Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wob
Jun 28, 2003

Here's another kitten cam - this ones in Australia. Don't worry the state it's in is not currently on fire.

http://freezone.iinet.net.au/vod/freezone/lifestyle/kitty-cam/13158

edit: they should rename that other kitten cam "Ripley's You Gotta Be Kitten Me"

wob fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wob
Jun 28, 2003

SpannerX posted:

Cat Haven (they are in Australia, so they are in the future!

These cats have a really nice play area, lots of toys, lots of space

Here's their website

Pictures later, seems like their camera is in a an outside area with not much light.

Sweet! Thanks for adding it to the OP :) Me and a friend set this cam up last year as a sort of silly project at the ISP we work at, but the Cat Haven guys loved the idea. We had some huge viewer numbers initially (it went mini-viral, as in we made australian news only), and just recently they showed us their adoption stats which were noticeably higher since it started. Feels good man.

It streams 24/7 since they put a roof on the enclosure so the kittens can stay in there all the time, but it's outdoors so it's pitch black at night. I have just shown the Cat Haven guys the disco party idea and they are loving excited. Outdoor kitten rave in the near future .. stay tuned.

Here's a little highlights reel I put together when the cam was moved to an undercover enclosure last winter : http://freezone.iinet.net.au/vod/freezone/lifestyle/kitty-cam/13261

wob fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jan 9, 2013

wob
Jun 28, 2003

MikeJF posted:

I had the Cat Haven one bookmarked for a while but it went offline for ages and I thought they'd given up on it.

They were low on kittens for a while, which is a great thing .. unless you want some adorable online kitten action. It's kittening season now so they've got tons, and the whole enclosure has been revamped and upgraded.

wob
Jun 28, 2003

The Cat Haven kittens are very active right now.. actually they're being huge jerks to each other it's pretty funny.

• Locked thread