Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charkie
Jan 28, 2004

I AM THE WORLD'S
GREATEST DETECTIVE

Silver Surfer is an NES shmup released back in 1990, and is notorious for its difficulty. Flying around with the goddamn semi-truck of a hitbox that is the Silver Surfer, one touch from anything will kill you and take away all of your powerups, options and bombs. Add to that tight corridors and enemy patterns designed to catch you off guard, and you've got a game that isn't afraid to make you hate it. And I just so happen to love it.

I'll be playing through Silver Surfer and trying to gives tips on how to approach levels (all of those tips are "don't die"). Joining me is Mr. Swoon, who may have actually read a comic book at some point and is way more qualified to talk about the characters than I am.

So, slather on your silver body paint and let's play Silver Surfer!

Charkie fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charkie
Jan 28, 2004

I AM THE WORLD'S
GREATEST DETECTIVE
Happy Halloween! It's time for a Silver Surfer update!

The audio quality should be better from here on out. We stopped using Callgraph and rerecorded everything in Audacity.

Charkie
Jan 28, 2004

I AM THE WORLD'S
GREATEST DETECTIVE
Wrestling sucks.

Episode 1 on Spiteland has been reuploaded and has better sound quality now. I'm not sure how; I think Mr. Swoon might be a wizard.

Charkie
Jan 28, 2004

I AM THE WORLD'S
GREATEST DETECTIVE

Dectilon posted:

So what is the device you're building? Is it Galactus' world-eater thingy? I'm assuming Galactus is the final boss, simply because it's a video game with Galactus in it.

It's never even remotely explained what the device is. You never find out what it does or what it was going to be used for. Galactus is just trying to get Silver Surfer out of the house or something.

Charkie
Jan 28, 2004

I AM THE WORLD'S
GREATEST DETECTIVE
Update!

This is pretty much the most pathetic level in the game. I was under the assumption that Reptyl had the easiest level, but nope!

Charkie
Jan 28, 2004

I AM THE WORLD'S
GREATEST DETECTIVE

Dectilon posted:

Also, maybe I missed it but, does your option protect you from bullets? It looked like one was absorbed at one point but maybe it was just a really close call.

Not as far as I can tell. Besides, that would be too nice of Silver Surfer.

Charkie
Jan 28, 2004

I AM THE WORLD'S
GREATEST DETECTIVE
It's time to go to Hell. A very silly hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charkie
Jan 28, 2004

I AM THE WORLD'S
GREATEST DETECTIVE
The levels in Silver Surfer are finally starting to get interesting...

...and that's the last level! Thanks for watching!

• Locked thread