Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
Lurked the last thread for quite awhile for the past year and have countless recommendations because of it. But to compile my own list I've gotten it down to my three must-haves (I use both an iPad 2 and iPhone 4S):

Super Hexagon - This is the best time waster on iOS. You can play it in small amounts since the games only last typically under a minute or so. I always come back to this when I'm in line somewhere or waiting.

Letterpress - Fantastic use of strategy and word game. If you can find someone to play you at a constant rate (and won't cheat) this game really is one of the best games for iOS.

The Walking Dead - I really wanted to hate this game. The over saturation of zombie games / movies / comics / etc. have really ruined the entire premise for me. Also counting that I'm not a big fan of the show or the comic, this was probably a game not meant for me. I took a look at it because of the previous threads high remarks and I'm incredibly glad I did. Game of the year material, and it really felt like I was playing something impactful. Buy this game.

There are plenty of other fantastic options, but these three have me coming back for more since they've been released. Fantastic thread and thanks for all the goon recommendations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

So many good games out today. Anyone play the new Joe Danger? This'll be my first time playing a game in the series and it controls fantastic. Again, can't really compare it to the other ones but so far it's really fun in short bursts.

Wanted to avoid The Blockheads since the last thing I need is another Minecraft addiction but you all pulled me right in :ohdear:. There goes all my productivity for the day

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

In on the Life is Magic ign: OMGzKakaniz level 4 Monk. As others have said you kinda need to have a party it seems. Game still is kinda odd to me, being as I live in a small town I have already run out of buildings to influence. Any reason you can just spam influence the buildings for xp or did I miss something in the tutorial?

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

This is my first time playing through CoH and this may be blasphemy but I'd much rather just fight then deal with the story. The actual math three gameplay is seriously a blast.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

Maybe it's just me (on a 4s) but playing CoH has been a blast. Granted, I've never played this game on any platform yet but have always wanted too. Once I found out you can zoom in it changed everything for me. Now the campaign is pretty horrible and boring and I have to agree - a campaign more like puzzle quest would have been immensely better, but so far it was definitely worth the purchase.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

Anime_Otaku posted:

Downloaded Pixel People, it's good stuff so far, land expansion that can be purchased with the currency earned in game rather than trying to get cash off you... FANTASTIC!

You can actually play? I downloaded it and it immediately crashes before I can even do anything. Have reinstalled and all (on a 4s). Was pretty excited to try this too.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

For those crashing on Pixel People once you start it or during the tutorial: just delete the game and the iCloud save (in settings) then redownload it. Worked great for me.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

Finished Little Inferno today and it was well worth the price. The ending was pretty incredible. Anyone play World of Goo? I haven't seen much talk about it and always made an excuse not to buy it but Little Inferno and World of Goo look to go hand-in-hand. This thread ends up costing me so much money :ohdear:

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

Really loving Jones on Fire. Bought the doubler almost immediately. It's definitely a game that plays better than what the pictures show (not to say it looks bad, just didn't quite understand what it was I was seeing). Between this and Punch Quest I'm so addicted to these endless runners :(

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

Axiem posted:

Actually, one of the things I'm liking about Jones on Fire is the distinct stagey feel of it. Slightly less "endless".
Yeah this really seems to add something that has me wanting to play more. Trying to get further and further. Any future plans to expand the leader boards to see things like Hazard levels?

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

Congrats nimblebit on the new game and becoming billionaires. Anxiously waiting a release date, as I do with all of your games.

Anyone pick up Dead Mans Draw? It starts out slow and a bit boring but amps up quickly. I can't stop playing it; reminds me of my drat Dungeon Raid addiction.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

With Tiny Death Star hitting the google play store when can iOS when can we expect it? I'll be refreshing this thread / the App Store all day now ughh.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

Fazana posted:

It's apparently only out in an Aussie beta on Android so unless you really like refreshing the thread you can stop for a few days! It's buggy as hell out of the gate and needs quite a bit of polish before it has the charm of Nimbles own games.

Good to know. Back to sending trains to and from endlessly. Really looking forward to doing the Tiny Tower thing all over again (drat you Nimblebit)

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

Sorry if this had been posted a million times before but started playing Simpsons: Tapped Out. If anyone still plays I could use some friends. IGN: sscheuf. Thanks pals

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

eeenmachine posted:

The alternation between F2P practices analysis/vilification and requests for Simpsions: Tapped Out friend codes are what make this thread great.

To be fair, still waiting for Tiny Death Star daggnabbit :( Then we can continue to complain about F2P!

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

Just to add to the TDS chat, I think it might be people just burned out on TT. I hardly played TT and I'm loving TDS (with no IAP purchased and at 30 floors or so). I've had no need to buy bux and I love seeing the next floor I'm building. Feels exactly like the same goal as TT gave me. Great game fellas.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

robodex posted:

I still play TT once in a while to try and fill the last 2-3 dream jobbers I need. Obviously no longer checking it 2-3 times a day but if I'm bored on the subway I'll play it.

The issue is that even with some amazing improvements, TDS just ups the friction so much that it's plain not fun to play. You can play it without buying IAP, but it's not designed to be played that way. All of the cool things that made TT fun and bearable to play are turned way down in TDS.

Maybe I'd agree if I played TT more in the past. I get plenty of bux / money overtime (using the strategy een posted of cycling dream jobs) and I am still opening two levels per day when levels cost 100,000+ now. Just completed the third elevator. Not trying to defend the IAP structure of the game, but it is easier coming from not having played TT. Lately I only play to restock the 3rd tier of stock and typically ignore the fast stocking ones. That became the biggest drag for me, the 5-11 minute items to stock that sell so quickly. I can definitely see why some people may not like it, but just wanted to throw some love for it regardless.

e: Also for those saying the imperial missions don't do anything: I ended up just using supply officers constantly and finally built the communication center. Now all my missions give me 45k+ gold per completion. They're definitely worth it, especially since I saved so much parts while I was ignoring building for the communication center.

OMGzKakaniz fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Nov 12, 2013

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

Shwqa posted:

Anyone with an ipad2 want to tell me how FTL plays on it? I'm getting worried that my ipad2 can play it, but will crash a lot.

Fwiw I'm running it on a first gen iPad mini and it is running just fine (I've noticed 0 slowdown and am 5 sectors in). I'm assuming it's the same specs as the ipad 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

Just a short review on DQ8 (5 hours in; iPhone 5S):

Game works a lot better than I imagined it would. I was pretty skeptical and I do not tend to buy full games because I can't stand touch controls. Auto run (where you only control the camera) really stands out here and I hardly ever use the actual analog controls. Battles can be set up tactically making them move fast as you grind your way to success. There is noticeable slowdown in frames but nothing that interferes with my enjoyment.

If you're on the fence, especially considering the controls, do note that this game works a lot better than you might think. I would avoid playing this on iPad however. One handed play seems easier than holding a mini or an iPad Air.

• Locked thread