Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

SKULE123 posted:

This reminded me that Star Command is supposedly going to see limited release this month.

*cue laughter track*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Maybe they should start a kickstarter.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I started playing Simpsons Tapped Out and I need friends, please add 'redlikeyou'.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I used this for tapped out friends and it worked pretty well: http://www.tappedoutfriends.com/

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I didn't even get more than one hero to one star before I got bored :shrug: Atleast with this goon darling I didn't have to pay two cool ranch doritos tacos like I did with ridiculous fishing.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A certain building unlocks the ability to 'rotate' but it's more like literally flipping the image. You can't actually turn for example a horizontal 2 block into a vertical 2 block or turn those Ls around.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

So what you're saying is you personally haven't hit the paywall yet. Five expansions doesn't sound very far in the game if I know my Pixel People comparisons.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Well 4 weeks is fair enough sorry for jumping on you. Been burned out by posts of people playing for a few hours raving how this and that is the best thing and they can't sleep at night over it.

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 5, 2013

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I would not say Cafe Nippon was complex at all, it's also not very good. It's extremely flawed in that having a diverse menu works against you so it's better to just have a single super food and that the worker classes are also not very well thought out.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

It's a cute and charming game, and keeping tabs on everything during battles is exciting and fun. I really like it.

We heard you the first time.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I got one of the codes but it needed a higher ios version than the one my card can support to allow me to use my phone as a phone so welp.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Get Kingsturn if you need a recommendation. I've been playing it for my commute every single day since someone recommended it here a while ago. It's free to try too.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

There's always that old classic Space Miner I think it was called.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Heroes in the Kingdom Rushes are not worth spending money at all since like the first one you can't bring them to the challenge levels.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The top right button when you touch the star takes you to a webpage with supposedly all the forms. But still images can't portray their animated horror.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Here's some of the lines the alpaca say in the 7th and 8th evolution since people asked for it

When hitting:
My bad~
Ow!
Take that.
Oops I tripped
How weak
I'll absorb you tomorrow

Otherwise:
ha ha ha...
I want to discover my true self~
I feel like crying
This really hurts
So tedious
I'm sleepy~
Man I'm pooped
I can't take it anymore...
Oh man...
I'm already giving it my all
Heh that's wrong
Don't say that.
A piece of cake I say.
Common sense can go take a hike.
My body hurts.

There's also some other lines that disappear too fast for their length to decipher oh well

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Touch the yellow star

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Alpaca evolution level 9, what. :stare:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Whoa spoilers.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

:laugh: That's what I thought too.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Yes but it's not that long. 20 full respawn cycles just like the levels before.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

You're enamoured with a basic RTS concept?? Jesus Christ is there a way for you to bottle up your childlike joy and wonder and sell it to world? I watched the trailer and now I don't even want anything further to do with this game because it gave me a drat headache with the lens flare transition every half a second.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Will the alpaca nightmare ever end

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Man I'm on the sixth evolution level of the left choice in alpaca 2. Alpaca 1 was consistently creepy all the way through but this has slowly taken a turn for the sad/depressing. What is going to happen next :f5:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

It's definitely better if you can read the descriptions since that gives you context of what the hell is going on. Also I can't believe alpaca 2 pulled a goddamn to be continued on me. I guess the reason why they don't give you 2x exp for your second playthrough is because you're supposed to do both path which counts as a single full playthrough? maybe? I'm only on lvl5 at the right side atm.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I heard anime. Is someone talking about anime in the ios games thread.

Hi what are you guys favoriter anime, mine is the one with the really big eyes.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The alpacas are blameless and innocent. It's those damnnit anime bartenders.

Also man I want those plushies:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Anywho, does anyone know why Fantasica isn't very popular or similar in popularity as Puzzle and Dragon? I would think that a game with turret defense instead of the bejeweled like as gameplay would be easy to catch on. Is it because you can't get the best things unless you pay? I would imagine the average player doesn't really care about it.

Well does it have nearly the depth and strategy, and weekly events and updates that PAD has?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

You made me curious enough to check the link and bam it's right there in the description explaining it. C'mon JDM3 step your anime game up.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The alpaca struggle continues.

More importantly they finally added a mute button, Jesus Christ only took five million downloads for them to do it. Now they gotta add a mute button in the sequel.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Scallywags just sent me a drat notifications to play it. Off to the void you go. God drat why do developers think annoying you is a good tactic.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

haveblue posted:

Someone somewhere has a handful of graphics proving that doing this results in more money than not doing it.

Those better be line graphs with dongs for lines.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Kingturn Plus status: still owns.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Helmacron posted:

Same thing is happening with Sky Tourist. Apparently it's getting demolished with bad reviews from people with iPad 1's or something.

I said it before, it sucks being this close to the developer. The appstore is encrusted with their dried pathetic tears.

Whoa you were close to the developers of sky tourist? Could've fool me.

In other news, Dream House by Kairosoft has been out for a few days now on the japanese app store https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/dream-house-days/id643631071?l=en&mt=8

Was hoping to see it in the us store by now but I might just pick up since I do have a jp account and it's already in english.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

You should probably keep PAD chat in one of the PAD threads, that's what they were made for after all!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Anyone trying out Freak Tower? If so add me: 87Q90Y

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Didn't he say something about diagonals. Maybe he meant that.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Get Kingturn. Make sure before your ride you try out the free missions a little bit to see if you like the feel and then get the $5 iap to unlock the full game. It's a good 15+ hours game.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Awww jeah gimme some loving energy timers in P&Z3. 1 sunpower to play a first world level, 2 sunpower to play a second world level etc, sunpower regens 1 at every 10 minutes, max of 6 sunpower. Pay $1 to refill 1 sunpower, $5 to refill 6. A weekly subscription of $10 to raise the sunpower max to 18 and boost regen time to 3 sunpower every 10 minutes. Hire me EA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Greenllama posted:

So considering some random guy by himself made it and it seems to be an extremely low quality game, though it does have addicting gameplay, how did flappy bird get so ridiculously popular so fast?

Because of this: http://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/why-on-earth-is-this-borderline-crappy-impossibly-hard-game
Suspicious activities made it on the top of the charts which would then naturally keep it on the top of the charts.

• Locked thread