Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I love that image banner. I guess Phiggle made it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Is there anything you could do about both yours and your co-commentator's audio? Because both sound kinda bad, like they were recorded with a terrible microphone and/or over a low quality Skype call.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Haha that game is awesome.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Wasn't Punch Donkey made up before Megamanatee? Whatever.

Also, I know, Capcom and all, but in what kind of bizarro world do we live that fan games and romhacks in a series are actually better than the official releases? I can't think of any other series that is that way!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I've been wondering, is the music in MMDongs custom or from somewhere else?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Dr. Notadoctor posted:

Also I am very upset that Punch Donkey doesn't make the horrible Wily saucer noise anymore. Very. Upset.

Yes, I noticed that too. You guys have to fix that for the final version!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

No, that's not what I mean. Compare:

http://bd.baldurk.org/1905
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhyGioVJqSw

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Not to mention that downloading it on Youtube gives you a version Youtube reencoded, while downloading it on BDash gives you the higher quality file Simon uploaded.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Nagna Zul posted:

Super Mario World romhack

Way to steal my gimmick!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

My personal favorite song in the game. Entire soundtrack is great, of course, but there's something about this one I just adore.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Yes, Contra Force also runs terribly on actual hardware.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

The Spark weapon is based on / a reference to the Fish + Electric power in Kirby's Dream Land 2, that's probably where the Manbow name comes from.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Also now I understand why this is a mambo.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Artix posted:

Ahaha holy poo poo that NES rendition of Mystic Quest's Final Boss theme. :allears:

So who said earlier that Minus Infinity didn't have good music? Because I totally disagree, lots of the NES chiptune renditions of more modern tracks are awesome.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

In case you don't notice, the game records what weapon you used to kill the robot masters the first time on those final robot master screens. That's why there was so much Ring Boomerang, haha!

The "There's More..." means a bonus mode unlocked by beating the game, but it's not in the current "0.01" version yet. Guess that's why it's not 1.0.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Yeah it's on the title screen, but try actually entering it.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Not stopping you, but you might not realize that this thread already has a Lost Levels playthrough.

Dectilon posted:

Capt. J. Linebeck - Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels
World 1
World 2
World 3
World 4
World 5
World 6
World 7
World 8
World 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

You clearly haven't even watched the other LP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6OaMuZGqdI

e: Apparently this isn't in the OP, I can see how you would miss this then. But still, Linebeck edited out nearly all the deaths in the whole run, so being deathless won't be very different.

Again, not stopping you, but you know, maybe you could do some other, not yet covered game instead.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 29, 2014

• Locked thread