Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.
Speaking of my experience with the 420a in an Eclipse, the VSS and coil pack wiring harness will interchange and cause no spark leading to much head scratching after pulling a motor. I would check that you don't have a similar issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.

Octopus Magic posted:

Clutch was on the car when I bought it. I would've never put such ghetto rear end garbage on any of my cars. On top of it all, I don't even know if I have a 7 bolt flywheel anywhere to put an ACT on.

I would find a nice OEM type clutch or buy an Exedy stock replacement. Nice products, reasonable prices and they make OEM clutches for some applications.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.
A sensible alternative for a guy who would rather have a car he can DD without worrying about what will break next.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.
Do you have any play in the u-joints in the driveshaft?

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Your car just caught fire.

I laughed way to hard at this.

OP, I hope you have no more major issues.

• Locked thread