Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
donges
Aug 4, 2012

I'd rather be vomiting and I despise vomiting. Blegh!

Simply Simon posted:

Iceburn Man Stuff

Huh - for some reason when I played Iceburn Man's stage I took the opposite paths (ice first, fire second) and didn't really have much trouble. I think (at least for the first part) it might be because I would intentionally get hit by the ice shooters in a way I knew wouldn't kill me, then rushed through that tough jump section while I was still invincible. As for the second fire part, I have no idea why I had no trouble with that - while watching your video, I felt like I probably should've died more! I probably just got lucky.

I do agree with your points, though - the discrepancy between the difficulty of the ice and fire shooters is really huge, and I think that the ice shooters should probably be toned down a little. Also, while I do agree about the instant kill attack in Iceburn Man's fight, I think he was kind of easy, and could maybe use another attack that ups the difficulty a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

donges
Aug 4, 2012

Okay, so I just beat Megaman Dongs. It was fun - once I got used to everything it actually ended up being very fair most of the time, which is pretty admirable, I think. My favorite robot master fight is probably Punch Donkey; for me, at least, it was harder than probably all of the others, save for maybe Megamanatee or Oyster Man.

Speaking of which, is Oyster Man's flash attack meant to be impossible to dodge? I never found a way to avoid it, which made his fight a lot harder.

donges
Aug 4, 2012

Heavy Sigh posted:

What the hell is up with Brightman's stage? The platforms disappear when you touch them until suddenly they don't.

It's...really not obvious what's going on there.

It took me a while to figure out too - you have to stand on the green one. Considering how far that part is from the checkpoint, it got frustrating for me.

donges
Aug 4, 2012

I used Hack Man's power a lot on Speedrun Man's stage - it was probably one of the best uses I found for it. It also made that difficult jump a breeze.

Also I'm not really sure if those spoiler tags are necessary so I decided to be cautious about it.

• Locked thread