Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Now that you don't have to post on behalf of the 'zon, your actual posting career can begin. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
AmazonTony I look forward to your shitposts and gassed threads.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You better train your replacement in all the goon ways, Tony. (I expect him to be banned in a week.)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thank you for the years of service, Amazon Tony...which will you keep that name even after you leave Amazon?

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Change the 'o' to an 'i'. In Amazon, of course, not in Tony, I am not implying anything of that sort.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Hogo Fogo posted:

Change the 'o' to an 'i'. In Amazon, of course, not in Tony, I am not implying anything of that sort.

I don't know. AmazonTiny could be a real force around here.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Rirse posted:

Thank you for the years of service, Amazon Tony...which will you keep that name even after you leave Amazon?

Thanks man, I am gonna keep the name. I am still at Amazon, just a different group.

I could change it to "AmazonPhony" if you guys think it is more appropriate.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
A sad day for us Amazon loving goons :smith:

Make your replacement reg here and be AmazonJosh although he'll never be an AmazonTony.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

AmazonTony posted:

Thanks man, I am gonna keep the name. I am still at Amazon, just a different group.

I could change it to "AmazonPhony" if you guys think it is more appropriate.

Keep it tony, and please tell us when ever you start a thread on Amazon Coins/new stuff even if it's not on SA. There are several iOS/Android/WP developers here and most of us are watching Amazon to see if they can become a significant source of revenue.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

We need a proper send-off. Tony, have a 90% off sale for Dark Souls 2 and South Park.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

jabro posted:

We need a proper send-off. Tony, have a 90% off sale for Dark Souls 2 and South Park.

Maybe not 90% but yes. Give me a discount on Southpark. For 2 hours only.

nobody else has to know. :ssh:

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"
Best of luck, Tony, nice to hear you didn't die eating that gummy bear after all.

vvv You're probably right about that vvv

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Mar 14, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Downs Duck posted:

Best of luck, Tony, nice to hear you didn't die eating that gummy bear after all.

Management heard about it and decided the inevitable insurance and medical coverage costs were high enough that the only way to get Tony to stop doing that weird poo poo was to promote him.

AmazonTony, you know what this means? Build a backyard wrestling ring and become known as the Amazon guy who wrestles. After you break a leg or two they'll have to promote you again, out of the public eyes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Drifter posted:

Management heard about it and decided the inevitable insurance and medical coverage costs were high enough that the only way to get Tony to stop doing that weird poo poo was to promote him.

AmazonTony, you know what this means? Build a backyard wrestling ring and become known as the Amazon guy who wrestles. After you break a leg or two they'll have to promote you again, out of the public eyes.

"New CEO of Amazon reportedly selected after he threatened to jump off his home's roof into a pool filled with hot sauce."

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

AmazonTony, can you comment on the pictures of a cool Amazon branded controller going around? I'm curious if it's for PC, an Amazon game streaming box, or an Android console of some kind, or just some kind of hoax. I doubt you can talk about it that far if at all, just curious.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Heran Bago posted:

AmazonTony, can you comment on the pictures of a cool Amazon branded controller going around? I'm curious if it's for PC, an Amazon game streaming box, or an Android console of some kind, or just some kind of hoax. I doubt you can talk about it that far if at all, just curious.

This looks... really uncomfortable to hold.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Heran Bago posted:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/28/amazon-set-top-games-console-rumor/
Amazon won't comment apparently, but Engadget reports an Android top-set box.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Those are Android buttons on it, so yeah, Android. Hopefully it is a generic controller and not something like the MOGA controller which requires games to specifically add support for it.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

Heran Bago posted:

I think this looks pretty good (especially what looks like a good dpad).

Tony if you can give any feedback to the developers, please ask them to add an ir blaster and the ability to program a couple simple things. I hate requiring two remotes to play games (one to play, and one to turn the volume up and down). If I could just change inputs and control the volume on my receiver I could see using this as my permanent controller.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Nalin posted:

Those are Android buttons on it, so yeah, Android. Hopefully it is a generic controller and not something like the MOGA controller which requires games to specifically add support for it.
Android doesn't have a controller standard though. Games can support wired 360 controllers since Android can now recognize them, or they can support any of the billions of bluetooth controllers, but there's no specific standard bluetooth controller to support.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Cardboard Box A posted:

Android doesn't have a controller standard though. Games can support wired 360 controllers since Android can now recognize them, or they can support any of the billions of bluetooth controllers, but there's no specific standard bluetooth controller to support.
I was under the impression that things like the PS3 controller are mapped to the normal Linux /dev/input/jsX devices. If I am wrong about that and Android doesn't have that, whoops.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Nalin posted:

I was under the impression that things like the PS3 controller are mapped to the normal Linux /dev/input/jsX devices. If I am wrong about that and Android doesn't have that, whoops.

Nah, wrong.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Cardboard Box A posted:

I think he just called Android because of the android Back, Home, and Menu bottons at the top.

Forcyte
Nov 22, 2013
Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition for $0.99. Needs an Origin account though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H2VOELQ/

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
Also uses gamespy for matchmaking so the multiplayer portion of it will be unusable shortly (according to reddit)

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is there any chance we could get our Dark Souls II key before the 25th? It won't be unlocked for play until the specified date either way, and I'd like to have the opportunity to preload it.

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

I had a dream that the new rep appeared but I guess it didn't happen and we're back to being second tier.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003
AmazonTony, are you still watching the thread? If so is there anything to help Kindle Fire TV developers? I'm looking at making a Kindle Fire TV exclusive game and am wondering if I could get any more assistance besides Developer Select if the title is good enough.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Stick100 posted:

AmazonTony, are you still watching the thread? If so is there anything to help Kindle Fire TV developers? I'm looking at making a Kindle Fire TV exclusive game and am wondering if I could get any more assistance besides Developer Select if the title is good enough.

Tony's gone, man. He's gone.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Drunk Tomato posted:

Tony's gone, man. He's gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G39NbYl2-PM

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
RIP Amazon deals thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b3mftcV0dY

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

AmazonTony posted:

I'll actually probably be around SA more now that I'm not selling video games anymore, hopefully you all still enjoy my posting.

:smith:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Amazon Tony lied. Deals died.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
Just email him directly.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

AmazonTony posted:

Lol that was a ton of fun :).

Also, sorry for breaking up with you via CAG! I knew you guys would see it before I posted here. I was trying to write something more Goonish for my farewell post here and ended up not getting it done yesterday. I'm really sorry.

That being said, here's what I WOULD have said to inform you guys of my departure:

SomethingAwful is the latest community I've added to the group of people we interact with. I wish I would have had more time to be around more often than I was but you guys had a huge impact on several large scale projects I was involved in. You also made the transition document I wrote as "we need to keep our presence here active and expand quite a bit on what I've been doing here".

Specifically, I met a number of the developers and organizations that were super important to our Indie Store Launch here, and you guys have been phenomenal in terms of getting the word out across the internet about our deals.

I'll actually probably be around SA more now that I'm not selling video games anymore, hopefully you all still enjoy my posting.

Thanks again Goons, hanging out on SA has been one of the most enjoyable experiences of my career.

What the hell...Noooooooo! Are we seriously getting no more Tony Sales? Amazon has been my go to digital shop every videogame sale and I was looking forward to this season's Tony Deals.

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

The deals still exist just no more posting because whoever took over for him is clearly a small fraction as good at maintaining presence in multiple locations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Not_Log posted:

The deals still exist just no more posting because whoever took over for him is clearly a small fraction as good at maintaining presence in multiple locations.

gently caress u amazon josh

• Locked thread