Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
I'm pirating the book because the daft of my coffer is jerry-cocked all to the futtocks you picaroons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

I reread Lies before starting Republic of Thieves and yeah. There's a lot more swearing in the latter.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

Just finished Republic of Theives and thoughts in no particular order

I thought the book suffered for not having a big confidence game at its center. I want to see Locke and Jean outsmarting everyone.
I'm not sure what to make of it being Sabetha in the painting. Why would anyone believe that its even remotely real?
Patience was a bitch. Just further cements the magi as being assholes and I thought her 'arc' was really well done.
The flashback scenes, while providing a few chuckles, seemed pretty unneccesary. I get that we were supposed to learn about Locke and Sabetha, but again, it didn't seem like a game most of the time.

I'm worried that the quality of the books has declined from 10/10 to 9/10 to 8/10.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

Holy poo poo, Scott Lynch is just a kid.

• Locked thread