Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

maduin posted:

The worst part about the new 1Password app is that it requires my master password when iOS kills it in the background. The old version used the 4-digit pin you could set if you wanted it to, but the new one always reverts back to requiring the entire password.

The 1password 4 solution is less than great, but I do like their end goal of getting the master password out of the iOS keychain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

bobdigi posted:

I've setup 1password to sync with Dropbox but it only shows a red exclamation. iCloud sync works perfectly though. Anyone else with that issue?

I had this problem, but it was resolved when I pressed the "sync again" button in settings.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Pissingintowind posted:

The newest update made this poo poo. Now we have to pay for anything remotely useful, and the times have been much further off than they previously were (SF Bay Area). Also, it fucks up when you minimize it and open it back up by searching for nearby stops even if you already have a set of directions open. Hopefully with Google Maps now out, Google will take the final steps (Address Book integration and NextBus transit times) to make this redundant.

Just another vote to use HopStop if it's in your area. A brilliant, free app.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Jack Gladney posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good book database? I own a lot of books, and ideally I'd want something that can scan the UPC or ISBN (especially ISBNs) with the iphone camera and build a relatively detailed database that I could export to excel or a word processing program.

Not sure if it is what you're looking for, but Springpad has a great media management interface.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

PaganGoatPants posted:

I am looking for an app that will show me kickoff time for soccer games of teams I choose or just all of them in certain leagues I pick. I just need something to know what games are going to happen. There must be a good solution. :argh:

Have you tried Yahoo's Sportacular?

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Eight Is Legend posted:

Is there an app that can monitor websites for you (say, like if you're waiting for a pre-order deal to open) and then sends you a push message when it notices a change?

I don't know if it's what you are looking for, but I've used the Page Monitor Extension for Chrome to do this: http://code.google.com/p/pagemon-chrome-ext/

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

I want a free, simple but magical app that will tally up every time I do something on a daily basis, and display the results.

So I want to know how many times I do this thing on each date.

Any thoughts?

Tally, maybe?: http://agiletortoise.com/tally

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Rick posted:

I'm looking for an app that puts something interesting on an ipad for me to look at in the corner of my eye while working.

I use http://www.livingearthapp.com/ for exactly this purpose.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Project1 posted:

So I've posted before about migrating from Android, and I'd say I'm over 90% of the "Android is so much better" annoyances. One thing that is still driving me crazy is the fact that I was using Swiftkey previously, which is not possible to use on iOS. Before it would have taken me 15-30 seconds to write this post with the predictions on Swiftkey. This has taken 2-3 minutes since I have to tap out entire words. While I'm sure others can type faster than me, my point is that it's still a slow way to write a message. Any recommendations?

I had a Motorola Droid in 2009 and switched to an iPhone in 2010. After three years I feel pretty confident saying that I'm much slower with an iPhone keyboard than I was with Swiftkey/Swype. It's one of the only Android things I miss.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Lexicon posted:

switch to Authy.

Wow, this looks fantastic. Thanks for the heads up.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Magic Mango posted:

Evernote: why must their announcements take up so much room?.

This is a less-than-ideal solution, but if you click on announcements and click through each story, it will mark them as read. Then, when they are all read, the announcements section will disappear.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Axiem posted:

Looks like all you people who hate every podcast app so far have something to look forward to: https://overcast.fm/

I realize Marco has a built-in audience, but the podcast market seems like a crowded and foolish place to put energy.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

PRADA SLUT posted:

Recipe manager App? Just something that I can sort "my" recipes with, not a generic recipe app like How To Cook Everything.

I like Evernote Food

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

obi_ant posted:

Does anyone have a free / cheap alternative to the Episodes? I like the format and layout of Episodes but a few of my shows aren't updating, even though the shows have already aired. Also, it seems that Episodes is unable to pull up my list anymore.

They said they're having server issues. Give it a day or two and all will be fine.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

nwin posted:

Looking for a way to record my voicemails on my computer. From googling, it seems I can't just download them from the phone.

Any apps/methods someone can suggest?

Try iexplorer.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Tenterhooks posted:

I'm looking for a good restaurant (or places in general) bookmarking app.

I do this with Evernote Food: http://evernote.com/food/

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

PFlats posted:

Strongly considering buying Omnifocus after playing with it in the apple store. Any buyers remorse stories before I do? (Normally I don't care, but $20 is real money.)

I was a long time user that recently backed out of the Omnifocus ecosystem. Omni is aggressive with their price points, and you're going to pay another $20 if you want the ipad app, $50ish for the desktop app, and $20 for the next major upgrade of the iOS app. It starts to get expansive for a to-do list. After leaving Omnifocus, I found that I could go with a system that is much simpler.

There are plenty of high profile bloggers who praise Omnifocus. But unless you have a crazy set of projects and needs (and in that case you'd likely be better served with Asana), Wunderlist or Clear or Taskpaper or Reminders works just as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Is there a photo app that will automatically backup the pictures I receive via iMessage? I once used Everpix for this, and it was awesome, but they went out of business. Looking for a replacement.

• Locked thread