Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
http://www.ustream.tv/ASecondChanceRescue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

John just confirmed that Ripley's kittens will be getting spayed and neutered tomorrow, so I guess they really are leaving this weekend. Get your tissues ready and watch as much as you can. I don't know how I'll carry on without my regular dose of Newt :(

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Godholio posted:

The best ending for that would be a bunch of cats that avoid each other. If they'd stayed together that's probably what would already be happening...kittens don't usually stay friends for long once they start getting big.

I have a brother/sister cat pair I've had since they are kittens. They still cuddle together in piles of cuteness and clean each other and play and they are almost 3 now.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Der Shovel posted:

John just confirmed that Ripley's kittens will be getting spayed and neutered tomorrow, so I guess they really are leaving this weekend. Get your tissues ready and watch as much as you can. I don't know how I'll carry on without my regular dose of Newt :(

You'll like the next set as well. You know he's going to do one. :)

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

I don't know how I'll carry on without my regular dose of Newt :(

She's my favourite, too.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SpannerX posted:

You'll like the next set as well. You know he's going to do one. :)

Sure I will and sure he is, but ... Newt :(

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Neuter/Spay Day
The kittens are having their snips today, the final step in getting ready for their adoption day (info on which will be given when it becomes available). They will be back around 4:30-5:00 PM PST (GMT-8)

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?

SpannerX posted:

Neuter/Spay Day
The kittens are having their snips today, the final step in getting ready for their adoption day (info on which will be given when it becomes available). They will be back around 4:30-5:00 PM PST (GMT-8)

The adoption event is taking place this Saturday, Feb. 23. Have kleenex at the ready!

Pheeets fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 19, 2013

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Pheeets posted:

The adoption event is taking place this Saturday, Frb. 23. Have kleenex at the ready!

You sick bast....oh, right.

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
I caught the cam just as they all came back. Oh so much excitement!!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

I caught the cam just as they all came back. Oh so much excitement!!

You weren't lying! I'm watching the DVR backlog and the kitties are going apeshit!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Der Shovel posted:

You weren't lying! I'm watching the DVR backlog and the kitties are going apeshit!

Here's the photo stream from John on facebook. There's pics of Newt getting her operation.

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 20, 2013

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151434900494836&set=o.206293252750873&type=1&theater

Holy...

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Well, they've captured Ripley's 1000yd stare quite well.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That's not the only piece of art that's popping up.

So speaking of the kittens leaving, it's looking like their probable replacements have already been selected.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
3 dark kittens? This is going to be hard to keep track of them.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I can't really tell but but the hidden one might be a tortoiseshell. Or it might just be the orange one's leg.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's already kinda hard to tell how many there are. Looks like two + a ginger one from where I'm sitting but then that is a proper kitten pile so it's hard to say.

EDIT: oh wait there's one under everyone else. Looks ... brownish?

Rabidbunny
Feb 7, 2003
I think I'm already in love with that momma cat. She's beautiful.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

She looks like a healthy version of Marie (the underweight and kinda sickly Scientist Kittens mother) (who they held back at Purrfect Pals and is doing well now)

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Feb 21, 2013

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

She's so cute. I love how only one of her eyes is ringed with black, she looks like she started putting her kohl and mascara on, but forgot to do one eye!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Here felt Newt on Ebay!
Ash has doubled in the past 2 hours!
Ripley!
Bishop seems to have some fans, at $20+ already
Dallas
Parker

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

:kimchi:

Last chance to see these guys, they're going up for adoption on saturday.

At least it seems we won't have to wait too long for a new batch.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Metanaut posted:

:kimchi:

Last chance to see these guys, they're going up for adoption on saturday.

At least it seems we won't have to wait too long for a new batch.

That is an great shot shot! Bishop and Newt are very cute in it! Ash looks like he's plotting his next escape. :)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gonna miss these kids.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SpannerX posted:

That is an great shot shot! Bishop and Newt are very cute in it!

When is Newt not very cute?

I'm already at the point where it's painful to watch the stream because I'm mentally counting down to the kittens leaving tomorrow, but at the same time I can't stop watching because I only have ~24-ish hours of kitten watching left :( Like I was saying at this point with the previous litter, I don't understand how John can do this. I'm grateful that he (and others like him) are giving these cats a chance at life, but at this point my house would have roughly 500 cats in it. How could I give up Pepper? Or Newt?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Der Shovel posted:

When is Newt not very cute?

I'm already at the point where it's painful to watch the stream because I'm mentally counting down to the kittens leaving tomorrow, but at the same time I can't stop watching because I only have ~24-ish hours of kitten watching left :( Like I was saying at this point with the previous litter, I don't understand how John can do this. I'm grateful that he (and others like him) are giving these cats a chance at life, but at this point my house would have roughly 500 cats in it. How could I give up Pepper? Or Newt?

Tesla would have been hard, but I'm pretty sure at this point he's really used to it, and he knows that these kittens get the best of lives. The last 2 (Spice and Scientist) sets of kittens are all over Facebook, and you can tell they are having great lives. Same with most of the Seven Kittens, there were so many fans for them. Hell I think one of the owners drove like 200 miles to pick up one of those kittens.

It is going to be sad though. Going to have to watch the stream for that instead of DVR. The chat will be nuts.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lady finished her picture.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Lady finished her picture.

Aw, that's sweet. Newt is especially cute, and I like how Parker is escaping off the side of the picture, little dude is ridiculously zoomy.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Last day, all kittens have been pre-adopted, but so far, not Ripley. Hmm.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SpannerX posted:

Last day, all kittens have been pre-adopted, but so far, not Ripley. Hmm.

I really hope someone takes Ripley along with one of the kitties. Or hell, just in general, but I imagine Newt especially would adapt better with mommy there for support.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Der Shovel posted:

I really hope someone takes Ripley along with one of the kitties. Or hell, just in general, but I imagine Newt especially would adapt better with mommy there for support.

I hope they are going in pairs, honestly. And Yeah, Newt with Ripley would be best case. I think either of Parker and Dallas with either Ash and Bishop would work out fine.

I have to remind my self to update the OP when the new batch debuts.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SpannerX posted:

I hope they are going in pairs, honestly.

Agreed. After seeing how well the kitten pairs from the Scientist Kittens and Spice Kittens are doing, I think that's the best way.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

If someone wants to check out the kittens one last time, now's the time. They're leaving for the adoption center in under three hours :cry:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SpannerX posted:

I hope they are going in pairs, honestly. And Yeah, Newt with Ripley would be best case. I think either of Parker and Dallas with either Ash and Bishop would work out fine.

I have to remind my self to update the OP when the new batch debuts.

Apparently there's going to be one pair and three solo, although one of the solos might pick up Ripley too.

Gonna be sad to see this little family broken up. They've all got such strong personalities their interactions seem more... concrete.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ash's facebook page, if anyone is interested.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

All the kittens were adopted, Ripley still isn't. Kinda angry none of the single adopters took her as well.

EDIT: Ripley has been adopted by "a nice English bloke". Hooray!

EDIT 2: and here is the last ever picture of the whole family together.

Bye, kitties :(

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 23, 2013

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Parker's facebook page (and his big brother Jinx).

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
Newt's Facebook page! Ash has already passed 1,000 likes. Jeez, these cats have more FB friends than I do.

edit: Bishop and Dallas!

Premeditated Toast fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

That Bishop/Dallas page has about a hundred new likes every two minutes, jeez.

There's a photo of the two of them hiding underneath a sofa on it too. I'm sure they'll come around to their new home pretty quick, but right now Dallas looks extraordinarily disgruntled, poor little beggar.

• Locked thread