Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
http://www.washington.edu/news/2014/11/05/uw-study-shows-direct-brain-interface-between-humans/

One step closer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm gonna cut you in half with my dickphallic imagery

It is still fashionable today to mock the Freudian notion of phallus by ironically discerning everywhere "phallic symbols" - for example, when a story mentions a strong, forward-thrusting movement, this is supposed to stand for "phallic penetration"; or, when the building is a high tower, it is obviously "phallic," etc. One cannot but notice how those who make such comments never fully identify with them - they either impute such a belief into "phallic symbols everywhere" to some mythical orthodox Freudian, or they themselves endorse the phallic meaning, but as something to be criticized, to be overcome. The irony of the situation is that the naïve orthodox Freudian who sees "phallic symbols everywhere" does not exist, that he is a fiction of the critic himself, his "subject supposed to believe." The only believer in the phallic symbols is in both cases the critic himself, who believes through the other, i.e., who "projects" (or, rather, transposes) his belief onto the fictive other.

-Slavoj Zizek, With Or Without Passion

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
http://screenrant.com/pacific-rim-2-guillermo-del-toro-setting-returning-characters/

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

BRING BACK CHUCK

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

More Charlie is not a bad thing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Having Hannibal Chau and the two Scientists as only returning characters and having everyone else be new for a new story and different direction is good thing. Maybe throw Herc Hanson into that returning character thing and that's it. New hero leads.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would accept Herc as a replacement Stacker

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just want to say that I saw this movie the other night, as it was a $4 Amazon bluray deal. Greatest use of $4 in a while (and also an amazing disk to show off my A/V setup, holy hell). This film is a pretty good sleeper hit, if you go in knowing it's going to be cheesy.

So now I'm glad if these rumors of a sequel are true, right as I stumbled across this thread. I'll have to watch the sequel in theaters to make up for not seeing the first there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If it's anything like the first one, make sure to see the second in IMAX. Try to be on or near one of the in-ground subwoofers with bowel-loosening sound, too. That way the ground literally shakes with every step they take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

If it's anything like the first one, make sure to see the second in IMAX. Try to be on or near one of the in-ground subwoofers with bowel-loosening sound, too. That way the ground literally shakes with every step they take.

Hopefully by then there will be more 4DX-enabled cinema screens around.

I just rewatched Pacfic Rim at such a place and I can't recommend it enough. Just the movement and vibration of the seats massively improved immersion. Sticking water, wind, light and smoke effects had their place too.

• Locked thread