Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Holy poo poo I got an iPhone 5 the other day and gaming on it is so much better than on my old 4. Vice City and NFS Most Wanted look and run amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

It would be nice if they loving updated it for Retina and the iPhone 5. It hasn't had an update for almost three years.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

If I have old games that are no longer on the App Store (like the Fighting Fantasy series) how the heck do I get them off my old iPhone 4 and onto my 5? I extracted them with iExplorer but that just gave me a useless folder full of various game files and not the .app file. And since the game isn't on the App Store anymore I can't really just download them from the cloud or something.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

No, I've never synced this iPhone with this computer so none of its apps are stored on it.

Edit: Nevermind, I was able to find the "transfer purchases from" button and that seems to have done it.

roboshit fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 14, 2013

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

iPad gamer dudes, do you guys recommend the 16gb or 32gb iPads? I plan on getting one next month for school and games, and I don't see myself using more than 16gb considering I won't have any music at all on it. Do iPad games eat up storage space pretty quickly?

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

I think you need like loving 4.5gb total free during installation, then it's like 2gb.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

VideoGameVet posted:

We just released a new slots game, Slots Cash ..

But it's only available in the United Kingdom. Sorry.

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/slots-cash/id674667373?mt=8

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTBpmXE0adk

as an 88yo grandma i approve of ur app. thanks

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

So most iOS games should have iCloud saves by now right? So when I get my iPad Air later this week my Oceanhorn save on my iPhone should carry over?

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

webmeister posted:

Has there been any further indication as to when San Andreas is hitting the store? I know they originally said "December", but I haven't heard anything since then.

TA said either the 5th or the 12th, so hopefully this Thursday.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iatwtB6-kHA

20 minute gameplay video of GTA:SA which should be out in North America tonight. poo poo has been upgraded with better graphics (dynamic shadows are the first thing I notice in this video). When I was a teenager playing this game on the PS2 9 years ago I never would have thought that someday I'd be able to play a better version on my phone.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

jerkstore77 posted:

I get excited for this kind of release for about 30 seconds when I realize that the novelty of playing a game like this on my phone is offset by the reality of touch controls.

Eh, III/Vice City controlled pretty well IMO and SA will have iOS 7 controller support.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

Sorry if this has been asked a lot.

How have people found Xcom on a iPhone, particularly a 4s? I'm thinking of picking it and although the 360 version is about the same price preowned I need a train game.

It's pretty good on my 5, and yeah it sucks the battery dry pretty fast. I can see it being a lot better on an iPad though.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

The rear end Stooge posted:

Can anyone who's bought San Andreas tell me how much space it takes up once it's installed?

1.9GB

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

San Andreas looks really good with the upgraded graphics on my 5. Now I own this loving game on every system it was ever released on.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Behonkiss posted:

I'm thinking about picking up San Andreas, despite still owning the original Xbox version (I liked what I played of it, but didn't get very far before something else caught my attention), both due to the portability factor and the improvements they've apparently made with the graphics and checkpoints. Has anyone played it on an iPhone yet? I'm wondering just how well that control scheme actually translates to touch, as I watched YouTube footage of the Vice City port and that looked kind of wonky to me.

It works well on an iPhone 5 and on my brand new iPad Air. R* has improved the touch controls with each port they've done.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

TACD posted:

I don't see Chinatown Wars on the App Store - is it US only? I have it on DS but since that mostly gathers dust now I should probably pick it up for my current mobile gaming platform...

It was removed from the App Store because Rockstar dropped support for it a long time ago and it wasn't updated for iOS 7.

I didn't read the thread. But I also don't see Chinatown Wars either and I'm on the US store.

Edit: go to San Andreas and click on R*'s profile, it's in there.

roboshit fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 21, 2013

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Stan S. Stanman posted:

Anyone play telltale's the walking dead season 1 game on iOS? I saw season 2 was just released. I played the first one over steam on PC, I think, and really liked it. I just picked up an air for Xmas and was debating getting a few games for it. I wasn't sure what the experience was like on the ipad. Should I stick with PC?

I really think the Walking Dead games are best on iOS since they're point and click games anyway. It looks great on the Air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

I understand original minecraft pocket edition was poo poo and not worth bothering with, but they've been steadily updating it - is it worth getting now? I've never played minecraft, only watched my nephew, and am doing some travelling soon and would like something new to play. I generally hate any obviously dumbed down iOS versions of things, eg iPad Civ was just terrible. If not I may just replay XCOM on iron mode or something. Also any news on when FTL is coming out on iOS?

It's been updated with a lot of stuff but it still suffers from the same lovely controls that plague all first person iOS games. I have it on my iPad and it's not easy to click on blocks to destroy them.

• Locked thread