Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

AGirlWonder posted:

Brandon Lee's death was a total accident, though. The gun hadn't been cleaned out. This is different- those kids wouldn't have died if the filmmakers hadn't deliberately kept them late for filming.

I don't know, it's all equally terrible.

It shouldn't have been after Bruce Lee made Game of Death. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Near Savannah, GA, in the waters off of Tybee Island, there is a nuclear warhead somewhere in the silt. It's been searched for but never found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1958_Tybee_Island_mid-air_collision

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck5vyYLONB4

I saw this on liveleak, and am glad it's now on youtube for embedding.

Also, the only time I've been okay with vertical video.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Someone mentioned this in another thread, and I just had to go look for myself. It's about the Moscow Apt Bombings of 1999. A time when I was blissfully unaware about most foreign news beyond sports, (I was 11).

Having boned up on this, though, it's amazing how much it unnerves me. There are so many little details and things that happened or happened since that just creep me out.

Like:

A failed bombing being called a "training exercise," praising the citizens and local authorities for their pursuit of the bombers.

Putin, then head of the FSB, basically rising to power overnight to great support while basically commanding a bombing campaign against people who might not have had much to do with these particular bombings.

This: :stare:

quote:

A military storage with RDX disguised as "sugar"[edit]
In March 2000, the Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta reported the account of Private Alexei Pinyaev of the 137th Regiment who guarded a military facility near the city of Ryazan. He was surprised to see that "a storehouse with weapons and ammunition" contained sacks with the word "sugar" on them. The two paratroopers cut a hole in one of the bags and made tea with the sugar taken from the bag. But the taste of the tea was terrible. They became suspicious since people were talking about the explosions. The substance turned out to be hexogen. After the newspaper report, FSB officers "descended on Pinyaev's unit", accused them of "divulging a state secret", and told them "You guys can't even imagine what serious business you've got yourselves tangled up in." The regiment later sued Novaya Gazeta for insulting the honor of the Russian Army, since there was no Private Alexei Pinyaev in the regiment, according to their statement.[67] At an FSB press conference Private Pinyaev stated that there was no hexogen in the 137th Airborne Regiment and that he was hospitalized in December 1999 and no longer visited the range.[64]

This is Hexogen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzwET1YnC68&t=21s

And one general/politician/authority figure (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Litvinenko) who opposed this supposed government action being mysteriously killed via radioactive assassination.

Frankly, the entire article is riveting and well worth reading if you have not read on this topic before.

Blimpkin has a new favorite as of 14:59 on Jul 13, 2013

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Has there been any development with the Tylenol killer? That was really interesting.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

utada posted:

:psyduck: Why do you have so many gang tags?

If you play video games with mods, occasionally they may do things to your account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Terminal Entropy posted:

There was a copycat where a wife wanted her husband dead and the nice life insurance check that would follow it. But because killing just her spouse would be too suspicious, she put poisoned pills on store shelves leading to at least one death.

Those are two different cases. I apologize for not saying the Chicago Tylenol murders. and the following possible goon connection.

quote:

The Chicago Tylenol murders occurred when seven people died after taking pain-relief medicine capsules that had been poisoned. The poisonings, code-named TYMURS by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, took place in September and early October 1982, in the Chicago area of the United States.
These poisonings involved Extra-Strength Tylenol capsules, manufactured by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, which had been laced with potassium cyanide.[1] The incidents led to reforms in the packaging of over-the-counter substances and to federal anti-tampering laws. The case remains unsolved and no suspects have been charged. A $100,000 reward, offered by Johnson & Johnson, McNeil's parent company, for the capture and conviction of the "Tylenol Killer", has never been claimed.

Noisycat posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Tylenol_murders

I was 7 when this happened. It is scary and horrible on its own, but on a personal level it always haunted me because my sister and I were raised to believe my grandfather was the perpetrator.

I don't remember the details but apparently he worked somewhere that had access to cyanide, had some sort of paranoid issue with McNeil Healthcare or had worked for them (he was bipolar/delusional*), and came home one day and warned my mother not to buy Tylenol from anywhere and not to give my sister or I Tylenol that she didn't buy before that day. This was right before people started dying.

*he was German-born, but my grandmother, aunt, mother, sister and I were not allowed to learn German at school under any circumstances because he spoke in German on the phone and told my mother it was secret CIA/government information that he didn't want us to listen in on.

My mother was another shade of crazy so I never really knew whether it was really true or not, but growing up it was an accepted fact. :(

Noisycat posted:

You know, my best friend from childhood's father is/was FBI, and of course worked in Chicago for years. We're still very good friends; I think I will get in touch with him and see what he thinks, he'll at least know who I can contact in Chicago. I will probably end up feeling dumb, but I guess who knows, right?

Noisycat posted:

Hey guys, just a small update on the "my grandfather is the Tylenol Poisoner" thing. I contacted my childhood friend and laid out the whole story for her, it actually made sense to her (?!) and she is going to sit down with her dad once he is out of some minor surgery. He will be able to point me in the right direction, since he's an FBI agent and worked in the Chicago suburbs for decades.

Also I was reading the wiki on it and it mentioned the first victim was from Elk Grove. That's where my grandfather lived (though none of the places are that far from Elk Grove; Chicago suburbs are all kinda smooshed together).

:ohdear:

• Locked thread