Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«447 »
Do you even lift?
Yes
I am a weak pussy
I have 2 national powerlifting records
View Results
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

Knightmare posted:

The 150 kills thing is pretty easy in Hardcore and usually only takes a few hours. Start it immediately after the headshots/OHKs and you'll pick up some of the other Revenge/Bloodthirsty/Double Kill ones on the way.

I've been playing nothing but HC since the weekend and I think Carrier is now my favorite map. In HC at least. No I'm not drunk.

My opinion of the maps has changed dramatically since I started playing hardcore. Carrier is great, but god drat gently caress Standoff so much (corner campers paradise).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

So I'm a five year old but when the SOC wins instead of saying "Our generals will be pleased". It sounds suspiciously like "our genitals will be pleased."

ClemenSalad fucked around with this message at Dec 13, 2012 around 18:34

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

TSBX posted:

Nothing is as satisfying as planting a Guardian/Sentry combo into one of the stairwells on Express. Made my night, I'll tell you.
Mine is 2 Sentry Guns and a Death Machine because I enjoy unequivocally owning half of an entire map.

Knightmare
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Bigass Moth posted:

My opinion of the maps has changed dramatically since I started playing hardcore. Carrier is great, but god drat gently caress Standoff so much (corner campers paradise).

Standoff is probably my second or third favorite map!

Any map sucks if everyone beds down and camps though. Carrier is a pain when everyone just plants and watches over each other's flanks. Carrier is also great when you get behind all the snipers, as it's an easy bloodthirsty. I've noticed Slums is become one of the highly-voted maps with pubbies and I'm not a huge fan, it's basically land-Hijacked. Got my first Merciless in it though.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

Any tips/gamemodes for getting knife bloodthirsties? I've gotten 2 (before the challenge was unlocked) but it was luck really.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

ClemenSalad posted:

Any tips/gamemodes for getting knife bloodthirsties? I've gotten 2 (before the challenge was unlocked) but it was luck really.

Free for All and run Ghost, hide like an idiot and ambush and keep moving. You're relying on 7 other guys looking for 7 other guys being all around them and they'll be distracted.

Oh, and luck.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

I LOVE TO TROLL GBS

ClemenSalad posted:

Express with a smart team feeding you UAVs and VSATs. I don't know why, but express is my best knife map.

War Bunny
Jul 6, 2009

I don't silflay at this time, sir.

Moe_Rahn posted:

I finally got that challenge done last night, now I have to finish the "destroy 10 player-controlled scorestreaks" one. Those are just Dragonfires and VTOLs, right?

And sentry guns. I did this challenge thinking it was just dragonfires and vtols. It took loving forever.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

ClemenSalad posted:

So I'm a five year old but when the SOC wins instead of saying "Our generals will be pleases". It sounds suspiciously like "our genitals will be pleased."

I've been saying that and giggling since day 1. I am such a child.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

CANONIZE!! CANONIZE!! CANONIZE!!

Spoon Man posted:

The SOC in general are just great. I can't help but repeat my guy when he says (and I know this is not what it is) something like "MAKE SURE! MAKE SURE!".

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Quasipox posted:

The SOC in general are just great. I can't help but repeat my guy when he says (and I know this is not what it is) something like "MAKE SURE! MAKE SURE!".

It's something like "MAY-shure MAY-shure". Which my brain always interprets him alternatively saying "Major Major" or "Measure Measure". Still funny to hear though.

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Shnakepup posted:

It's something like "MAY-shure MAY-shure". Which my brain always interprets him alternatively saying "Major Major" or "Measure Measure". Still funny to hear though.

I always hear "MAYS HERE MAYS HERE" and get this idea in my head that he's trying a very bad Billy Mays impersonation.

Fibby Boy
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Spoon Man posted:

Playing as the ISA on overflow one day led me to hear something along the lines of "Godzilla!" I know that's not what my character said but it sounded a lot like it.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Knightmare posted:

Standoff is probably my second or third favorite map!

Any map sucks if everyone beds down and camps though. Carrier is a pain when everyone just plants and watches over each other's flanks. Carrier is also great when you get behind all the snipers, as it's an easy bloodthirsty. I've noticed Slums is become one of the highly-voted maps with pubbies and I'm not a huge fan, it's basically land-Hijacked. Got my first Merciless in it though.

Slums and Raid are great when both teams on the same page. No camping, just piling into the courtyards during KC. Utter chaos. Even when you're losing it's great because you're getting poo poo-tons of points.

And EMP's plus Scavenger are great. Throw 'em everywhere and share the fuzzy love. With Engineer those red outlines are just free points for the taking. Thankfully the community at large hasn't realized how drat amazing they are, they're too busy running around hipfiring SMG's and still scoring less. Definitely planning on Scavenger being my next unlock.

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

Do you guys prestige your weapons for the exp gains/faster leveling?

I prestiged the MSMC last night and I'm not really sure why.

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

Mr. WTF posted:

Main reason to do it is to level faster by getting gun challenges. You also get your emblem on your gun after your second prestige.

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Mr. WTF posted:

Yeah. I do it so I can get my emblem on my guns. I must let the whole world know that it is my gun.

Really though, most of the guns are decent without any attachments. The one I kinda regret hitting prestige on was the Saiga. Stupid gun.

Fibby Boy
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Mr. WTF posted:

I do because I want fake diamonds on all of my guns.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Fibby Boy posted:

I do because I want fake diamonds on all of my guns.

You don't get camos from prestiging guns.

The best reason is to get your emblem on it.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

When you prestige your weapon, you get obtain more exp from doing those weapon leveling again. Notice how each attachment gives you +xp. You get that exp all over again and you get to put a veiny penis on your gun.

Fibby Boy
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Wait, I don't have to prestige my weapons for diamond camo? Well I feel stupid now. Still gonna do it though.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

You get a calling card for maxing out a gun at prestige 2. It's a fancy 5000xp and required for the even fancier mastery one.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Yeah, but you dont lose the camo and you get more xp so why not.

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

And most of the time, the more useful attachments are on the low end of the scale, so it doesn't take long to earn them back.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

I like the feeling of constantly working toward something, so I prestige my guns because there is an option to prestige my guns. I'd still do it if it didn't give you jack poo poo.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

So there's a second set of keys in the bank, right outside the vault. It seems that if you punch them with galvaknuckles, you can use them to give money to other players in $1000 increments with a $100 service charge.

Fibby Boy
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

I got to play zombies with yama, phatty, and romney. I think I did rather well for myself. Nowhere near spoon man levels of good but still pretty well. Built a lot of things and was taught some stuff too.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Knight2m posted:

And most of the time, the more useful attachments are on the low end of the scale, so it doesn't take long to earn them back.

Except for pistols, where silencers are near the high end

Catman Begins
Dec 1, 2004

I am the night.

This:

got me this today:

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Fibby Boy posted:

I got to play zombies with yama, phatty, and romney. I think I did rather well for myself. Nowhere near spoon man levels of good but still pretty well. Built a lot of things and was taught some stuff too.

Zombies is pretty fun this time around. I think moving from place to place is what made it more interesting for me.

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff

Catman Begins posted:

This:

got me this today:

Are you surprised?

Catman Begins
Dec 1, 2004

I am the night.

Vildiil posted:

Are you surprised?

Well it doesn't break any of their guidelines for banning:

quote:

Offensive Emblems

Any user who creates an emblem with sexually gratuitous images, racially offensive material or foul language is subject to penalty.

Minor offense: User will be temporarily banned from using the Emblem Editor, and all emblems will be reset to default.
Extreme or repeat offenses: User will be permanently banned from using the Emblem Editor, and all emblems will be reset to default.

Fibby Boy
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Catman Begins posted:

You're offending the proud 'Murican race.

Anyone wanna do some chaos moshpit tonight?

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Catman Begins posted:

I'm surprised it doesn't have "Including but not limited to" in there. You're the 4th (I think) goon to be banned because of a 9/11 emblem.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

Smelly posted:

I'm surprised it doesn't have "Including but not limited to" in there. You're the 4th (I think) goon to be banned because of a 9/11 emblem.

Its kind of implicit though since technically its their emblem editor and we're using their game/servers.

I hope my dude shooting himself doesn't get banned.

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

You have my permission to
STAY OUT OF THE
FUCKING WAY!

Catman Begins posted:

This:

got me this today:

Maybe they do have standards after all!

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

ClemenSalad posted:

Its kind of implicit though since technically its their emblem editor and we're using their game/servers.

I hope my dude shooting himself doesn't get banned.

Oh I know, but usually they have it tossed in there just to cover their bases.

Catman Begins
Dec 1, 2004

I am the night.

Smelly posted:

The worst bit is that Barracks now has NEW next to it permanently because the Emblem Editor has been reset. My OCD

Knightmare
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

I wonder if they're going through all the reported emblems or just narrowing down suspects by whoever is using the number 9 & 1 emblems? There's no way they're randomly going through millions of emblems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puttblug
Mar 21, 2005

Do wildcards count as perks when going for the "get 150 kills without any perks equipped" camouflage?

«447 »