Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I wish I could afford an S2k :smith:

I'll just have to drive a Miata for now :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What about Sunbeam Tigers? I've always wanted one after seeing a mint example in the flesh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunbeam_Tiger

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just out of curiosity I checked craigslist for Sunbeams:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/3504769973.html

Needs a restoration but looks good. I have no idea if that's a fair price however.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Good luck with the rebuild dude, but I gotta say there's no way I'd buy an S2000 with a DIY rebuild. You should just keep it and drive the drat thing, all those old cars you're looking at are going to drive like utter poo poo in comparison.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The loudest thing I've ever heard was Ted Nugent opening for Kiss :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah, don't get rid of a very capable sports car just because you got a motorcycle. Apples and oranges.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hmmmm, tough choice. Civic or S2k?

It's a no brainer dude.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Galler posted:

I've got a rather quick bike (BMW K1200RS) and as fun as it is to be able to hit triple digit speeds in an instant I would still very much like a fun car as well. There are plenty of times where the weather isn't right or I just don't feel like putting on all my gear or whatever.

A roadster is actually a great compromise to a bike. Great handling convertible, and although the acceleration doesn't come close, it's the closest thing to a bike on four wheels imo. Since I've stopped riding I've been through four miatas :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

and a 38k mile motor is a pretty good selling point with 95k on the chassis.

Not to be a downer, but not really. Especially when a potential buyer asks who replaced the motor. You can be a completely competent backyard mechanic but most people are going to pass on it for the simple fact they can find another S2k that has an original motor installed by the factory.

If you're confident with your install of the new motor I wouldn't say poo poo because it wont help you sell it imo.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

Stop being a holier-than-thou armchair mechanic and making GBS threads up my thread. I update this for my enjoyment and for added content for AI, not so I can have 4 more father figures.

Either help me diagnose the vibration or shut the gently caress up and goonsay somewhere else.

You must be a glutton for punishment if you get enjoyment out of this poo poo :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

I have always identified as an automotive masochist.

I always try to tell myself "I'm having fun, this is great", until the cocksuckers and motherfuckers start rolling out and the neighbors take their kids inside and close the windows :smith:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Apparently they don't like angry outbursts that sounds like someone with tourette syndrome on crack.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

No, he would be labeled under AI Village Idiot of the Decade.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Haha, we should have an AI Awards Thread at the end of the year, winners get an appropriate custom title or some sort of lovely prize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

bolind posted:

But you gotte be smart about it and figure in storage, shipping, packing materials, deadbeats and tire kickers, eBay fees, time spent dismantling etc. etc. I don't blame you.

Yeah gently caress that, not worth $2500 or the aggravation.

• Locked thread