Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski
Doing dwarf thief strategist because who cares about elves or those weird little doll looking people :stare: That and I got a 12 bonus stat start and decided I didn't want to sit there rolling till I got the magical fabled 50 or 70 bonus point start that I hear you can get.

On the plus side, I think I'm more durable than the other thieves and can cut up monsters face to face if I can't get good backstab alignment, on the downside- I had to spend an alarming amount of points to get up to speed on my agility.

Economy Clown Car fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski
I think if you make a habit to keep your condition high (that little meter shaped like a half moon/crescent) you have a better chance to gain stats on leveling, My condition has been prime since I learned how to play proper and I seem to almost always gain stats, but when it's low I lose them.

Also, scrooge beetles are ridiculous :psyduck: you kill one and 500 gold pops out.

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski
Man, are there even soul rank 2 knuckles in the game? I vastly prefer them to daggers on thief and I have been suffering using an edging dagger for a while. And the market's turning up nothing.

The game is pretty goddamn enjoyable so far though, and doesn't feel "grindy" in the sense that the quests are enough to level you fairly well.

Edit: I think it's also strongly advisable not to do hybrid builds or classes until you are a high-ish soul rank because otherwise it's too slow and you can't port over much when you change.

Economy Clown Car fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 4, 2013

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski

Miijhal posted:

You can get a rank 2 knuckle for finishing the first story quest, and a second one from another quest that pops up in town right after hitting SR2.

:stare: how the hell and a half did I miss them? I've finished both. :(

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski
I can't figure out if the decoy skill is a one point wonder or not- On one hand. It's a pocket tank that taunts everything around you when you use it and gets you out of some -rough- situations as a thief. On the other hand.. I think adding points doesn't really boost it because the taunt duration doesn't go up to match the duration of the decoy- Or does it?

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski

Miijhal posted:

Don't skip the first cutscene about crime. Just don't.

I skipped it, now what? :ohdear:

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski

Shlapintogan posted:

I am pretty certain you can't respec. Just try and go for skills that are for your alignment, and maybe try and stick to one tree unless there's something you REALLY want on the other side of the tree (I'm looking at you, equipment weight boost :argh:)

e: Well gently caress. I'm getting "Authentication servers full" when I try connecting. I just want to play the game :(

Also, the game has been delisted from Steam because people are totally upset about MMO launch pains.

It's baffling to me a bit because I don't see how it went from "pretty drat fine" to "Completely unplayable once you log in" in just one stroke from closed beta to open. :psyduck: Did the playerbase number leap that drat hard or did something go wrong?

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski
To be fair to all of us, I suppose the big gleaming SOE logo should have tipped us off we're going to have a bit of trouble. :sigh:

I really do want to play though, I miss my dwarf thief.

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski

Shinino Kage posted:

Well, now I can choose a server, but then I get 'connecting to Message server'.

Seriously, SOE, what gave you the idea this was a good game?

It's a good game- It's the SOE part that's the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski

BombiTheZombie posted:

Warriors seem to be the easiest and most versatile class by far, except for clerics who can go on trucking forever if played right.

My first character was a dwarf cleric, he was pretty much unkillable but killing anything was like watching paint dry so i made a warrior. So far i have died on him twice in 11 levels. I dont even need to block just hold in mousebutton and watch the numbers fly.

Im sure its going to get harder from now on but man are they easy to play.

Getting a two handed hammer on a cleric makes it a little less miserable to solo damage wise- especially if you plus it up and have an okay strength- heck. You do OKAY damage with 1H maces if you didn't dumpster strength and have an up to date one.

• Locked thread