-toss it everywhere all the time.

I did not take C4 with me, yet, I have more C4 kills than any other individual weapon in this game. Too bad it doesn't show up as favorite weapon on top of being favorite equipment. I'm closing in on 50% kill to deploy ratio too.

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

So you made fun of some 50 year old lady, on call of duty.

Man, I wanna be just like you.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Smelly posted:

So you made fun of some 50 year old lady, on call of duty.

Man, I wanna be just like you.

loving jumped up punks with their pumped up kicks.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

NACKHAMSLEF SING SONG
SING SONG NACKHAMSLEF

It's really dumb that you get two shots with the second launcher but most, if not all player controlled aerial scorestreaks require three shots to take down because of their defense systems. I want that drat gold camo!

Twaan
Apr 3, 2009

Arrath posted:

Nope! See, I haven't gotten enough kills with the Crossbow to unlock Tri-bolt so that I can get kills with the crossbow. This is some chicken/egg poo poo right here

Go play some sticks and stones to level up your crossbow with less stress. Kills are easier there because it is more of an even playing field and you don't have to worry about getting snipped from across the map as you reload your crossbow.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

nickhimself posted:

It's really dumb that you get two shots with the second launcher but most, if not all player controlled aerial scorestreaks require three shots to take down because of their defense systems. I want that drat gold camo!

It's basically seeing a Dragonfire and screaming NO ONE TAKE IT DOWN! IT'S MINE!

Pheel
Jul 23, 2007

Due to a code freeze at work I get to 'work' from home the rest of the month. If anyone is playing this morning/afternoon, add my GT: IceLikeKobe24.

Pheel fucked around with this message at Dec 13, 2012 around 14:49

Scarf
Jun 23, 2005

Hello.

Slayer1597 posted:

IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED, BLACK OPS GREATNESS HAS BEEN SET FOR THE YEAR( The year being all of one month I guess )

JIHADxxxJOE, Lumpy the Cook, Broderkrunk, and Myself.

This story of greatness opens when we enter a lobby of Cargo. A typical lobby with nobody being particularly noisy or noticeable.

We could not predict what would happen next as we entered the game. The fates presented us with the most delicious of online rage, The Angry Mom.

Phantom Rider36, was this particular chaps name, typical online kid, microphone on, and his TV volume far too loud. This was only the beginning of the absolute Armageddon.

JIHADxxxJOE grew irritated from hearing everything the announcer shouted twice in succession proceeded to speak to the young lad in his own language, and gave him the "Squealies".

Phantom Rider36's headset is suddenly ablaze with the voice of a 50 year old lady!

She had come on to inform us "doing things like that will get you reported!", and, "That can Damage Hearing!", we being the upstanding and respectful gentleman that we are, Break out into laughter, and begin conversing with her.

Upon deep conversation with her we discover in fact that "She is a woman" and not an "Ugly Old Man, Like you sound!".

She did have a remark about our particular goon group,"Ya'll are just a bunch of Jumped Up Punks, is what you are!".

She unfortunately went totally silent after this point just due to the sheer volume of our laughter.

But tonight we are rolling as a new Goon Fun Subsection : JUPK,The Jumped Up Punks.

The Bar has officially been set, for Greifing!

Now if you had convinced her to 1v1 you and recorded it...

Fibby Boy
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Rei_ posted:

It's basically seeing a Dragonfire and screaming NO ONE TAKE IT DOWN! IT'S MINE!

That's pretty much exactly what I'd say each time. It was great when I found a lobby that had the enemy putting up a red baron/lodestar/vtol regularly. All I had to do was wait in a secure area until it went up. Finally got gold on that launcher.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Last night in a nutshell

https://twitter.com/xboxahoy/status...0/photo/1/large

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

I LOVE TO TROLL GBS

Rei_ posted:

This sort of thing is exactly why I'm not even bothering with trying to get gold/diamond guns. I'll probably brute force the FAL, KSG and M8 just through constant use, but I don't think I would go out of my way to get that sort of thing.

Now, if I could guild my tomahawks, that would be a different story.

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

TSBX posted:

Nothing is as satisfying as planting a Guardian/Sentry combo into one of the stairwells on Express. Made my night, I'll tell you.

I did something similar except it was two Guardians set up almost back to back on Plaza. One facing into the wub wub club and the other facing the B flag.

Fibby Boy
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Lucid Delusion posted:

I did something similar except it was two Guardians set up almost back to back on Plaza. One facing into the wub wub club and the other facing the B flag.

Pretty sure I'm gonna start calling that room the Wub Wub Club from now on. Without a doubt my favorite name for any area in this game.

Chappy
Feb 11, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom

Sorry I bailed last night. After going positive all night, then suddenly going into hit marker fest 2k12 I had to give up for the evening.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$

One more bloodthirsty with the QBB LSW until I can stop wanting to break my game disc.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Lazyfire posted:

This sort of thing is exactly why I'm not even bothering with trying to get gold/diamond guns. I'll probably brute force the FAL, KSG and M8 just through constant use, but I don't think I would go out of my way to get that sort of thing.

It's not hard, the launchers took me about a week. The SMGs, all I have left is the MSMC to get Gold on.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

Rei_ posted:

It's not hard, the launchers took me about a week. The SMGs, all I have left is the MSMC to get Gold on.

I can't kill an AGR for the life of me, so I decided to stop taking up a create a class point.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I EMP'ed the AGR, put a clip into it, and then unloaded FHJ rounds into it until it died. First try. The Diamond FHJ is nice.

hammeritme
Oct 28, 2002

I like the cut of your jib

Worst part about the camo challenges are the no perk/no attachment requirements. I just hate gimping myself.

I just got my first gold gun last night and I hated every second of it even though I was using the PDW. I don't understand how some people have diamond ARs/SMGs already.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

hammeritme posted:

Worst part about the camo challenges are the no perk/no attachment requirements. I just hate gimping myself.

I just got my first gold gun last night and I hated every second of it even though I was using the PDW. I don't understand how some people have diamond ARs/SMGs already.

150 kills isn't that many, no attachments seems to be less gimpy than no perks though. Rough.

The frustrating thing is that you can't start the challenges until after you finish the headshots.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

hammeritme posted:

Use Danger Close to kit yourself out with extra explosives, and run anti-air to fill out the extra class slots. Black Hats are really dependent on engineer, so you can be more proactive with EMP grenades. If you plan a more combative role, use flashbangs but just make sure you throw them REALLY FAR AWAY from you.

If you plan on playing objectives, run Tactician and double up on two Trophy Systems and a Smoke Grenade.

If you want to CAMP, like if you're doing the ARs and LMGs or whatever, run Betties and Shock Charges.

Most importantly, run low streaks. Nothing higher than a Guardian. Hunter Killers are nice, but RC-XDs are great for going into Hardpoints and Headquarters, chasing down Flag Carriers and poo poo.

Prestige the gun right before you start the 150 kills so it's a tad more efficient-feeling.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at Dec 13, 2012 around 16:24

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

So I got probated from the Emblem Editor for 2 weeks because of my massive throbbing veiny cock. drat

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009

No perks/no attachment challenge on the executioner is great since the gun is so lovely those two just feel like business as usual.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Lazyfire posted:

I have a gold FHJ and a gold SMAW. It's not that hard. RPG is only a matter of time once I rank up to get it again. prestige every day, you see.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Dunk Bot 3000 posted:

No perks/no attachment challenge on the executioner is great since the gun is so lovely those two just feel like business as usual.
The Executioner without fast mags is just masochistic, though.

e: Actually, I think the worst part of the Executioner was the Bloodthirsty medals.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at Dec 13, 2012 around 16:32

Knightmare
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

The 150 kills thing is pretty easy in Hardcore and usually only takes a few hours. Start it immediately after the headshots/OHKs and you'll pick up some of the other Revenge/Bloodthirsty/Double Kill ones on the way.

I've been playing nothing but HC since the weekend and I think Carrier is now my favorite map. In HC at least. No I'm not drunk.

hammeritme
Oct 28, 2002

I like the cut of your jib

Rei_ posted:

Use Danger Close to kit yourself out with extra explosives, and run anti-air to fill out the extra class slots. Black Hats are really dependent on engineer, so you can be more proactive with EMP grenades. If you plan a more combative role, use flashbangs but just make sure you throw them REALLY FAR AWAY from you.

If you plan on playing objectives, run Tactician and double up on two Trophy Systems and a Smoke Grenade.

Hmm good call. I didn't think to equip danger close/tactician. Tactician seems more effective since I can carry 4 tac nades then, along with 3 attachments on my gun.

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009

Carbohydrates posted:

The Executioner without fast mags is just masochistic, though.

e: Actually, I think the worst part of the Executioner was the Bloodthirsty medals.

I was fearing the bloodthirsty medals too but it's surprisingly easy when you bunker down in a small room with shock charges/smoke and scavenger.

For me the worst part of the whole thing was all the people that rageswitched to the R870 after dying a few times to the executioner. You just cannot compete with that thing on any level.

Twaan
Apr 3, 2009

Am I the only crazy person that does No perks/No attachment challenge at the same time? If I have to slough through kills gimped it might as well be 150 total and not 300....amiright?

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Twaan posted:

Am I the only crazy person that does No perks/No attachment challenge at the same time? If I have to slough through kills gimped it might as well be 150 total and not 300....amiright?

I do this with some guns. Did it with the MSMC. I think it's much easier to just roll into ground war and hope you get a small map and just kind of trudge through it.

Fibby Boy
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Twaan posted:

Nope. I do it with every weapon because it goes faster it seems. If I'm gonna be gimped why not just go all the way with it?

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

Fibby Boy posted:

Nope. I do it with every weapon because it goes faster it seems. If I'm gonna be gimped why not just go all the way with it?

I do that too and feel badass when you get some bloodthirstys.

Knightmare
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Twaan posted:

I thought it was silly in theory to gimp yourself all the way but in practice it goes by a lot faster and I can usually pull 1.0+ K/D rounds with it anyway.

Fibby Boy
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

ClemenSalad posted:

I do that too and feel badass when you get some bloodthirstys.

There was one game I had where I got 5 camos at the same time while doing the no perk/attachment thing. Cherry Blossom, Art of War, Ronin, Skulls, and Gold. Felt loving great.

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Rei, do you use select fire on the Chicom? This thing feels like it takes the entire magazine to kill someone. I wanted to know if it's any better with select fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

Smelly posted:

Rei, do you use select fire on the Chicom? This thing feels like it takes the entire magazine to kill someone. I wanted to know if it's any better with select fire.

You can really make that thing spray at a decent rate without the select fire attachment.

«447 »