Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

The Royal Scrub posted:

Not that I called it a moba but blasting creeps and getting gold with a hero that has 4 abilities sounds kinda close to me. Good thing I called it tower defense where you control a hero though! Close call!

Three of the four letters in MOBA are not present. All that is is battle. It's really not like a MOBA at all, it's more like a tower defense game with hero units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helmacron
Jun 3, 2005

looking down at the world
Here's how I save power:
All processes turned off consistently when not in use. WIFI and bluetooth off. Brightness down as low as possible without loss of comfort. Sound doesn't seem like a massive power sucker. It's all about the brightness of the screen. I had a 4S as my main device throughout South-East Asia and I could make it last two days, reading articles saved on pocket, playing Jetpack Joyride and listening music.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

Pladdicus posted:

Three of the four letters in MOBA are not present. All that is is battle. It's really not like a MOBA at all, it's more like a tower defense game with hero units.

What are you even arguing dude because that's literally what I called it: a tower defense game where you control a hero. Nobody gives a poo poo what moba stands for lol

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Pladdicus posted:

:spergin:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Speaking as a recovering Dota player, I can safely say all MOBA players are idiots and should be ignored.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Please do not play Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
This thread has a habit of saying games are like games they're not like okay :(

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Pladdicus posted:

This thread has a habit of saying games are like games they're not like okay :(

Well poo poo then, better call the pedant patrol

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Space Hamlet posted:

Well poo poo then, better call the pedant patrol

It's kind of lovely if you're looking for game suggestions.

I mean if I told someone I like ASOIAF and they recommended I read twilight because it has some fantasy elements and also romance elements, then I went out and bought and started to read Twilight based on that recommendation, I'd be a little upset and they would have just been wrong.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

tuyop posted:

It's kind of lovely if you're looking for game suggestions.

I mean if I told someone I like ASOIAF and they recommended I read twilight because it has some fantasy elements and also romance elements, then I went out and bought and started to read Twilight based on that recommendation, I'd be a little upset and they would have just been wrong.

The post recommending the game was pretty clear on what aspects of it are MOBA-like (the way your hero works) and which parts aren't (no multiplayer). I've been looking for something which feels like a singleplayer MOBA so I found it pretty valuable!

Malom
Dec 29, 2009
Kk@ lak]888]8]8]]8878]]]8]]]]]/////5:::[5=::==]][/::565(5)$/@@&&&

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Malom posted:

I like your style.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Malom posted:

Real talk, this has been the most useful post since airplanes and moba talk started.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So how exactly do I use the energy shield in Sky Force? As far as I can tell I can pay to have it active from the beginning of the level or pick up items that drop but then when I get hit I can't tell if anything has changed. And what the gently caress is the deal with Mission 5?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The energy shield is a shield from getting hit. While you have parts of your ship to upgrade it's not that big of a deal, but when you're trying to get all achievements on harder levels it's sometimes a necessity.

Level 5 is a fun break from the traditional mechanics and you can even play it as avoiding the EMP all level and destroying all the towers. I'm way too bad at the game to pull that off though.

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

So how exactly do I use the energy shield in Sky Force?
If you bought/found one on a level, you'll have an icon to activate it when you take your finger off the screen.

Level 5 you are supposed to just dodge everything. With enough upgrades it's possible to actually kill all the towers while constantly avoiding the disable missile thing, but that's just for fun.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Yodzilla posted:

So how exactly do I use the energy shield in Sky Force? As far as I can tell I can pay to have it active from the beginning of the level or pick up items that drop but then when I get hit I can't tell if anything has changed. And what the gently caress is the deal with Mission 5?

Like Jag said lift your finger. Left is shield right is bomb and top is the laser.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also lifting your finger slows gameplay down. Useful to catch your breath if you feel overwhelmed.

Started playing Hero Siege and took the archer as my first dude and lol what's balance? I can sleep through the game once my towers are set up.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

SynthOrange posted:

Also lifting your finger slows gameplay down. Useful to catch your breath if you feel overwhelmed.

Started playing Hero Siege and took the archer as my first dude and lol what's balance? I can sleep through the game once my towers are set up.

I had no idea this was out on iOS but I've been playing it off and on for Steam for a while now. The devs seem too adjust the balance frequently and the game fluctuates between super easy and stupid hard and you kind of get the idea that they are just kind of throwing poo poo at the wall to see what will stick.

Not that it isn't a fairly enjoyable game.

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
Is there any kind of trick to getting Zuma to run on an iPhone 4 with the new iOS? I've had a lot of downtime at work lately and have been itching for some Zuma. If not, replaying Peggle and finally finishing the new levels on Icebreaker will have to do I guess.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Ain't nothing like an app you forgot existed on your phone waking you up in the middle of the night to inform you there's a new pig hunting season. Good bye forever fuckers and co.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Ain't nothing like an app you forgot existed on your phone waking you up in the middle of the night to inform you there's a new pig hunting season. Good bye forever fuckers and co.

Have fun on your pig hunt!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Just turn off notifications for individual apps in settings whenever you install something new.
I know, it's the stupid stealth "local" notifications so you have to take an extra step, but you can still control that yourself.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
i have been playing dear hunter 2014 and it is stupid but it is miles better than all those lovely puzzle dragon clones or $20 re-releases of bad jrpgs that everyone seems to post about

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

More bad jrpgs for me please.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered

Yodzilla posted:

Mission 5 owns. It is a 'dodge the projectiles' level. Just let the EMP blast hit you right off the bat- you'll notice the 4 criteria for unlocking the next difficulty tier are different on that level- none of them require you to destroy the towers (the 'kill 70% of eneimes' and 'kill 100% of enemies' has been replaced by 'collect 70% and 100% of stars') . You can, however, dodge that EMP blast for the entire level while destroying all the towers if you feel like sperging out at one point (I did it on insane, and it took me a...... while). You get a gamecenter achievement :classiclol:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

GreenNight posted:

More bad jrpgs for me please.

If you want bad JRPGs pickup pretty much anything by Kemco. I'd say they're RPG Maker quality but some of them don't even reach that bar from the looks of things.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

If you want bad JRPGs pickup pretty much anything by Kemco. I'd say they're RPG Maker quality but some of them don't even reach that bar from the looks of things.

Well kemco is the publisher. They release the game of about 4-5 developers.

Currently the pokemon rip off is free. It got good reviews but I havent gotten around to testing it out.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I like puzzle games, but not with gratuitous iAP, stamina bars, nor a pull machine mechanic.

Still on Pixelogic HD.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Simogo has unveiled their next game, The Sailor's Dream

http://simogo.com/blog/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ht8jVEvoRc

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

In case anyone wanted the link to that kemco Pokemon that is currently free, here is the link

:ducksiren: http://appshopper.com/games/rpg-band-of-monsters :ducksiren:

It got some decent reviews and it's a jrpg that is free. But I have yet to sit down and try it myself.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 29, 2014

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shwqa posted:

In case anyone wanted the link to that kemco Pokemon that is currently free, here is the link

:ducksiren: http://appshopper.com/games/rpg-band-of-monsters :ducksiren:

It got some decent reviews and it's a jrpg that is free.

I dunno I looked at the first few reviews and they weren't pretty but hey free!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I like how it claims to have been $7.99 despite no evidence of that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I picked it up on Android, and the intro seems to take about 45 mins. to an hour, before you actually get to play.

Daedalus Esquire
Mar 30, 2008
Sounds like a jrpg.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

Daedalus Esquire posted:

Sounds like a jrpg.

But would you recommend it to someone who was looking for a MOBA?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

So I sat down and played band of monster. It not a Pokemon rip off its a dragon quest monsters rip off. It is actually quite a bit of fun so long as you just skip through all the text. They have a story button on the menu that's just gives a 1-2 sentence recap and tells you were to go. Monster level up extremely fast so grinding isn't a big deal. I'm just having fun combining monster trying to make a really broken team.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^^^ tune every boss you fight that you can tune. The nutcracker early on is a tier 3 (for lack of a better term) unit so you can likely combine it with something on hand to make a good unit. I made a Dark Hare and the little bastard is fast and hits like a truck. His best attack also sleeps enemies.

Capture Phoenixes in the volcano too because aside from one use they have, they evolve in to a bunch of random good units. Like robots and angels (who seem to have amazing resists to everything).

It's not a bad time waster but they make money via IAP, like the xp/gold doublers and such. You could spent 4% and get the gold/xp doubler and 2 more unit slots it looks like. (e: This game isn't worth $7.99 though, but Kemco must sell enough games at their listed price to keep afloat. No harm in downloading while free).

opaopa13 posted:

But would you recommend it to someone who was looking for a MOBA?

Yes.
gently caress MOBAs

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

^^^^^ tune every boss you fight that you can tune. The nutcracker early on is a tier 3 (for lack of a better term) unit so you can likely combine it with something on hand to make a good unit. I made a Dark Hare and the little bastard is fast and hits like a truck. His best attack also sleeps enemies.

Capture Phoenixes in the volcano too because aside from one use they have, they evolve in to a bunch of random good units. Like robots and angels (who seem to have amazing resists to everything).

It's not a bad time waster but they make money via IAP, like the xp/gold doublers and such. You could spent 4% and get the gold/xp doubler and 2 more unit slots it looks like. (e: This game isn't worth $7.99 though, but Kemco must sell enough games at their listed price to keep afloat. No harm in downloading while free).

Yes.
gently caress MOBAs

Oh you better believe I got that nutcracker. Made a blue power ranger out of it, I'm slowly working torwards a full power ranger team. There has to be a team bonus for them. I haven't gotten to the volanco yet but I'll be sure to do that.

And I built my dark hare though the dog route. Dog -> hell dog -> dark hare is amazing because hell dog has a 3* fire damage B skill that dark hare just wrecks house with.

And I agree with the spoiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
just started playing battleheart legacy and I'm really enjoying it. Still not sure what kind of build I want, though...also the fact that there doesn't seem to be a way to reset attributes is annoying.

What kind of build are you guys running with?

• Locked thread