Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

tatertot posted:

Here's a few that haven't been mentioned:

A Tale of Two Sisters - horror

Oasis
3 Iron
Failan - All 3 of these are love stories, each with their own twist

Castaway on the Moon - Another romance, but this one is funny and not soul-crushingly depressing. A nice change of pace

I hate horror films and A Tale of Two Sisters is great.

3 Iron is awesome. When you can make an entire movie with minimal dialogue and keep it interesting is good cinema. I can't wait to see Snowpiercer.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Treeless Mountain

This is something in a different direction than most of the movies listed so far. I stumbled on this through Netflix, it's currently up for streaming. It's a movie I would have completely overlooked otherwise, but I found it to be a really well made, moving story. It's very quiet and slow paced, so it's probably not for everyone.

The story concerns two sisters who are left in the care of their aunt while their struggling mother goes off to try to find their deadbeat dad. The aunt in question is an alcoholic, and barely able to care for herself, so the two girls end up essentially fending for themselves. The film is basically just their day to day life as they try to survive and deal with the inevitable abandonment issues, as the days go by and they anxiously wait for their mother to return.

Havent seen this one but it kind of reminds me of a film I watched where a father escapes North Korea to find a better life for his family, poo poo goes wrong, kids are on their own wandering the desert. It tore me up.

Man of Vendetta is also pretty awesome.

Aeka 2.0 fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone see The Handmaiden yet?

• Locked thread