Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«447 »
Do you even lift?
Yes
I am a weak pussy
I have 2 national powerlifting records
View Results
Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Puttblug posted:

Do wildcards count as perks when going for the "get 150 kills without any perks equipped" camouflage?

No, I use the primary gunfighter one for mine just to help soften the blow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catman Begins
Dec 1, 2004

I am the night.

Knightmare posted:

I wonder if they're going through all the reported emblems or just narrowing down suspects by whoever is using the number 9 & 1 emblems? There's no way they're randomly going through millions of emblems.

I imagine I've been reported many times by Americans doing their civic duty.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Knightmare posted:

I wonder if they're going through all the reported emblems or just narrowing down suspects by whoever is using the number 9 & 1 emblems? There's no way they're randomly going through millions of emblems.

Most likely he just got reported.

Puttblug
Mar 21, 2005

Smelly posted:

Good to know. I'm deciding if I want to be a giant dick and roll with 4 EMP grenades.

Edit: Looks like you're not allowed to do that. drat it Treyarch. It's probably for the better.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Catman Begins posted:

The worst bit is that Barracks now has NEW next to it permanently because the Emblem Editor has been reset. My OCD

That's like Chinese water torture.

hammeritme
Oct 28, 2002

I like the cut of your jib

Catman Begins posted:

Well it doesn't break any of their guidelines for banning:

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

Fibby Boy
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Knightmare posted:

I think they ban via highest reported emblems. So someone spamming reports on one emblem could shoot the reported count on it up real fast.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

I think the lesson here is be nice to the squeakers, they control our fate.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Can he be kissed without a massive erection?

Man, folks really don't like the cherry blossom KSG. So many OH MY GOD FAG rage mics.

I just want to look pretty, is all.

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

Smelly posted:

Sweet, I did not know this.

Capn Beeb posted:

Man, folks really don't like the cherry blossom KSG. So many OH MY GOD FAG rage mics.

I just want to look pretty, is all.

I hope this is while rocking the BOYS clan tag.

teknetik
Jan 12, 2010

SO
JEWISH

I take back what I said about the game being playable on three bars -- it's not. It's still sorta fun on four bars, but sometimes goes to poo poo in full parties.

Had a bunch of good games playing solo on Merc.

sba
Jul 9, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Primetime posted:

Since we're having AGR chat, how long before it becomes common knowledge that one C4 will kill an AGR outright? I don't know if the patch changed this, but I've never had an AGR killed, while I one-shot every one I see with a quick c4 lob.

The black hat takes it out in one try too. Pubbies get maaaaaad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Catman Begins posted:

This:

got me this today:

This is the game developer that thinks it's acceptable to make a level that involves mowing down innocent civilians in a airport. Yet this is bannable?

sba
Jul 9, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

just a butt posted:

Just found out the "Bloodthirsty" camo unlock doesn't actually require that you earn the Bloodthirsty medal with the gun, or get all five in a row with that gun, you just need to do it all within one life along with whatever kills you get with other weapons. Makes grinding my Gold Ballista slightly easier.

I had no idea about this until yesterday, I had a 8-0 run that started with a knife kill and got credit towards my 10 with it. I wish I would have known before I grinded the SVU

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

Catman Begins posted:

This:

got me this today:

It's missing an eagle with a tear.
Looks like you no longer need to prestige your weapons.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I said come in! posted:

This is the game developer that thinks it's acceptable to make a level that involves mowing down innocent civilians in a airport. Yet this is bannable?
That's IW actually. Treyarch are the guys that hired Oliver North.

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

Shit, I didn't bring a knife.

I said come in! posted:

If you wanna get technical, the airport level was , but yeah.

I mean, there's also the fact that I'm not allowed to name my flyswatter class "gently caress Helicopters", and yet when you start the campaign the opening cutscene involves Woods yelling something along the lines of, "Raul fuckin' Menendez" and calling you a dipshit a whole bunch of times.

Scuzzywuffit fucked around with this message at Dec 13, 2012 around 22:49

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Roman posted:

That's IW actually. Treyarch are the guys that hired Oliver North.

Which is arguably just as bad, isn't it?

Scuzzywuffit posted:

If you wanna get technical, the airport level was , but yeah.

I mean, there's also the fact that I'm not allowed to name my flyswatter class "gently caress Helicopters", and yet when you start the campaign the opening cutscene involves Woods yelling something along the lines of, "Raul fuckin' Menendez" and calling you a dipshit a whole bunch of times.

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to me to censor what players say or do in a CoD game. This is a game series with a lot of strong language, and very graphic violence with a lot of gore. It's not at all a kid friendly game series and no one under the age of 90 should be playing it.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at Dec 13, 2012 around 22:50

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

I'm just pissed off that I can't use "PACK" as my clan tag to go with my Green Bay Packer's emblem.

Apparently PACK is offensive.

Jake Blues
Jun 17, 2003

Cruisin' for burgers.

Catman Begins posted:

The worst bit is that Barracks now has NEW next to it permanently because the Emblem Editor has been reset. My OCD

oh god that would kill me worse than not being able to play the emblem mini-game. Why not start over on a new GT? [if you have the extra $60 to throw away for a LIVE subscription ]

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

You've done a man's job, sir.

I guess the shield is rendered completely useless in hardcore since people can just shoot straight through it regularly??

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Got frustrated with Blops2 this afternoon and have been playing MW2 for the last hour or so. There's a lot less tubing than I remember and the players are definitely worse that I remember. If anyone is interested in a bit of a retro night, let's make a party. GT: Kloaked00

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Catman Begins posted:

This:

got me this today:

This seems relatively tame considering how far you could have taken it. I would have expected a temp ban really.

I've seen far worse emblems, but I'm also not an American.

Also, I would not be able to deal with not being able to clear out the "New" notifications. They need an option to not show those at all really. I know what's new and what isn't.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

drat, K9 is pretty terrible.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

I rape cats

A c E posted:

This seems relatively tame considering how far you could have taken it. I would have expected a temp ban really.

I've seen far worse emblems, but I'm also not an American.

Also, I would not be able to deal with not being able to clear out the "New" notifications. They need an option to not show those at all really. I know what's new and what isn't.

COD elite used to censor the words "dumb," "stupid" and "jerk"

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

I just spent 9.95!! posted:

I...really?

I watched 2 people burn to death before even starting the campaign. Their logic what's "offensive" baffles me.

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Oh they can be as offensive as they want. But so help you god if you want to name a class Assault.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

NACKHAMSLEF SING SONG
SING SONG NACKHAMSLEF

So this happened last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ow4VjqBeaw

I mean, is it just me or is that suspect as gently caress? I was taking down their UAV's all game so I know that one blip you see is the only notification he could have had. I watched his game and about 1 minute prior to that, he's upstairs in the room looking around and locking on to nothing apparent, but if he has wallhacks on he's toggling players or it's auto-toggling.

If that was a lucky rear end knife, then whatever. It still looks super shady.

Knightmare
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Space Jam posted:

I guess the shield is rendered completely useless in hardcore since people can just shoot straight through it regularly??

They can't actually, they either nicked your foot or elbow or caught a bit of head. It's tough to say with lag comp and no killcams.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

nickhimself posted:

I mean, is it just me or is that suspect as gently caress? I was taking down their UAV's all game so I know that one blip you see is the only notification he could have had. I watched his game and about 1 minute prior to that, he's upstairs in the room looking around and locking on to nothing apparent, but if he has wallhacks on he's toggling players or it's auto-toggling.

Welcome to the console XIM3 thread!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

nickhimself posted:

You can usually tell you're in a hacked lobby if there's weird random text off to the side of the screen like in your video!

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

I just spent 9.95!! posted:

"Rapist" is cool though.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

For those of us shedding tears grinding the Ballista to get irons, the ACOG is a decent halfway point, it'll go a ton faster and you won't be so worthless up close. Gotta keep a pistol on hand (or overkill an SMG) for those goddamn hitmarkers. Also use the blue camo.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

I rape cats

A c E posted:

I...really?

I watched 2 people burn to death before even starting the campaign. Their logic what's "offensive" baffles me.

I made BTSX's MW3 title "Child Rapist" for a good while, that seemed to be ok with them

edit - wow pigs coming out of the woodwork just to beat me to the punch

let's play Borderlands 2 soon

Smelly
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

That's a PC video. Down at the bottom it says 4 or 5 to use select fire.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

nickhimself posted:

It looks like he got winged with something behind him which made him turn around.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Copy That:
--MILK CRATES-- INBOUND!

Definitely PC - The only hacking going on on Xbox is when someone kills me with something in this game because CLEARLY the only way I'm getting killed by these schlubbs is if they're cheating.

edit:

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

So anyone needs a body I'm on.
Gt- Kenny powerzzz
Edit- that was quick thanks.

kenny powerzzz fucked around with this message at Dec 14, 2012 around 01:34

FAT WORM OF ERROR
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Way to go detectives you cracked the great PC or Console case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combatace
Feb 29, 2008

What is this "Error modifying session" poo poo that's been happening every time I try and find a game with a party? Dashboarding and coming back doesn't fix it, but playing on my own is fine.

«447 »