Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Krad posted:

It sure looks better than SF X MM.

Pretty much this. Yeah it had bullshit spikes, but wow it's really loving good. Especially the boss. All I could think is, yeah I'm going to die alot but man this boss fight looks really loving fun.

A good video as usual Simon, I await more from you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Dr. Notadoctor posted:

Have you tried Mighty Jill Off at all? It's a remake/homage to Mighty Bomb Jack except instead of a superhero you play a submissive leather-wearing lesbian with a foot fetish who has been commanded by her mistress to get to the top of her tower. Yeah. It might be less of a bullshit simulator than Mighty Bomb Jack is.

Also I am very upset that Punch Donkey doesn't make the horrible Wily saucer noise anymore. Very. Upset.

The only things off the top of my head I can think of are the Brawl hacks that balance the game so it's fair. Also Counter Strike and Team Fortress were both originally mods so maybe those?

I was wondering what Mighty Jill Off was referencing to. It would explain her powers alot. Hell I think she's a secret character in Super Meat Boy.

Also Frost, never stop man. Goddamn Mighty Bomb Jack is like almost La Mulana levels solving type bullshit here. (except more bullshit) :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Simply Simon posted:

Wow, the level design of those last platforming stages is seriously lovely. Random platforms and holes and enemies and TIE fighters with no time to react to and all that on a straight line? Instant death traps which are just the exact same about 20 times? A vertical shaft with also completely random platforms and almost nothing else?
"Impressive" final level, at least.

And it isn't Capcom. :v: Granted this probably one of the very few SNES star war games which was actually enjoyable. Bullshit hard but it can be beaten. I've never beaten any of the Super Star War games so this is a nice treat.

Great job FreeziningInferno.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Discendo Vox posted:

I cannot wait for HideofBeast to release buster-only runs of the rest of RMI. I've seen youtube videos of the other levels, it's bonkers. The thread is in for a treat.

Did Violen said he was going to work more on RMI?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

zidane13 posted:

What was the SNES Batman game where you could choose gadgets and if I remember right, they had Street Fighter-esque button combos to use?

That would be Batman Forever that totally had sprites that looked like they were for Mortal Kombat.

It's a pretty bad game though. I never been able to beat the GB version of that game. It was goddamn hard to see poo poo.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
There is a reason for that. They were a short lived development company. Founded in 1994. Worked on Adventures of Batman and Robin in 1995. In 1996 they closed down. So yeah they don't have much history unfortunately.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

dijon du jour posted:

You know, during the Shinobi X wrongpurae when you said this boss "starts out as the Terminator then as you hit him he turns green and explodes into the Terminator" I thought you made a slip of the tongue.
But no, that's exactly what happens. :psyduck:
So, why the heck does he turn green? To maximize the copyright violations? Are you sure you didn't buy this game from a shady street vendor?

It depends, if you got the earlier versions of the game, it had copyright violations up the rear end. Honestly I guess Sega thought they could get away with it back then. I'm pretty sure companies threatening to sue the poo poo out of them made them change their minds quickly. The later versions of the game modified the appearance.

I was one of the lucky ones to actually have the early version. It's funny because back then I'm like I remember playing this game and fighting Terminator.. I must've been seeing things. In comes the internet and its' like nope wasn't dreaming that.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 17, 2013

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

JESUS. :stare: I thought the SNES Two face level was bad, but this take the cake. SNES is pedestrian compared to this level. SNES the Two face level was a timed based mission. It was a top down view of you driving the batmoblie and you had to get the next "act" in a certain amount of time. As you may guess, you have to be very precise. One screw up like slowing down on a turn too much or hitting a corner pretty much is huge guarentee you won't make it. At first it starts 65 seconds, and then the 2nd act is 55 seconds. I never beat it because how much I suck at top down view racing.

But this, my god that went on forever. Nice little touch that there were Blimps in this game considering the animated series had them as though.

Though not as high tech as what Two Face had.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

dis astranagant posted:

The Japanese version has a new level you get sent to when you die to the final boss. It's basically a bad romhack of Ecco 2 sprites but pretty short and easy. There's also checkpoints in Welcome To The Machine and the end of the level is a bit more polished (and a minute or so longer). I'm not sure if the Japanese version includes the Sega CD and Windows versions' use of barrier glyphs as checkpoints.

Would've made the level much more tolerable. Then again back then, America had a hard on for making every goddamn game harder than it's Japan counterpart. Guess they didn't learn when they took away the continues from Ninja Gaiden 3 and you took more damage.

I would shudder at the thought of playing this back then, trying to beat this. It would make any kid cry and just say SCREW this drat game.

I mean come on, you lose your regenerating health mechanic for the final boss. Shoot the eye and it basically spits out so many black balls that the best course of action would be shoot and swim away. I'm assuming you sticking to the walls was to counteract the boss from sucking you in right?

And then top it all off, the final boss has a one hit ko attack? Dick move. Not to mention, you die against the boss, you have to go through that auto scroll poo poo of a level again? Jesus I guess that theory of developers taking out their rage on gamers is true because holy hell that's just torturous game design.

I like how it's also a red screen and a silhouette of the dolphin. I was expecting like a seizure type flashing red screen (loving Link's Adventure)

But nevertheless, thanks for completing the game. I"m never touching this game. :v:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Venom.

Got wreck poo poo as the crazy symbiote bastard.

• Locked thread