Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Has anyone tried War of Eclipse? Looks interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

Bummey posted:

Post a link next time so people can understand what you're talking about.

http://appshopper.com/games/war-of-eclipse

It looks okay but the screenshots don't say much, and neither does the description.

Yeah, I thought about that. There were two reasons I chose not too:

1. I was on my phone, and it would be a huge hassle for me.

2. I figured that anyone who could answer the question would not need the link as they would have already played it and heard of it. :smugdog:

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

Bummey posted:

:siren: Hey assbutts, Ascension just went free. And a new promo card pack was released, too. :siren:

http://appshopper.com/games/ascension-chronicle-of-the-godslayer

Back to 4.99 already?

EDIT: never mind. Had to reload the page in the App Store.

Stumpus fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Sep 17, 2013

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

The description is kind of sparse on important details, like whether there is diplomacy, civ management, etc. what is the rest of the game like beyond the combat system?

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

On the scale of RPG-lites it's a lot lighter than Torchlight and you earn gold to spend in the store making your swords more glowy rather than straight-up loot, but I liked Spellsword more than I think is reasonable.

Edit: recent reviews indicate it has been turned into freemium ad-based garbage so this may be terrible advice.

What was really wack about Spellsword was when they released a content update awhile ago where they essentially reset your character's items and unlocks after you had ground them out. Turned me off to that game.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

uh zip zoom posted:

So I was playing Game of War today, correcting phrases for the translator and this little :psyduck: of a gem popped up:

Wow.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Autumn Dynasty is on sale for $1.99 (normally $6.99). Seems like a pretty smooth RTS for iOS devices. Art style and controls all look great. Haven't played it yet, but will do so next time I have to go poop.

All you should go buy it so you can stop wasting your time and money on dumb puzzle games.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
With regard to fft, and chapter 1, without ruining the game by grinding on the plains, the best way to get through chapter one is to have (1) movement and (2) two forms of support, and (3) tanks.

With regard to movement, grinding out move +1 and wearing battle boots is huge. I think this is the most important thing you can do. You need the extra movement to close the distance with the mages. Also, it lets your guys scale that building quicker.

Support in FFT is huge. There are various supports available with minimal grinding. The obvious ones are chemist and white Mage. Having both doesn't hurt. My personal favorite is monk. Their abilities are more effective but they require more grinding. Furthermore, they can cause more damage than either at that point in the game. They are worth grinding out chakra, aura blast and purification. For white mages, get protect and shell immediately. Time mages are worth it for haste and slow/stop. Haste is crucial for the early advantage.

Knights are your tanks who also deal damage. They are useful for soaking damage from whatever's being thrown at you. I wouldn't waste my time with any of their abilities as they are so risky. If they miss, which they are likely to do, you lose an entire turn.

And here are some general tips. Don't overextend yourself. If you can't make it to them in one move, use that turn to focus or do something else. Focus is huge in the early game. After they overextend, close true gap.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Here are my issues with Out There.

1. I hate how if you lose, you have to go through the entire new game process. There should be a restart option that just puts you right back at the starting star.

2. I think it's dumb that you can't move your ship's tech around to optimize it.

3. I also think it's dumb that even though your flying in a ship that has a shield generator (or any tech) you don't learn how to build that tech. There are random events that happen which are essentially you going on to a ship or station and studying a device which gives you the tech. You should learn the tech your ship currently has.

It's a fun game, but it definitely has its flaws.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Or maybe dismantling gives you a chance to learn the tech.

It's a decent pooper, but I'm hoping there will be some improvements down the line. It's also kind of a depressing game at times.

I'm not completely disappointed I bought it. It's got some decent strategy to it. And when you destroy your drill and then accidentally use up your spare iron, and then desperately search systems for abandoned ships to salvage their tech, it makes you feel like a real survivor.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
I would be fine with them if their stupid arms weren't lifelessly hanging at their sides like a bunch of derping derps.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

Scratch-O posted:

Guests are no longer "brained" . They walk around full solo & yolo

A statement true of today's youth.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
The thing I don't like about Hearthstone that, unlike Magic, there is really only one strategy towards winning. You have to be the one who wins the minion war of attrition. Meaning, the person who ends up with the dominant force on the field will be the one who wins.

In Magic, you could certainly win this way, but you could also construct a deck around direct damage through spells and ways to keep the other player's deck from going off until you get your combo off. You could create a deck in which you gain a significant amount of life and then win with a card that requires a certain life total.

It's fun, but it's not deep enough to hold my attention for long.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Which Ascension in app purchases are worth it if you really liked the base game?

Are they all compatible with the base game? Only one specifically says it is.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
I got $10 of credit to spend. Give me recommendations. I'm not opposed to spending a little more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Regarding Band of Monsters, how do you guys put up with the dialog? Bad grammar aside, even if it was properly written id be sick of it.

• Locked thread