Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

A shrubbery! posted:

Anybody know if I can buy, for example, the THQ Medley, install the games I want then keep the rest to gift/sell when the Steam Market comes out of beta?
Registering a key always goes to your inventory. If you want to gift something via trading/etc you probably need to buy it as a gift from steam and put it in your inventory, as far I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Dominic White posted:

For those looking at The Secret World, the 'buy in December' perks (account-wide access to a few nice newbie items, plus the Issue 5 mission pack, which will eventually be a paid item) are still there, but it's probably best if you claim them sooner rather than later, so long in ASAP and tag them.

HotBobaloo posted:

You need to make it to the first quest area "Kingsmouth" then the item store will unlock, and there is an area for claimable items.
Wow, who thought that was a good idea. So I actually can't just buy the game, register an account with the key and be good until I get around to it?

Still tempting at the price with the coupon though. (seems like a bit of a chore to save what, 5 dollars is the Issue #5 pack?)

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Foehammer posted:

Just keep buying things
This is probably worse than Steam sales because I have coupons that I know I should spend ahhhhhh

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

That fix was basically all the PC patch contained, there's still heaps of bugs in the game.
The beta patch, numbered 1.3 or something? I could never get that to install properly. The main menu would keep saying 1.0 when I launched the game.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Well that kind of sucks because I decided to use the CAGROCKS code on the preorder and now it's gone. :shrug:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Doesn't work for me even if I used it. Well, I didn't "use" CAGROCKS, more that it seemed to auto apply to my next purchase.

Also definitely :canada: here abusing .com's DD service, so yeah. Dunno if that makes a difference.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

Is it known how long Dark Souls is going to be on sale for? I'm still teetering on it due to money being a little tight at the moment, but if it pretty much ends tomorrow it might force my hand.
Weeklong. Amazon's promo up on that top right corner says 28th to 3rd.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Johnny Law posted:

I got an Industrial Revolution code and attempted to create an account at their site (rather than using Facebook), but I'm not receiving the validation email. And no it's not in my spam folder. I tried asking for a password reset as well.

*shrug*

Is there some in-game content for Infinite associated with playing the webgame? Not sure how much I should worry about it at this point.
There are some reskinned/buffed weapons and some bonus cash and stuff you get somewhere early down the line, but I pre-ordered and either never redeemed it or bothered to look for it and just went about my merry way.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Wow, so that 10$ amazon.com credit means I can buy non-vidja game stuff? (from The Bureau)

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Quixotic1 posted:

Just got an alert that Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Gold Edition for Steam and Uplay dropped to $60 is you were waiting for a deal to come up.
Of course there is no way to actually upgrade to the Gold Edition anywhere, huh Ubisoft?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

botany posted:

Weren't they just certified as one of the most LGBTQ-friendly employers in the industry? That's a pretty good thing.
Gamers: Only care about video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

So was AC4: Gold Edition dropping from 80$ to 60$ just some one time thing that Tony didn't have much to do with? Otherwise I wouldn't really mind biting at 35$ for the regular edition.

• Locked thread