Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ref
Jun 21, 2003

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game.

Grabbed this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Got 12, thanks

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

A shrubbery! posted:

Anybody know if I can buy, for example, the THQ Medley, install the games I want then keep the rest to gift/sell when the Steam Market comes out of beta?
Registering a key always goes to your inventory. If you want to gift something via trading/etc you probably need to buy it as a gift from steam and put it in your inventory, as far I know.

Sinfjotli
Dec 22, 2003

Lemon Curry?
Claimed 37, thanks!

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

AmazonTony posted:

Here's the 50 codes for the Starcraft 2 Beta:
#13 taken.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I took 17. Thanks

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope

I got #9, thank you!

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

AmazonTony posted:

Hey there,

Quote to reveal code, let me know what number you take and I'll remove from the list.

I took 8. I think!

Downtown Abey
Feb 14, 2002
Claimed code 30. Thanks!

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Grabbed code #11, thank you!

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
Forgive my ignorance, but say I buy Shogun 2 collection and it activates on steam, does that mean it will show up in my Steam library, or will i always have to go through Amazon to redownload?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Incarnate Dao posted:

Forgive my ignorance, but say I buy Shogun 2 collection and it activates on steam, does that mean it will show up in my Steam library, or will i always have to go through Amazon to redownload?

It will be in your Steam library. If you have a Steamworks game and put the key into Steam, it's as though you bought it on Steam itself. This also works with a scant few other games that have retail keys that activate on Steam independently of how they work normally, for instance Dark Messiah.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Incarnate Dao posted:

It'll show up in your Steam Library. NOTE on the Sega Total War Collections:

If our bundles list out games by line item with links to the individual detail page on Amazon then you will get an individual code or download per game.

In the case of the Sega Total War Collections, you will only get one key that activates all those games, if you own some already I think Steam treats it like they normally do and you don't get extras.

Again, this is only the case with the total war collections.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

AmazonTony posted:

Hey there,

-
Quote to reveal code, let me know what number you take and I'll remove from the list.

I got #6, thanks Tony!

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

It will be in your Steam library. If you have a Steamworks game and put the key into Steam, it's as though you bought it on Steam itself. This also works with a scant few other games that have retail keys that activate on Steam independently of how they work normally, for instance Dark Messiah.

It isn't a scant few. Pretty much everything we carry from 2K, Rockstar, and Paradox has Steam and NonSteam versions. We're working on rolling this out across more publishers too.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Got #24. Thanks!

Link43130
Apr 13, 2009
Claimed #15. Thanks!

Deep Space Hitler
Apr 21, 2011

Took 41, thanks tony!!!

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

AmazonTony posted:

It'll show up in your Steam Library. NOTE on the Sega Total War Collections:

If our bundles list out games by line item with links to the individual detail page on Amazon then you will get an individual code or download per game.

In the case of the Sega Total War Collections, you will only get one key that activates all those games, if you own some already I think Steam treats it like they normally do and you don't get extras.

Again, this is only the case with the total war collections.

Thanks for clearing that up, I appreciate it!

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Glad to see you on SA! Been following the CAG thread for a while.

OniKun
Jul 23, 2003

Cheap Mexican Labor since the late 80's
It looks like they are all out, for those still trying.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I didn't get a key but thank you for the thought Tony.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

e: Nevermind.

Tyrsell
Nov 5, 2008
Are these deals US only? I can never figure out what I can and what I cannot buy from amazon.com here in Canada.

Deus Rex Machina
Aug 19, 2011

I wish in the past I had tried more things 'cause now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea
Thanks for stopping by, Tony!

Can you tell us if the 2012 Editor's Choice Games list is complete or if we can expect more to get added?

It seems like last January the list was longer. Any comment on how the success of last year's $5 off promo influenced things this year?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Deus Rex Machina posted:

Thanks for stopping by, Tony!

Can you tell us if the 2012 Editor's Choice Games list is complete or if we can expect more to get added?

It seems like last January the list was longer. Any comment on how the success of last year's $5 off promo influenced things this year?

I'm curious if they do like last year where certain games would go on sale for a certain amount and others not. I lost about 10 dollars in credit cause I was waiting for certain ones to get a nice discount but never did.

Of course, that's also kind of my fault since I was waiting for them to go to like 5 or 7 dollars so I could them for free or so.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Are there going to be any more short and crazy sales like with Shogun 2 going for $2.50?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Holy poo poo this is amazing :catstare:

You are amazing.

Numb Three Ers
Jul 7, 2007
What do you mean it's pronouced "numbers"?
Any idea when these deals will be available outside the US? I'm Canadian and would love to buy some of these deals.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

AmazonTony posted:

I've reached out to the mods and gotten permission to post here.

Which mods?

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

The ones with free xboxes.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

WetSpink posted:

The ones with free xboxes.

No free Xboxes but I spoke with Ozma and Axemaniac. Ozma, in turn, spoke with the admins for the site, who gave me the thumbs up.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I sent you a pm, and you never responded. Will amazon.ca will ever have a videogames section for downloads in amazon.ca or open the amazon.com for international (Canada) user.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Bleusilences posted:

I sent you a pm, and you never responded. Will amazon.ca will ever have a videogames section for downloads in amazon.ca or open the amazon.com for international (Canada) user.

My bad, I thought I responded to that. Unfortunately I don't have an awesome answer for you. International expansion and management is run by a different team that I don't interact with a whole lot. I will ask someone today though. Usually I get told "not something we're talking about yet", but I'm happy to ask. For reference Digital Video Games are currently sold in:

1. The US
2. Germany
3. Japan

Sorry again for the delayed response.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
I really like that there are so many steam-redeemable games on amazon's digital store, Steam is just really convenient beyond its own store for managing digital games for me, but I like having the option of buying elsewhere.
I am glad curmudgeonly goons didn't chase you away Tony :swoon:

Edit: Also let's get The Saboteur sometime again for cheap so I can blow up some nazis

PlushCow fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 17, 2012

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

AmazonTony posted:

No free Xboxes but I spoke with Ozma and Axemaniac. Ozma, in turn, spoke with the admins for the site, who gave me the thumbs up.

Which they all funneled to me since *I* have the final say on EVERYTHING here. I graciously granted the request and continued to sip wine from my gold chalice. You're welcome

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Which they all funneled to me since *I* have the final say on EVERYTHING here. I graciously granted the request and continued to sip wine from my gold chalice. You're welcome

Make sure you sign up to subscribe and save for that Wine you're drinking. 10% off per shipment!

/endautoshill

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

AmazonTony posted:

Make sure you sign up to subscribe and save for that Wine you're drinking. 10% off per shipment!

/endautoshill

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Welcome!

Are you going to start price matching again when Steam inevitably starts their Christmas sale?

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

AmazonTony posted:

My bad, I thought I responded to that. Unfortunately I don't have an awesome answer for you. International expansion and management is run by a different team that I don't interact with a whole lot. I will ask someone today though. Usually I get told "not something we're talking about yet", but I'm happy to ask. For reference Digital Video Games are currently sold in:

1. The US
2. Germany
3. Japan

Sorry again for the delayed response.

Thank you, I was just curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

Welcome!

Are you going to start price matching again when Steam inevitably starts their Christmas sale?

Yep,

Good question, adding to OP.

Since you asked though here are some general rules of thumb around price matching:

1. We don't match international retailers (GMG, GetGamesGo, GOG, Gamersgate, etc).

2. If we have a deal planned in close proximity to a high profile deal we sometimes won't match, this is done to avoid the person who buys when we price match and emails us enraged when our planned promotion starts the next day.

• Locked thread