Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Crow Jane posted:

In college, I took a History of Native America class. It was an absolutely fascinating semester, and the professor really knew his poo poo, but oh holy god was that a horrible, disturbing and depressing three hours a week. It became a kind of tradition that some of us in the class would stop at the pub afterwards, just to be able to process what we'd learned that day.

If you're looking for a book on the topic that will seriously get your blood boiling, we read this in class.

My grandfather is a Canadian residential school survivor. He was not permitted to obtain a high school diploma because, ya know, he is an Indian. This prevented him from becoming a pilot in the Forces. After everything he wanted to serve his country.

My grandmother has a Gr. 4 education, which she obtained during summer in a church basement. School finished by September because the native kids did not attend regular school with white kids.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread