Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

^^^ the issue is one of the town rank upgrades, which requires what's really a quite high monthly income for where you are. Fortunately, you get the circus right around then, which makes hella money.

io_burn posted:

Keep in mind, willingness to stick around is the most important qualification. I've been dealing with this really irritating trend recently of people just vanishing shortly after I get their paperwork all set up. I think three of our best writers had zero pre-TouchArcade games writing experience beyond just being forum posters here and other places.

I used to write for JayIsGames back in late high school/early college freelance, and I've been meaning to get back on board. I can't guarantee too much in terms of time per week, but I'll stick around for a good while, probably. I'll shoot you an email in a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

marshmonkey posted:

This will be a lot more impressive after the beta opens up.

I am unbelievably excited for this and I'm not entirely sure why.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

iOS Games Megathread: I've heard good things and Nathan Fillion is great.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Captain Matchbox posted:

Anyone playing Beastie Bay? I seem to end up running out of food early on, just after the shop keeper joins your island.

Wait, it's out? I don't see it in the store.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Dumb question i'm sure. Can I buy in-app purchases with appstore credit or are they solely credit card? I have a few giftcards from the holidays, but i pretty much got most apps i'm interested in already. Just wondering if its possible.

Yeah, it'll default to gift card balance first, then any outstanding balance would go to a credit card.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Telex posted:

This is a few days late but I got the thing on Android a while back so if it's the same stuff...

Basically you want to get a School, surround it with monster homes, then on the edges (the three squares that touch the monster houses on each side) you put forests, beside each forest you put a person's house. On the edge of the forests, you put two solar panels and a placeholder in the middle and then fill the corners with whatever. Surround the whole thing with as much road as you can. Once you get a hot rocks, put it in between the two solars and you turn all the trees into Legendary Trees.

There's one spot on the map where you can chain 3 sets of this together on the map (just visualize it, it's tough to describe) and after that you'll get poo poo tons of levels for you guys.

If you're on your first playthrough, put clinics in the middle and your characters recover faster. Cycle through your characters and the caves to get them leveled up, don't keep to the same party.

Your best monsters are Princess Prin, Kairobot and the little Wairobots. (the big ones are not great).

Buy handkerchiefs and whatever those upgrades are and assign them to all your dudes and they'll chop more wood and get more food.

This (to me) is the most developed and deep game they've done. To finish it you more or less need a full team of ~L60 monsters, and that takes a while!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaugh When will this game come out statesside? Have they said anything?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

There's no :3: big enough for how excited I am about this.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

SilverMike posted:

Yeah that'd be a great building to know. Who'd you mix for it?

Industrialist (Salesman + Salesman) gives access to Enterprise, where you can buy it.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

They are pretty good.

Anyone know how to get Tech Support? It seems to elude me :(

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

elmer fud posted:

I need a new addicting game, I just finished puzzlecraft, and I'm over puzzles and dragons. Can anyone help me fail some classes this semester?

Have you done New Star Soccer?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Dvlos posted:

Well that sucks, does that mean the game has a limit on people (have to delete buildings/landscape to get all the jobs?)

Also what does "spirit" do to your areas? I added a couple of spirit parks around residential areas but not sure what it does.

It gives discounts to timers and upgrade costs.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Bummey posted:

It's good, but not the best. You should Grand Prix Story if you haven't. It's really loving good.

I quite like GPS too. Although now that I have the supercharger as my carryover part, I don't really lose races anymore. :shobon:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

AggroJagg posted:

Has anyone got any tips for beastie bay?

It's an odd feeling game, the main player character never seems to respond to your directions when you input them, but does them in his own lazy rear end time, I keep forgetting its a kairosoft timer bar game at heart.

Robin's a dick, yeah. Still loving it. Me and my murderpup tearin' it up :3:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

You could have a pop up before asking permission explaining what push notifications would and wouldn't do.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Wasn't there a Kairosoft thread? Or did that fall into the archives?

If its gone I might take a shot at making an OP tonight.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I decided to bite the bullet and made a Kairosoft megathread. Please come post in it, maybe? I don't want to be a failure. :smith:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3533605

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Rexicon1 posted:

Wait, did it delete your cloud save when you uninstalled it? Isn't the whole point of cloud saves that it... saves it?

Due to iCloud problems, they removed support in an update today. I don't know if they didn't fix the move exploit or not.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shwqa posted:

As a guy I am also pretty sick of giant anime tits in video games.

As a gay I am always pretty sick of giant anime tits in video games.

I'm almost positive that it has to work, that there are guys dull enough to go "phwoar, lookit dem boobs" and click and download just to stare at breasts while they're playing, because why else would they keep doing it? I mean, I guess that's why Dead or Alive went from a fighting game series to a boobjiggling game series.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shalinor posted:

... I don't mean to derail a sex talk with sex talk, but uh, what is up with your avatar? Is there a story behind that?

In a GBS thread Morally Inept (who has a title linking to a post he made where he acknowledged having sex with his dog) said that Pistorius would get away with the killing because rich guys can buy their way out of anything. I thought he was being self-aggrandizing so I asked him how much it cost him to get away with what he did with his dog.

Apparently it cost, like, ten bucks.

RIP Teddybear Picnic Lyme Disease Awareness Title, 2010--2013. You were big, silly, and purple. Just like me. :smith:

If you have a suggestion for a new one I'm probably gonna get one tonight, it's gonna derail too many threads. I'm leaning towards just a big :3:, but with the current title that comes off as... Menacing.

Teddybear fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 20, 2013

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Bummey posted:

The text will disappear, also, if you buy a new avatar.

Oh! ... that makes sense. All my old titles have been admin given and pictureless so I never really thought about it.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shalinor posted:

... I don't mean to derail a sex talk with sex talk, but uh, what is up with your avatar? Is there a story behind that?

Evil Fluffy posted:

Give yourself a picture of whatever and change the text to a link of his confession?

Bummey posted:

The text will disappear, also, if you buy a new avatar.

Thanks lads, I fixed it. Now I'm officially the corgiest teddybear. :3:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

d3c0y2 posted:

I'm addicted to Beastie Bay, but can anyone tell me if there is a guide for building upgrades. I'm trying to optimise my buildings but I keep accidentally devolving my buildings when I move poo poo around.

There's a guide to remodeling in game that tells you the requirements for upgrading buildings you've discovered.

Also come join our mega thread for Kairosoft stuff. :3:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3533605

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shalinor posted:

Wait, the Dreadmore port was a hoax? ... god dammit :( It's been on my PC for a year, but I keep holding off, because it seems ideal for tablet.

The rumored in-progress FTL port is real, though, right?

Don't hold off on DoD! it's pretty fun anyway. It'd be nice on iOS but that's probably not gonna happen anytime soon...

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Feeling a bit dumb, but I can't figure out how to switch areas in ridiculous fishing. Anyone figure it out?

Map -> click the area. You unlock them as you get new species.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Nimble Quest is pretty neat, y'all. Goon made, goon tested, goon approved. :thumbsup:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Pladdicus posted:

In regards to Dungeon Plunder, it recently received a pretty cool updating balancing things and some ease of life changes. The path makes progression a little bit easier (you start at a higher level now following subsequent runs much easier) and making monsters more unique.

It got me back into it. I had been stalled out around level 6 for a while. It only took one breakthrough and now I'm off to the races. Getting into the intermediate runes helped too.

That game has no business being as fun as it is. I fear that we might be approaching the point where slot machine combat games are becoming a genre, and maybe it's the compulsive gambler in me but I am on fuckin' board.

Also kids playing video games with their parents is never not adorable. I remember playing Tetris against my mom on the original Game Boy-- I was really proud the first time I beat her. (And I'm like 95% sure she didn't go easy on me. ... I think all moms are secretly really good at Tetris. Whenever I bring this up everyone's like "yeah, my mom was a Tetris pro.")

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

So let's say I wanted to get one of the FF games while they're on sale. Which would be best? I'm kinda tempted by 3 or 4, but other than that, I dunno.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

:3: Oh man, this thread is a bad influence on game devs officially!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

SquadronROE posted:

NimbleQuest! Yay... wait, I can't find it. Is it out in the US store? Also, are there any decent RTS games?

It should be within a few hours.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

So FFV, if I wanted to play a FF on my phone/iPad, is the one?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Feenix posted:

I don't think anyone playing NQ wants to necessarily hear about Tiny Tower or a Pocket Frogs...

Yeah, the Kairosoft thread works because Kairosoft games are actually games similar enough in format that they're comparable when discussing them.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The Rokstar posted:

You know though, it still kind of blows my mind that I can load an emulator on my tablet computer that holds around 128 times the amount of data my first computer could hold to play games for a console that didn't even exist yet when I was a kid.

Kids these days will never know the joy of blowing into a NES cartridge for hours trying to get it to work. :sigh:

Any decent emulation should simulate this by requiring you to blow into the microphone.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

VideoGameVet posted:

NimbleQuest: Snake + RPG = hit. (Brilliant)

Puzzle & Dragons: Bejeweled + RPG = hit. (It's Japan)

Nice.

You're the Word Carnivale guy, right? I played that. You don't have a whole lot of room to be throwing shade at other developers, mate.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shalinor posted:

You're right. I was wondering about that even I was typing. Any design with progression has a grind. Hell, I'm playing Lost Planet 2 right now, and that absolutely has a grind, despite being a $60 game from years ago with no IAP or RPG mechanics of any real kind.

I'm probably being unfair in calling IAP games out for being a grind, given that. I couldn't accurately say whether I'd even notice the grind, if currency purchases weren't there to make me think about it. I apologize for saying that of yours.

All I know about LP2's system is that it metes out unlockables through a goddamned slot machine, which is about as grindy as you can get.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The new Kairosoft is out. It's Sushi Spinnery!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-sushi-spinnery/id627818916?mt=8

I haven't had time to play it just yet, but I'll report back either here or in the kairosoft mega thread.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

iron_weasel posted:

You mean our icon is ugly?

And it's listed as "rigonautsipad."

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Iacen posted:

Are they worth anything? I've been unable to get into Kairosoft games since playing Game Dev Story and Mall Story. They just seemed like more of the same.

PLS is pretty fun. Cafe is okay if you're into it pretty deep, but otherwise it's a bit too complex.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Kenny Logins posted:

I've been using the old app and it's updating with price drops etc. just fine. Any reason to switch to this new one?

This one's on the App Store and can be updated, and you might as well have both, since it doesn't replace the other one.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Spaceman Future! posted:

Dunno by iPad only if you mean this is your first apple thing or just the iPad, so I'll just say these so you cant go wrong either way. Search Nimblebit. Download those, all of them. After several months once you come off your Nimblebit high (unless Pocket Trains is a thing, in which case there's like a force multiplier there when it comes out) Rayman Run, Spacechem and Jetpack Joyride if you haven't played the later 2 anywhere else.

Pocket Trains? Come on, it's gonna be Teensy Trains.

Lil' Locomotives.

Cute Cabooses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

If it does end up being Teensy Tracks I demand that a special passenger be a Teddybear with my name and a special cargo be a box of corgis.

Traveling the country, givin' hugs where needed. Ol' Teddybear Traveler and his faithful pup, Corgo.

• Locked thread