Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Awesome, found an Eador thread! Time to hold a festival in the province (-100 gold)!

I love the rough charm of this game. It makes it feel like it was made by actual people and not come faceless corporation. And it's so Russian :allears: I love the evil options. Plague? Sell the fresh corpses to necromancers, yay income!

Where did you find that dragon contract, Big Sean? It's awesome. Even if it's a level 1 dragon you just plonk it down in a province and nothing except a specialized dragon-slaying army will even move it.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I know how I can get high-level contracts (I got awesome golems from the cult of the Ancients - 15 protection and an attack that damages weapon. Times seven. And they have the magic immunity too :syoon:), I was interested specifically about the dragon.

BTW, the dragon drops gold/gem income by 50%.

And how could I forget, finally a game that shows some magical knowledge. All the fluff how the astral plane works, and the little bits like marble being used for magical isolation make me go :3:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 28, 2012

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

SparkTR posted:

Thanks above as well, bought MoM and AoW2. Looking forward to getting into them.
Get AoW1 too. It has it's problems (like getting a lifestealing+first strike hero trivializes the campaign a few levels in), but it looks awesome, has an actually totally non-linear campaign (important choices after most battles) and some of the best music I've ever heard in a game.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Wolpertinger posted:

Has anyone found out how to make the inquisition stop attacking you after you refuse to let them move in? I just got the event now and I'd rather they not make my provinces hate me, but on the other hand having them take over provinces every few turns is terrible too.
Someone has, it seems they have a lair that you have to seek out and conquer.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Wolpertinger posted:

Or god help me, it's hidden in a province I might not own.
Most likely.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

nutranurse posted:

I caved and bought this game (steam sales cleared out the amount I slotted for myself) and goddamn I am impressed. Why exactly is this '09 Russian gem just getting the attention it deserves? Is it because of the facelift it is getting next year with the new game?
It just got released in English.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Megazver posted:

You can open dialog.var in notepad and it's a plain text with all the dialogue text. The event names are still in Russian, though. (Not a problem for me.)
And you can mod the game in this way.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Jastiger posted:

Grrr I just lost to Oiner or whatever. I am a good guy too but he is pissing me off.

"Lol,I'm sorry bro but I'm going to have to declare war on you :feelsgood:"
It's probably the accepted practice among masters that alignment doesn't matter if there are only two of you on the same shard, one of you must go.

quote:

Also, does the AI cheat? As in do they get bonus money and tech that I don't have just because they are the AI?
Supposedly the Expert level is the one where the AI doesn't get any boni or penalties.

:v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Does anyone have a list of special achievements/titles for shard battles (i.e. their requirements, I can pull the list from the game files)?

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 30, 2012

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

enigma74 posted:

From the gog.com thread:
Tactician - no returns and no units lost
Strategist - no returns and no battles lost
Explorer - explore more than 1000% in provinces
Cartographer - open all provinces on a map
Architector - build all buildings in castle
Dragon Hunter - clear more than 10 guardians with dragons
Destroyer - looted more than 1000 gold from your own provinces
Collectioner - wear set of 4 or more items in one hero

That few? Thanks!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
If it's the castle structure, you need to upgrade it to get harder quests (upgrades may be locked in early shards).

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
The interface? It's noticeably worse and clumsier than in the original.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Waiting for the verdict on the final UI. After seeing the clusterfuck the town UI was in the beta, it better suck my dick before I shell any money for it. I already paid twice for this game, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

So does this game lean more towards HoMM/King's Bounty, or Masters of Magic? I've always hoped for something to follow up on the latter well.
Definitely more in the vein of HOMM. As for the latter, I assume you've played the Age of Wonders series to death?

• Locked thread