Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
I've just cheked the OP and didn't read anything about good lists apps, can anybody recommend me good ones please? I don't really need it to be extremely complex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
I just read the wikipedia article about IFTTT but I still don't understand the whole thing, can anyone please explain what is?

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
I love you guys, thanks a lot for bothering explaining that to me :*

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.

Chuck Bartowski posted:

I use Reeder for iPhone and Mr Reader for iPad, a tad costly but a great setup.

Yeah, I used to use that combo (imho the best) until I checked Flipboard and haven't used RSS since then.

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.

Kingnothing posted:

Recall looks cool for multiple media, but the IMDB app using IMDB watchlists works really great.

Also, while this isn't really an IOS app, I'd say this is the best thread to place this in. It doesn't require jailbreak and it's awesome. You can put whatever custom images you want in there.

http://lifehacker.com/5972199/carriereditor-customizes-your-iphones-carrier-logo-no-jailbreak-required

Never though of arranging the icons like that. Looks awesome!

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
I have an honest question which should be posted in a thread that include the ipad + iPhone + apps or something.

So the question is: What makes Apple (or anyone) think and say that iOS 6 is the most advanced mobile operative sistem?

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.

HATE TROLL TIM posted:

YOSPOS most likely has the best answer to this question. You should make a thread there. :)

Posted, thank you for the advice man, owe you a beer!

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
What is the current best app to stream video (mkv, avi, etc) from an external computer with an hd to the iPad? Right now I'm using AirVideo because Plex refuses to work due to an unknown problem.

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.

bazaar apparatus posted:

I may be incorrect but I always figured AirVideo was considered the best. Is there anything wrong with your current setup?

Actually not, but I was asking in case I was skipping something.

Thanks!

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
Which app is the best to track the stuff you do with a mountain bike?

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.

herculesrockefeller posted:

I've heard good things about strava

After doing some research I ended up installing it and it looks quite well. I'm going to give it a try (and thanks for the suggestion though).

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
Currently in Gmail I can send emails from 4 accounts and I've just installed the Mailbox app but it doesn't let me to select on the 'from' field any of the others I have configured in Gmail.

Is there any setting im missing or is it just impossible at this stage?

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.

PaganGoatPants posted:

http://codehookup.com/index.html

Bam, problem solved.

Anyway what's a good app that can stream video from my NAS to my phone?

Air Video or Plex would be my recommendation.

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
Is there a way in twiterific to go straight to the first tweet instead of scrolling up when loading the new tweets?

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
Any suggestions for an alarm app? I don't need it to check my sleep cicles, I just one it to don't sound like a parade when waking up (if it has fade-in that would be awesome).

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.

withak posted:

I like Alarm Clock Pro. It can wake you with built-in alarm sounds or playlists and can do fade ins.

edit: Note that non-Apple, non-jailbroken alarm clock apps have to actually be running in the foreground for the alarms to work. If they aren't running then all you get for an alarm is a single notification ping (assuming the app supports that) similar to an email or text message.

Does that drain the battery a lot?

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
I am tinkering with my new raspberry pi and I was wondering if anyone got to use it as a video streamer from the pi to an ipad. I need it to be able to reproduce most common video formats. Anyone?

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
I'm not sure if it is me but the new calendar app from the guys over Any.do is kind of a POS. In full month view you don't see all the appointments or other calendars marked, you actually have to go day after day to see if you have something in other calendar that isn't the main one.

I'm sticking with fantastical right now, but I would have prefered to see everything in full month view instead of geolocating where I am going which I think it is the point of a calendar.

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
I use Dashlane as my password manager (migrated from LastPass), and even tough they don't have a specific iPad app I find it being really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.

duckfarts posted:

I like WhatsApp more than Line, but Line is doing a lot better in terms of expanding its functionality, like for something as simple as letting me send say, 10 pics at a time instead of individually. Also, Line has a desktop client.

The multipic thingie has been added today to Whatsapp, but still no desktop client.

• Locked thread