Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skylineboy08
Nov 12, 2010
This is an excellent rebuild thread, nice job Adiabatic. I've always wanted to see a detailed rebuild of an F20C. I have a question though. Why would you go from an s2000 to an E30? Is it just something you want to do or do you have a specific plan in mind for an E30 BMW that you can't accomplish with an s2000?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylineboy08
Nov 12, 2010

Adiabatic posted:

Thanks skyline!

It's a bunch of things...

I bought the S2000 with autocross and track days and all that in mind. I found out I don't like racing cars nearly as much as I like building and repairing them. The S2000 never breaks down (unless you don't check the oil, obviously).

Beater cars and non-pristine cars are a lot less stress than something you have to constantly check for dings and park way out in the middle of nowhere. The monetary value and the value I put on a car are way different. I like AI because they seem to have this same mentality.

I also can never decide what I want, and so I'm going to rent a garage/lot and buy some cheap stuff, see what I like, sell the rest off. Maybe make some extra cash if I get lucky. Thoughts currently keep cycling through a swapped E30, a Triumph GT6/Spitfire or something small and horribly british, a motorcycle I can learn on like a Honda Nighthwk, and a deuce-and-a-half.

It's more the journey than the result, currently.

That's very interesting. If you like beaters an old Trimuph should be right up your alley.

skylineboy08
Nov 12, 2010
It's awesome that you got it running! Thank goodness it was just a ground wire.

skylineboy08
Nov 12, 2010
Hey, I just bolted that poo poo in.

skylineboy08
Nov 12, 2010

Adiabatic posted:

Hey time to move on douchebag. Engine works but you're totally right I'm in over my head when a defective clutch breaks :allears:

Backseat mechanic here. Your clutch springs look defective. You should probably sell this car that you've ruined due to faulty manufacturing. Nevermind the 2 motor removal/reinstalltions and a rebuild in there. Granted you did try to put oversized rod bearings in a honda. :v: Those drat japs will bamboozle you with precision every time.

skylineboy08 fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 5, 2013

skylineboy08
Nov 12, 2010
You need my code scanner? :v:

skylineboy08
Nov 12, 2010
Rip sweet s2000. I guess you won't be needing that code scanner. Time for a Super Happy Fun S2000 Rebuild Time Go! memorial drinking event.

skylineboy08
Nov 12, 2010

Adiabatic posted:

Also looking around for a cheap beater to get me around. I'd love an E30 again.

I also found this: http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/4173326823.html

:swoon:

Buy this and then buy mine so you can continue the life long commitment to making 1 Volvo out of two. My wagon needs a new home and used, even if it's for parts and 40 runs.

skylineboy08
Nov 12, 2010

mafoose posted:

This is the saddest thing ever. I was hoping to see that he was going to turbo it or something from the influx of posts...

DO IT!!!
It runs k-jet, so 1st thing is to put EFI on it.

2nd thing is to drop a turbo F22C into it with the 6 speed.

OK GO!

It has EFI I promise :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylineboy08
Nov 12, 2010
FYI: 1989 BMW 735il Mundane Maintenance thread incoming

• Locked thread