Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007
Love is the stuff inside.

Shalinor posted:

If you can ever find a solid repro of that bug, do tell. I know people have seen it off and on throughout development, but I've never seen it myself.

EDIT: I love vanity metrics. Over 700,000 kitties have already been saved in Jones On Fire :3:

This happens pretty reliably to me when sliding through fire directly before an upwards ramp. It happens so fast I cannot be sure if the ramp is solid or one of the bridge looking ramps, but in all cases, I have been sliding, just passed through a fire barrier, and slid i to an upwards ramp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007

Dragonrah posted:

I bought this, but I'm a bit intimidated. My 4x experience is limited to the civs. Any advice or websites I should check out?

If you would like to play Starbase Orion with me and a couple of other goons working our way through some fun multiplayer vs AI, you can PM me, or add me as a GameCenter friend (Yolkfolk)
That goes for any of you other Starbase Orion players too!

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007

eeenmachine posted:

Here are a few more Nimble Quest codes if anyone wants em:

4R346NYLX36J
4L4HAAHT4NN3
THLRNWX37MRN
FN4X3XNNPHTE

Missed them all. Oh well.

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007
Frozen Synapse is indeed cross platform. I picked it up for the iPad after loving it on the mac. Send games my way! FS name is 'Yolkfolk'

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Colossatron chat - has anyone played enough of it to say which are the better weapons? I'm looking to start permanently unlocking a few but there's some drat many.

I Prestiged the first time using mostly the green proximity repair module and whatever mix of weapons i had available. The purple repair drones also worked well, but my first unlock was the green one. I also very much liked the blue lightning ball shooter!

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007
I would love to be able to sell my awful Electrium Mining ship.
I know that someone out there has the other side of the coin, but my ship has eaten twelve loads of rocks and produced me nothing.

I do think that a mine until full option would make the game a little too effortless, as you would only have to check in to mine, and refine, and then mine again.

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007
If you upgrade the cargo capacity of a rock mining ship in Electrium, the capacity goes from 100 to 125. Unfortunately, the refining process works in multiples of 20, meaning you are left with 5 units of rock.
Four mining trips later, you have 105/125 capacity, and are not allowed to fill the rest of the space. If you refine it, you refine 4 batches, and are back down to that same 5 units.
The upshot of all this is that upgrading your ship gives you exactly one extra large refining job, and then is useless.

You need to be able to fill up remaining space with a whole mining job, or the refining needs to be done in batches of 25, or the extra capacity upgrade needs to only add 20 extra units of space.

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007

FlashBangBob posted:

Yeah... I don't like the way upgrades are done right now. They are meant to be small upgrades that you could dump extra elements later in the game when you started to get close to the 8 ship cap. They are, however, underwhelming. Atomic and Cargo are both really add no benefit for their cost. I will probably do away with the cargo upgrade entirely, and turn Atomic into something like, "Adds a small chance to find Electrium to your refining jobs" -- which would make the Lava and Arctic Miners have a 2-8% chance (based on the upgrade level) to find Electrium for a Refine, and Electrium Miners would increase their 25% and 60% chance to find Electrium to a 40% and 80% chance respectively. I'd also lower the cost greatly.

Also, Thwomp Limited went from having 10 bids on the first go around to nearly 80 tonight. Went from $0.01 to $153.30. Stellar guys, making me proud.

Cargo upgrades would be just great if they let you get an extra set of minerals refined each time. What is odd is that refining happens in multiples of 20, and mining in multiples of 25.
If both mining and refining happened in the same amount, then a cargo upgrade of that same amount would let you do more every set of missions.

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007
Has anyone got 20 items or more in their Electrium bid history tab, and can see them all?
My bid history tab only holds 20 items, and as the completed stock sales do not clear from the top, I cannot see the results of my most recent bids.

e: In 12 hours or so, I will not even be able to press any stock sales to complete them, as they will not appear below the 20 completed stock sales I will have had at that point.

e2: Thanks FlashBangBob for fixing things faster than I can type.

Yolkfolk fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 9, 2014

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007

Javid posted:

I don't think whale applies since you can't IAP currency. Probably some heavy poopsocking involved, though!

No poopsocking required, I only have 4 resource ships and one fuel ship to click on anyway (and one Electrium miner gathering dust)
With the stock market the way it is, I make little bit of money when everyone else makes theirs. Sadly, on the day I resolved to try a new money making scheme, I underestimated my own stock value and was priced out of my own company :(

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007

FlashBangBob posted:

So in Electrium, Albumen was able to accelerate his cash on hand to the point where he was buying nearly 250K+ of single resources at one point, the market influence would then trigger from these trades and would most likely move the element in the direction to his profit. It wasn't gartuanteed, but from what I'm seeing, he'd take an element and usually it would move from like $2.10 to $2.25ish. If you think about that on a trade of 250K of a resource, he'd make nearly $40K from that one transaction alone. Granted this was available to anyone that got to his point as well, but I think it was pretty clear player influence was flawed and it needed to be disabled. Nice job, though.

It is the end for Eggshire Hathaway!
When you bought a lot of one resource, the game seemed to respond as though there were genuine demand for that item, and raise the price for it quite quickly. You were then able to resell the item without limit back into the same market at the current purchase price.
Perhaps you could limit the extent to which one player could influence the price, while still allowing aggregate high sales or purchases from many players to add up to a more weighty influence.
You might also consider delaying the onset of a player generated influence by a much longer time, to reduce the chance to recycle gains made from one resource quickly into the next while the first recovers to a more normal price.
If you wanted to be really quite strict, you could give each player a limit to the storage of minerals in their HQ, which they could upgrade over time. This would prevent exponential growth in the amount of resources that you would otherwise need to achieve the results I did.

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007
I tried to make suggestions that would prevent the runaway profit making that was possible while not affecting the more normal methods of making money. Perhaps the Electrium auditors are going to come over and wheel out all my paperwork. Those shares might turn out to be worthless. :ohdear:

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007

Sunblood posted:

Erm, shouldn't I have ended up with a share of AlbuMen?

AlbuMen shares from yesterday were removed, but all shareholders were refunded their bid price. Do re-bid, but do not expect a 60,000 dividend!

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007

Notorious QIG posted:

Get this game, it's amazing. I haven't played for a while but if you get it and want a goon to play against my username in-game is "quiggy".

And mine is Yolkfolk. Although I play a little slowly during the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007

Notorious QIG posted:

Yup, that's me. Saw electrium hit 350, said there's no way this is going lower, and went all-in. I fell from the top ten to #28.

I lost a lot of money destroying ships, and then more having electrium on hand.

• Locked thread