Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
It asks you your country, and sends you a code for the right store.

The only iPad app seems to be Mass Effect, nothing else is universal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I found some gold, and now I'm prepping for a steel-powered mining trip beyond the iron ore zone. Well, I'm assuming its more of the same with more gold, but my house is only made of marble and glass right now. It needs some gold.

I really like the way the character moves, especially when they're fresh out of bed. Hop, skip, jump over the gap, drop down, carefully backwards through the narrow bit, swing across the ceiling and drop to the floor. if I was controlling them directly it would be much more boring.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Build a press, press seeds. I use sunflower seeds, the left side of the map from my house has about thirty of them. I just run from one end to the other when they drop seeds and its feeding my lantern habit nicely.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I had no idea you could mine oil. Are there any good sources of clay, or should I just use a good shovel on whatever I find near the surface?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
So you know Slitherine, who made popular turn-based wargame Battle Academy? They're making a 40K game. It'll be released on iPad and PC.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Oh, Talisman, I remember why I loathe you. The troll training mission - required to unlock most of the game - took 47 agonising turns. It boils down to "roll a 6 on movement." No amount of fate points seemed to help.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Kolta posted:

Can anyone recommend a good flight sim that puts you in the cockpit for the iPad?

F-Sim Space Shuttle. It only does landings, but they're good ones.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Jet Ready Go posted:

Oh GOD.. guys? GUYS?

Here's a review of a PERSONA WEATHER APP for iPhone owners.

Best of all its free

Am I the only one who wants to scream until you update your drat apps? 60! You're on wifi, you have no excuse!

I went back and reinstalled Dungeon Raid last night. I then had dreams about it, once I finally slept. I hate the way some games get into your head, but I needed something to stop my mind doing the same over Fairway Solitaire. Help :(

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
They're really not groggy at all, and not over-simplified - I'd be happy with that level of crunch in a fast-play wargame from GMT or some other traditional publisher. There's depth to play around with, and if you're playing the AI, the different scenarios and AIs do make a big difference to the game. There's a Lite version of Bulge. I haven't tried it, but it should give you a feel for the game.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
You could do that in the original Sonic 2, glad it made it into the port.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Sonic 2 is the best Sonic and the recent update added Hidden Palace Zone, so buy that first. Sonic CD scares and confuses me, and Sonic 1 is great but it's no Sonic 2.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Is Sonic Spinball's port any good?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

I don't know if I missed everyone talking about it or what, but Hoplite is a really good game, you guys. It's a stripped down, puzzle-y roguelike. The gameplay is sort of 868-HACKish in its extreme minimalism and it has the same mechanics-based puzzler feel to it. For $2 I really can't recommend it enough.

This is absolutely true, it's a really good game. I'd say it feels more satisfying than most puzzly-roguelikes, to me - stuff like Desktop Dungeons just ends up feeling like a boring puzzle game, but the way movement and combat work together in Hoplite means it feels as satisfying to murder things as roguelikes with dice and stuff. Pocket Tactics gave it five stars. The screen's maybe a tiny bit too cramped on my phone, but I have big fingers and still haven't had any problems playing it.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Arcturas posted:

In Hoplite, does anyone take anything other than the Regeneration ability on floor 6?

I know you don't get any reward for killing, but when it all lines up right and Agility lets you clear the floor in one endless chain of free moves it's hard to imagine taking anything else.

The other one's been useful occasionally though.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
You should.

Also, Agility in Hoplite isn't broken, it's a trap that tempts you into thinking you can take the whole level and that the next one won't be too hard even though you're on 2 HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Javid posted:

Also the ultimate potion you can buy which is supposed to heal full health only heals 10,000 health. This despite costing twice as much as the second highest potion which heals 9000.

It also clears status effects, which can be nasty.

• Locked thread