Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COOKIE DELIGHT
Jun 24, 2006
I guess you could say..I was born naturally influent.
Very cool to see you had such positive results. Had seen references to that program but had brushed past it, thanks for posting.

Currently a total rookie, started bouldering February 1st, climbing v4s and the occasional v5 slab (soft setting, probably v3s elsewhere). I could stand to lose 30lbs so crimps and small holds have been really hard, though I mostly used open hand stuff and only just started full crimping out of necessity for harder climbs.

I think I'd like to give this a go but will likely ease into it. I had my first go at the kilter board yesterday at 15 degrees. The increased difficulty made me realize my body positioning and hand strength could use some very obvious improvement.

e: Hooper's analysis of why it worked was interesting. Still feels like a good way for me to reduce finger soreness and dip my toes into hangboarding without having to climb less.

COOKIE DELIGHT fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COOKIE DELIGHT
Jun 24, 2006
I guess you could say..I was born naturally influent.

Sab669 posted:

The only pain I get [in my feet] is in the bone/joint for my big toe :(

Just curious if you have any running theories for what's causing the pain?

I have the same thing on my right big toe. Feels stiff at the joint and hurts a bit to curl it. I just noticed that it is crooked and pointing towards my second toe.

Has me wondering if toe spacers and a ton of stretching is the answer, or if maybe I jammed the poo poo out of it months ago and never noticed.