Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Send someone in with a plunger and get things started!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
Intuition as guided by experience
She's keeping those kittens just to make Shelly give her more tummy rubs. I said to my husband that I would hire Shelly to be my doula in a second. She is just so supportive and encouraging.

Edit: I spoke too soon! It is now go time for Calypso.

Bad Mitten fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 13, 2014

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?
4 pm at Tiny Kittens HQ and still no sign of the kittens.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I was sure she was going to wander off and have them someplace else in the middle of the night, but nope! Still holding out on us.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Bad Mitten posted:

Edit: I spoke too soon! It is now go time for Calypso.

Joke's on us! Something happens to make us think it is happening and then 7 hours later...here we are.

At least John has some new super cute fuzzy kittens.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Looks like Caly's getting closer, doing a lot more licking. In the mean time, John's kittens are ridiculously cute.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

It's happening! Caly's having her kittens. Seems like the first one might not have made it.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Yep, Caly's first kitten was stillborn. Underdeveloped (very tiny), plus visible defects -- something about an organ outside the body. These things happen, especially with calico moms :( Now for the rest of them.

e: Second one is out, and appears okay. Momma cleaning up atm.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 14, 2014

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

5 nursing and a sixth getting cleaned up at the moment.

Caly's kind of stopped giving a poo poo about getting the cords cut and the sac cleaned off and is more interested in cleaning her own butt, much to everyone's consternation.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

In Hitchhiker news, the Purrfect Pals person posted a picture of the kittens' (probable) deadbeat babydaddy

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
Looks like the final count is 7 kittens including the one stillborn. Calypso looks as exhausted as Shelly sounds.

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

In the Dancing Kittens, the viewers named the stillborn baby "Taps" - double meaning: Tap dancing and "Taps" is played at military funerals.

It's very solemn and sad, but that name kind of makes me laugh, it's so silly. "Oh look, he's tap dancing" "No, he's having a heart attack!"

Sorry, I was up too late last night. v:what:v

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Look at those drat ears!

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Cats have no spines

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Not cats, mice and rats!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

SpannerX posted:

Look at those drat ears!

aw yeah wanna pet those kitties. yeah. yeah.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fandyien posted:

aw yeah wanna pet those kitties. yeah. yeah.

They are pretty drat cute.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
John is keeping Trillian.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

This is his 42nd set of fosters and it's the first time he's keeping a kitten from any of them. that's both an impressive record of self-restraint and an remarkable indication of how much Trillian has made an impression on him to get him to break that record.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

He said in a Q&A that this was, in fact, the exact moment he decided.

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
I thought he might cave as soon as he put her in the kennel on the first day. He said something to the effect that she wasn't just tugging on his heart but had meat hooks in it. She will have her own FB page, too.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hitchhiker kittens on their way to adoption.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Alice and Gail were adopted together. :3:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
New info:

"The information that I have:
Mom + five kittens
Kittens are 7 weeks old
Mom is friendly, some kittens are skittish
They will be surrendered to Purrfect Pals this afternoon
I will pick them up after their intake
What I don't yet know:
What mom or the kittens look like
How many boys or girls
What you can expect:
The kitten room will be set up allowing the kittens full access to the entire room, like how the Pixars had.
The Kitten Cam may go live today or tomorrow morning. I will announce it when it goes live.
They will be Fabulous!"

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hmm, New live cam, Sphynx kittens.
http://www.thepetcollective.tv/sphynx-and-bambino-kitten-livestream/

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

SpannerX posted:

New info:

"The information that I have:
Mom + five kittens
Kittens are 7 weeks old
Mom is friendly, some kittens are skittish
They will be surrendered to Purrfect Pals this afternoon
I will pick them up after their intake
What I don't yet know:
What mom or the kittens look like
How many boys or girls
What you can expect:
The kitten room will be set up allowing the kittens full access to the entire room, like how the Pixars had.
The Kitten Cam may go live today or tomorrow morning. I will announce it when it goes live.
They will be Fabulous!"

The Fabulous Fosters, named after gay actors and actresses. There's a good chance George Takei will be one of them.

EDIT: the mom and two of the kittens tested positive for Feline leukemia and will be raised separately. The three remaining kittens:

"The kittens will be known as The Fabulous Fosters! The orange one is George (Takei), the buff orange is Neil (Patrick Harris), and the dilute torbi is Ellen (DeGeneres)"

Pheeets fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 4, 2014

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
http://new.livestream.com/FosterKittenCam/TheFabulousFosters

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
From what I have gathered, the mother of the Dancing Kittens has been adopted off, but the kittens themselves are still around waiting for shots. And speaking of shots, here's one of Jitterbug:

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Pickled Tink posted:

From what I have gathered, the mother of the Dancing Kittens has been adopted off, but the kittens themselves are still around waiting for shots. And speaking of shots, here's one of Jitterbug:

I think Hula and Mambo https://www.facebook.com/hulaandmambo

And Lindy and Buggles https://www.facebook.com/LindyandBuggles

Have already gone too

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
why not cum cam

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pheeets posted:

I think Hula and Mambo https://www.facebook.com/hulaandmambo

And Lindy and Buggles https://www.facebook.com/LindyandBuggles

Have already gone too

Foxtrot and Salsa are still waiting for shots/the snip.
https://www.facebook.com/FoxyandSalsa/

quote:

Sadly, Salsa still had a fever last night. We have been wishing and hoping and thinking and praying that his fever will brake today. We are so anxious to have the boys home!!! Get well super soon Salsa!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Foxy and Salsa are on their way to their forever home... all the way across the continent. Shelly is currently flying with them from Vancouver to Hershey, PA to meet their new family.

Hula, Mambo and Calypso have left already; Jitterbug and Lindy are hanging out on the LAPS Kitten Roundup cam 'til they get picked up on Sunday.

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

delfin posted:

Foxy and Salsa are on their way to their forever home... all the way across the continent. Shelly is currently flying with them from Vancouver to Hershey, PA to meet their new family.

Hula, Mambo and Calypso have left already; Jitterbug and Lindy are hanging out on the LAPS Kitten Roundup cam 'til they get picked up on Sunday.

Foxy and Salsa ended up in Chicago, not Hershey like many chatters guessed.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pheeets posted:

Foxy and Salsa ended up in Chicago, not Hershey like many chatters guessed.

I'm trying to wrap my head around why 2 mongrel cats are flying across a border. I know they are cute and all, but that just kind of freaks me out. Hell, Caly ended up in the states too.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
"Our new litter is one of our Kitten Roundup litters, and will be arriving at Tinykittens HQ on Thursday! It is a mom, her two older babies, and their three litters of babies. Mom and her older daughters are co-raising their 10 babies.

They were pretty malnourished when they came in, and they all have upper respiratory infections. The moms are pretty scared of people, so we'll have our work cut out for us! "

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

SpannerX posted:

I'm trying to wrap my head around why 2 mongrel cats are flying across a border. I know they are cute and all, but that just kind of freaks me out. Hell, Caly ended up in the states too.

The Shelter that Foster Dad John works with (Purrfect Pals)only adopts out to locals; the thinking behind that is if the new adopters change their mind they will most probably surrender them back to Purrfect Pals because they are close by. Although, they did make an exception with one from the last litter (Arthur) because the adopter was the daughter of a long-time cam watcher and the person who makes all the videos for John, plus the adopter is in Washington quite often and has worked at a lot of shelters. But they generally encourage people to adopt from local shelters because there are unwanted cats everywhere.

The shelter the Shelly works with (Langley Animal Protection Society)is different, they adopt to whoever passes their screening, regardless of distance. They seem to almost thrive on the publicity that far-off adoption brings and like the spotlight it brings to foster kittens in general. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion, so long as the kittens find a loving home. It's just controversial. People were speculating that the latest adopters must be "rich and famous" because they flew the kittens and Shelly to Chicago; I think it was just someone who watched the cam and fell in love with the gingers, and happened to have a lot of frequent flyer miles to use up.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
New tinykittens cam up!

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

The mom of the Fabulous Fosters, who has been in isolation at Purrfect Pals because she tested positive for feline leukemia, has just tested negative, so if all the kittens in John's care still test negative (blood tests today and tomorrow), then the mama will be reunited with her kittens on John's cam. Hopefully she will remember her kittens and/or will get along with them well. The kittens are still skittish, but the mama has always been super-friendly, so it's hoped that having her there will help the kittens become socialized sooner.

This is the mama at Purrfect Pals cat shelter being cuddly and purry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrmuX9qN7pQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Tinny kittens back at it again: http://new.livestream.com/tinykittens/oz

• Locked thread