Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I really digged the soundtrack to MMDongs. Some amazing and really, underrated NES tunage going on there.
gently caress Iceburn's stage though! Seriously I must have spend the longest time plowing trough that hellhole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Right in the OP of the game:
http://bd.baldurk.org/1905

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I love Startropics but it gets downright relentless near the end. The game also has some awful dick moves and we've already seen 1 of them. That first one almost ruined the game for me. By screwing me over in the very first dungeon I was always dreading jumping to the next screen, you never know when they trow another dead trap at you.

Still it has its charm and is well worth a playtrough. Glad to see this one in this thread.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Thanks for showing off the game.
Any chance we'll get a little bonus video showing off Brightman's weapon? It's one of my favorite things about this game. The entire stage was great and really creative with the crazy way Brightman keeps appearing.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Just wanted to point out that the game over theme of Metal Storm might be the saddest thing ever.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Gotta say, digging the Gremlins 2 music. It's a good fit for a weird game like Banana Nababa.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I remember me and a buddy taking turns just going 1 frequency at the time. I often rented games so 9 out of 10 times it didn't come with a manual or other stuff this was one of those cases. Though I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who had to discover the frequency that way.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Now that's fantastic! I was hoping this would happen after all those race videos.
I love Tintin but man these games are nearly unplayable.

Infogrames made a lot of weird hard games like this. They also made games about other European comics such as Asterix and Lucky Luke.
And yea, those games are also really hard for all the wrong reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I always thought that the stage 3 boss was both the most awesome and scariest thing ever. The short moment of silence after killing the 2 snatchers, then seeing those massive claws tear through the background. Scary poo poo man! Compare that to the stuff you've seen in Contra so far. It's just such a memorable set piece.

• Locked thread