Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
Is it time for a new thread yet? This one's more than 500 pages long, the OP is two years old and pretty out of date.

I volunteer to make a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

UncleSmoothie posted:

Is it time for a new thread yet? This one's more than 500 pages long, the OP is two years old and pretty out of date.

The OP also hasn't posted since over a year ago, so one where the OP could update wouldn't be bad.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Games for kids

My daughter loves monument valley. She just started first grade.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I'd stay away from Ascension for the kids. While the game mechanics and whatnot are probably fine for kids, the artwork can be surprisingly grim and scary. Last thing you need are parents complaining about Satanic video games or whatever.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Flow Free and Flow Free Bridges are hits with my nieces and nephews. Angry Birds as well.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

UncleSmoothie posted:

This is a good idea, go for it.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
All right. New OP underway.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

sebmojo posted:

Anything by Toca Boca. That poo poo is like crack for littlies.

Maybe for toddlers, but for grade school kids you'll want something a wee bit more substantial.

Peggle is clearly the answer. Peggle is always the answer. Also, Threes and Ticket to Ride.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Dvlos posted:

I can't beat this game... I have like 3 different class players at the final boss and its just .. can't be done

The ninja passive that reduces cool downs on crit is completely broken and will allow you to level so much in the arena that you'll eventually be able to have every single skill and roll the boss.

I don't remember what the highest wave I got to was, but my guy is level 63.

iirc the end game arena crushing build has the bard/ranger cool down gimmicking skills, the paladin screen wide smite thing, smoke bomb, and all the spells that hit many times (for more crits). The best is the witch cyclone, but caltrops and blizzard are both good for getting tons of crits.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

BigRed0427 posted:

What about Hearthstone?
Every kid would need an account and every account would have to go through the tutorial first.

If you want to create a cacophany of beautiful noise, you could try SoundPrism or Figure, it's pretty easy to make something that sounds good in either of those.

OLO game, or Ten, or Marble Mixer are all pretty fun and easy to pick up. Entanglement can play up to 6 on one device, and I think Slingshot Racing supports up to 4 players on one iPad.

You could get them all playing Morph'em at the same time maybe?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I just grabbed a new in box Logitech PowerShell Game Controller for my iPhone for 34 bucks today from Target. It's on clearance!

Works awesome with GBA4iOS and Secret of Mana so far.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Silversword is so great. Scratches all my Bard's Tales itches Just Right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
All right, here's the new thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3659022

• Locked thread