Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Zeryn posted:

iTunes Connect was down from 12/21 - 12/28. It still takes time to get through review, but new versions/apps should start showing up again shortly.

This reminded me that Star Command is supposedly going to see limited release this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

"Jones on Fire" made me wish for an iOS version of "Jones In The Fast Lane". What a great one-of-a-kind game that was.

I saw Touch Arcade dated Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes for January 24th. Can't wait!

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes is out in NZ. Excited to play this!

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Man I bought this game on Steam and completely ignored it :/ dunno if I should buy it again for iPad but it seems like the perfect iPad game.

I played through it on the DS, and it was fun enough for me to go through again, especially since the Steam/XBLA version are improved and remade (I believe).

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Kepa has a cool article up at the Penny Arcade Report:

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/when-a-huge-audience-isnt-enough-how-punch-quest-tweaked-an-economy-into-pr

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

hogswallower posted:

I hated it. Not anything like game dev story, just some weird "move people around to fill up meters and fail a lot" simulator. One of the few games out of hundreds I've absolutely disliked after buying. I might just be an rear end in a top hat though.

Basically my experience. My Kairosoft addition has lead me to a few bad purchases where people would say "this is like a Kairosoft game", and this was one.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

What's the latest in Star Command blown deadline watch?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Fazana posted:

I only caught mentioned of that today on Joystiq saying it was out "soon" and hopes were high because of the name behind it. I'm downloading it as I type, it appears to be a monster building strategy game with local or online multiplayer. It's freemium and from a completely unscientific check of what the IAP shows in the appstore it appears you buy some of the units/themes that way.

Edit: Not what I expected at all, it's like a board game and not the builder type I had expected. I will check it out at the weekend, see if I can get my son to play me at it to see whats what.

Yeah, it struck me as a bad boardgame. Was excited given the lineage, but given how it plays right now, I wouldn't tell you statesiders to get excited. :(

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Star Command, May 2nd.

http://toucharcade.com/2013/04/29/set-phasers-to-fun-star-command-is-finally-hitting-may-2/

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I'm a dummy and don't understand how Star Command dodges work.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Lone Wolf is coming. Months away, but TouchArcade just had a preview.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I feel bad playing it, considering how slavishly they held to KR mechanics and presentation and, well, everything.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Wow, Band Stars by Half Brick is exactly what an IAPisation of Game Dev Story by Kairosoft would be expected to be, with the art style changed.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Orvin posted:

I have been playing Fizz and really enjoying it. It has a good Kairosoft vibe.

I do have a question though. I came in second place on the Copper Cask event. Is it possible to come in first, or am I scripted to lose. I just noticed in the event notes that I have a success for that event.

Pretty sure it was scripted, from my playthrough the main plot.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Republique season pass is 0.99$! Don't sleep on that.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I liked Kingdom Rush - should I get Tower Dwellers?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I liked the Walking Dead Telltale game a lot, but I think I may like the Wolf Among Us even better - which I never would have guessed.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Fuel is definitely the aspect of Out There I can't make work.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

If anyone has a link to a good strategy post/discussion for Battleheart Legacy, I'd love to read it. Always get nervous about stunting my characters just because I don't understand how I'm intended to play a game.

edit: io_burn, don't suppose you've got one of these in the pipeline along with the review?

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Acapulco is under siege, and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do.

• Locked thread