Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well that club was pretty... Eugh

I'm going to hope the game won't dwell on this very much and move onto cannons that shoot tigers or something. On a side note, Skippy, you may want to change your armor.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Welcome to the forums, where our buttons have confusing squiggles on them nobody can possibly understand.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

That's a great idea OP.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You are all DOOMED

Part 8? Starting in medias res, huh? I like it. Artsy. Can't wait.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Nah I don't think that this gimmick is working. You should try the sandcastle.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

I'm so glad someone is finally doing a P8 LP

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

Gentlemen, welcome to SA.

Now vote this thread 5, or pay the price of insubordination!

I dunno why, P4-6 was the pinnacle of the series. How can you improve on perfection?

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

Well, then, where can I start?

I'd like to thank the Academy, my mother the car, that hobo that lives in a burrow by the underpass, that Wendy Barker what took my flower and turned me from a boy to a man, and most of all, I'd like to thank parts 1 thru 7, what done lead to 8

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

Gee whiz, I wonder why this new post requires a title and tag image and why it doesn't list the posts previous to this one at the bottom. Gee its almost as if I accidently pressed the button to start a new thread! Oh well, better follow through instead of actually checking or anything.

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008

Look, it's easy to get caught up dwelling on all the...things...that happened in the club but I think the real question is: what is Skippy's motivation in all this?

The game has told us a lot about Skippy so far, but can we trust that the narration is being completely honest? I mean, we already know that we didn't get the whole story about the club from the get-go; you'd think the tigers would have been the first thing that was mentioned unless the narrator has some stake in the story herself.

Either way you slice it, it's obvious that nobody chooses armor like that without having some kind of plan in motion behind the scenes, and cannons or no, I'm very interested to see how Skippy's scheming pays off in the long run.

Dwarsen
Jan 27, 2004
Dungeon Master

Tombot posted:

Gee whiz, I wonder why this new post requires a title and tag image and why it doesn't list the posts previous to this one at the bottom. Gee its almost as if I accidently pressed the button to start a new thread! Oh well, better follow through instead of actually checking or anything.

To be fair, it's pretty dumb to have a "post new thread" button when you're already in a thread.

And part 4 was way better, anyway. The twist with Skippy being his own mum is pretty ingenius, I feel.

1kb.se - för oss som inte tar spel så allvarligt

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

That club was indeed pretty nasty
drat Part 8 for always going for the easy shock points!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So you're going for the bad ending first, right? Still can't believe [spoiler]seven ate nine[/spiler]

Stanfield
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Wait, Skippy can change armour in Part 8? I haven't played since Part the Third and in that you could only change weapon.

Samsa
Dec 27, 2012

Some people are cockroaches.
Gregor is a weird name.

Great LP! I drew some really quick fanart, hope you enjoy!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

Gentlemen, welcome to SA.

Now vote this thread 5, or pay the price of insubordination!

Samsa posted:

Great LP! I drew some really quick fanart, hope you enjoy!

If there was a end-of-year list for Best Fanart Contribution In A Thread, that would at least make the top... 247.

Deadeye Dick
Mar 28, 2005

You can find me in the club, armor full of bub

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some fright?
Course ya boo!

I'm in there clickin post, I ain't in their dwelling much.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

I don't know about this, I heard Part 8 doesn't even have any romance. What's the point ?

BliShem
Dec 21, 2008

I can't find the Part 8 thread in Games, so I'm asking here: does anyone knows if I need the Part 8.1 DLC to install Part 8.2? Really want that tiger shooting cannon guys...

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Ah, THIS game. I could never get past the part where you have to sword melee the dragon in air after you're shot out of the cannon.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Oh, I know this game. I always lose at the part where I have to press reply instead of post.

Danbri
Jan 10, 2012

Try your ability! Do it!

I'm surprised no one's LP'd this game yet. It gets referenced in thousands of video titles, like an internet-wide inside joke.

Shieldhill
Feb 13, 2012

Is that fiscally conservative, Tom?

Chalk me up as another person who bought an account just for this thread!

Are you going to LP the sequels?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

drat, I was looking forward to this LP since I never managed to finish part 1. Was changing Skippy's armor really that helpful? I stuck with the default the whole time and couldn't figure out how to get past the armor-eating troll. It seems so simple now. When's the next update?

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

GANBARE

TELL MY WIFE I LOVED HER

I don't care what anyone thinks, Part 4 (more commonly known by us Westerners as Part 2) is the pinnacle of the series, possibly the RPG genre. Still looking forward to this LP, can't wait for the slam poetry mechanics to be introduced.

Side-note, is this a 102% run? Nobody has gone through Hell City yet, and that would bring a lot to this thread.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

1upclock posted:

I don't care what anyone thinks, Part 4 (more commonly known by us Westerners as Part 2) is the pinnacle of the series, possibly the RPG genre. Still looking forward to this LP, can't wait for the slam poetry mechanics to be introduced.

Part 4 was pretty good but the series really went downhill after part 5.

gadZeus
Jul 31, 2008

No lie, I picked up the Part 8 soundtrack just for the Club theme.

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

They complain the air is thin and half smog; they complain you never quite get the red dust out of your hair or your boots. I don't care. I'm finally home.

I too was disappointed by the lack of cannons that shoot tigers

Here's hoping for Part 9

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

World's Nicest Swamp Witch winner, 113 years running.

Screw all the haters, Part 8 was a very respectable entry to the series. I mean of course it's not as good as when Itoshi was still with the company but come on.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Dwarsen posted:

To be fair, it's pretty dumb to have a "post new thread" button when you're already in a thread.

It's there for exactly this kind of thing. Weeding out the idiots.

Seriously, the hint should be when part of your browser window is a bunch of thread tags. Even if you don't choose one, how do you not see them?

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

Seriously, the hint should be when part of your browser window is a bunch of thread tags. Even if you don't choose one, how do you not see them?

That's why you gotta change your armor.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

Feinne posted:

Screw all the haters, Part 8 was a very respectable entry to the series. I mean of course it's not as good as when Itoshi was still with the company but come on.

gently caress

YOU

gently caress

YOU

gently caress

YOU

Part 8 ruined the whole goddamn series by becoming consolized casualized bullpoo poo and it's obvious that it only got the PC sales it did because the devs were all like "Ooooh we're of course focusing on the PC audience as a whole since they gave us the cash monies to make Parts 1 through 7 and they're our favouritest fanbase" while secretly plotting to get the Cawadoody CONtards parent's money in a cash grab worthy of the worst 19th century industrialists by taking out genuinely good characters with depth and personality like Itoshi and General Knightblood and replacing them with 2d animu pillow waifu and/or husbando bait like Isshiki and Herena which is a complete travesty just like the way you are defending this heaping stinking pile of SHITURD excreted upon us by the devs

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

I approve of part 8

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Actually, Lucy, my trouble is football. I just don't understand it. Instead of feeling happy, I feel sort of let down.

Go Lions.

Tell me more about these cannons that shoot tigers, they sound awesome.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Yeah go to hell Feinne everyone knows you're a controller twaddling, console-pushing little baby; you could never understand the complexities of traditional PC gaming.

Air is lava!
Aug 15, 2011

Why is this happening?

Part 8 is still not released here in Europe. What's taking them so long?

CommissarMega posted:

gently caress

YOU

You are a little bit too good at this.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

12 year old girl

i like part 8. i like rpg.

RChimp Cola
Feb 15, 2008

Cyclops and a duck?!

They shoulda called this game fart 8 because it came out of a butt like all games which are for children and buttslovers. hope i did this right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Part 8 is very famous. I'm honestly surprised no one tried to LP this game before. Please show off the secret ending of this game, since it's the only ending I don't have thus far.

«2 »