Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Bummey posted:

New Star Soccer!

As much as I love the game, me winning the Premier League title by 18 or so points with my beloved Nottingham Forest a mere 3 years into a game perhaps disqualifies it somewhat from a discussion about "sims" :v:

I've heard mention of http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/iootp-baseball-game/ more than once, although I seem to recall some differings on which years version people should look at. I'm from the wrong side of the ocean to appreciate it myself but it does look very Football manager-y from the screenshots at least.

Fifa 13 supposedly has a decent managerial mode but I ended up deleting it off my ipad before I gave it a proper run due to me constantly being space starved on a 16gig device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Parkingtigers posted:

The Need For Speed: Most Wanted game is loving garbage. I thought for a dollar it might be a bit of a thing to piss about with from time to time when I can't get near the real thing on my PS3. Even for a dollar I feel like I wasted my money though.

Mind me asking why? You opinion about games is usually reasonable but I've been loving nfs when I grabbed it for that price before christmas. The controls are almost as good as Asphalts, the gfx are pretty decent and there seems to be a decent amount of content, hell I even like the way the friend scoring is handled so I can compete with a mate who bought it at the same time.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Seeing the shameless Dungeon Masters (s added to try and avoid being insta-pulled presumably) clone pop up a few days ago just makes me want Legends of Grimrock all the more >.<

I was hoping Kairosoft might have sprung a new game on us in the west since they had a couple of sales in the last month, Pocket League 2 looks interesting and I might even be tempted by the "run your own Arcade" game that quietly sneaked out as well even if it looks like yet another visit to the usual shopping/clothing/mall/school etc well. Add in the still awaited Horse Racing game and Pokemon-ish Beastie Bay and I suppose my Kairoaddiction hasn't completely flamed out yet. We'll probably just get the disappointing looking pyramid game instead...

Fazana fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 9, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Just flicking through the teaser trailers and saw one where they were riding a Donkey, looks like a hell of a lot of depth out of the gate.

How does it handle multiplayer, friend requesting or?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Bah, there's no way to start again in Clans short of using a different Gamecenter name. I tried it around launch and wasn't hooked enough initially to stick around but it looks like they have been beavering away with content updates. I have a few buildings etc lying around but I don't remember jack poo poo or had an idea on what was a decent build order etc to get going.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

jhunt posted:

Is Galaxy on Fire 2 any good?

To provide an alternative to Bummey, I paid full price on the ipad for it and felt it was worth every penny. The tilt controls are great, it looks good and it has tons of content.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

petewhitley posted:

Kairosoft's Beastie Bay is up on the Japan App Store; free-to-play with a $5 option to go ad-free.

It's in English out of the box as well, nice! The account I made for JP P&D came in useful again \o/

To probably no-one at alls surprise, Star Command has been delayed again. The once 100% in January statement has now changed to Sometime, they have announced a worldwide launch instead of a soft launch as previously discussed. This has to just be an elaborate troll by now right?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

triplexpac posted:

Life is Magic isn't available in Canada so it's a dumb game for dummies :colbert:

Same for the UK so I grabbed it from the US store.

As expected there are no buildings near me, I have enough coins to travel to New York, Philadelphia or Boston. Any recommendations?

FazanaSA is my ingame name.

Superschaf posted:

F E V E R !!!

Let's hope this is the good kind of stupid.

I noticed they are selling random characters for IAP in the NZ game description, will await reviews because it looks interestingly different at least!

Fazana fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jan 16, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Duranki posted:

So no Beastie Bay, huh? Disappointing.

It's in full English out of the box so just make a JP account, with it being a free app you don't need to have JP payment details.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Funkmaster General posted:

You lied to me. You need JP payment info to even sign up for a JP account. Now I'm sad.

Sad and wrong, a terrible combination for this time in the morning :v:

Has anyone given Heroes and Castles a look? http://appshopper.com/games/heroes-and-castles

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
It's possibly changed since you set the US account up, in the last few months I've set up US, Canada and JP accounts and they all had to be done through the free app thing to get round the payment restrictions.

Then it's just a case of keeping all the different infos right in your head :psyduck:

So disappointed by that FF release from the comments here and on TA, curse you SE!

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Any Beastie Bay advice from the more addicted out there? I wandered the net awhile but for once a decent guide doesn't seem to be out there or pretty well hidden if it is. It appears there is the typically kairosoft type of building placement mechanics on top of the collecting and tweaking your monster team.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

commander nojj posted:

I dunno if this has been mentioned but mobage has created a final fantasy game, Airborne brigade. It looks lile another card collection game, I'm not sure if it is the same exact formula or whatnot. Anyone tried it out yet?

I did at launch, in a field of depressingly bad clones of RoB etc it stood out as the drizzling shits. Possibly the worst UI I've ever come across, terrible art work, awful game mechanics all played in utter silence. It looks like they were handed off a very early copy of the RoB game engine (which at least in other games has since been worked into something much more useable) and made no attempt to improve it. I've played a lot of freemium games, especially these kind of card games and this was seriously the worst.

If I had to recommend any in this genre I'd go for Fantasica, Blood Brothers or Rage of Bahamut. I believe a few people play the Marvel game as well but it seemed like a 95% reskin of RoB so I didn't bother with it for more than a casual days play.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Nickoten posted:

Yeah Clash of Heroes on the DS was a ton of fun. If the new one has multiplayer on top of that experience it'd be a must-buy.

quote:

- Challenge your friends online or offline, in 1 vs. 1 or in the brand new asynchronous mode.

Sounding pretty good for a $5 title, there's a 22 minute gameplay vid in the TA thread from the remorseless games playing machine Sanuku http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=175649

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
For the four of you that don't read Toucharcade or have the app installed, it seems a mame emulator has sneaked onto the appstore again. Grab it before it's gone!

http://appshopper.com/games/gridlee

http://toucharcade.com/2013/01/26/mame-is-back-in-the-app-store-for-now-with-gridlee/

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Funkmaster General posted:

It's the same emulator that snuck on the app store the last three times, too. You'd think if Apple didn't want it there, they'd stop approving it. This one even admits its running on the emulator. It would have taken the reviewer a few seconds to pop in and see if the ROM file was easily accessible or replaceable.

For that matter, though, why doesn't Apple just allow emulators in the first place? One would assume it to be a piracy-prevention thing, but then it's pretty obvious, looking through the app store, that they don't give any number of fucks about anyone else's IP but their own.

They were fairly clever tbh, you have to run it once before you can start copying files across to it. It extracts the correct mame structure during the first run into the documents folder inside the game, then you need to copy some roms into that newly created roms folder. Until then it's completely transparent it's a mame emulator if you hadn't paid attention to the descriptive text but as soon as it sees extra files in the roms folder it opens out into the mame emulator. I can see how it sneaked past approval, especially considering how lazy they are e.g.Pokemon Yellow etc.

As for the emu, it's the most recent update, a mate who had the last one says this one completely kills the old one with the extra options it has inside it etc.

Shame it's not got the wiimote + classic controller support the jailbroken version has, that would be a thing of beauty.

As for file transfer tools http://itools.hk/cms/webpage31.htm has just replaced iExplorer on my pc, it's much better/faster etc.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 26, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

SteveMcQueen posted:

I tweeted at Gaslamp games about it a while ago but never heard anything. I bought the game on steam and didnt even play it because I just want to experience it on iOS.

There have been a few games like this in the last few months, provisional talk of an IOS version of a popular game but then get distracted by better than expected sales of the PC etc versions and DLC/sequels get in the way. Can't really blame them I suppose but I've been waiting for my Dredmore and Legends of Grimrock experiences for a while now. I've already bought them both on PC and enjoy them but would day 1 full price rebuy on IOS. :smith:

Hell like someone said above, converting Tome to the ipad would be awesome for a start!

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Yeah the graphics of PP can be compared to TT but I have no idea why people are saying the game is a rip off of TT. Within thirty seconds of playing Pixel People you can see it's a completely different game to Tiny Tower?!

I'm now waiting for 78k to expand past 50 land, I used a few u to get 50k coins earlier but holding onto the rest for now until we find out what they might be for longer term.

Any ideas what the hearts do? They come in various sizes and I've filled the bar across the top a few times but still no idea what's what. Same for the animals, I've unlocked three so far but they don't seem to be available for anything just yet.

I've laughed at a couple of the Job flavour texts, the architect one especially.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Judging from the 5 star TA review (!) it slows down quite a bit after a while, i.e. it mentions 30m for a land upgrade, but I suspect there's more fun to be had out of this than most examples of the time based genre.

I've got back into Book Of Heroes recently, that's another time based energy mechanic game but has you working through an rpg setting and bashing monsters etc along the way. Some may get frustrated at not being able to play it for long stretches at a time but if you'd prefer something you can dip into a few times a day, this is well worth a look. If you've tried it before they've added quite a lot over time, guilds, "raids", hero skills (like EQ AA or WoW talents etc) and it's again a really easy on the IAP pushing game, you can participate without paying a penny and it dishes out the iap currency every now and then as quest rewards or rare drops etc http://appshopper.com/games/book-of-heroes I'll not even give my referral details to show I'm genuine about liking the game :v:

Fazana fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 31, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Dickweasel Alpha posted:

30m for a land upgrade isn't that bad, when I played some Tiny Village game a long time ago it would take upwards of 5 hours to get land upgrades, and that was just to get what essentially amounted to a row that could house 5 extra buildings

I thought it meant 30 million coins instead of 30minutes, if not then yeah that's bugger all relatively speaking. It might mean coins though, it's already up to 250k for the next expansion and seems to be going up by a big chunk each time.

Just unlocked the housing that doubles capacity but needs u to build as well as coins. I've only just appreciated how useful decor is to reducing build times etc, something else to blow money on.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

cname posted:

Pixel People

Same. I have no idea why, I just had zero desire to give it a chance. I got started with the tutorial and thought to myself "gently caress this, I'm a grown rear end adult. Two time based apps is enough time waster for me and this is far too close to Tiny Tower yet not as fast/simple."

I think we can all agree that Pixel People doesn't even come close to breaking those standards.

So you are happy to put up a post telling us you had zero desire to give it a chance and that you didn't get past the tutorial but you are qualified enough to tell us what we all should feel about it? Oh my...

This is probably the only game besides Lil Kingdom that has actually tried to vary the basic Tiny Tower gameplay but there have been no end of "blatant clone" posts which make me now wonder how many of them actually got past the first couple of minutes? There were even a couple of "typical IAP grubbing poo poo" type posts which anyone who has actually played it will know is also just as daft as it is almost as generous as TT is at handing out game currency. It even hides away it's best chance of getting IAP revenue in the speed doubler until after you've put up a particular building. If anything they are probably going to get gently caress all money from this because they've been so generous so they will no doubt pay a penalty for their better intentions. No it's not the Citizen Kane of IOS gaming but at least they tried to do something different.

Now much more importantly, anyone tried this? http://appshopper.com/games/ski-jumping-pro Does it soar or is it more of an Eddie the Eagle?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Nickoten posted:

I've tried using both iTools and iFunbox to copy files to Gridlee on my iPhone 5 (6.1), but neither seems to allow me to do it. Anyone else have any luck?

Have you run the app once to create the right directory structure? I had that problem until I noticed you needed to do that in the instructions. Once run it makes a normal mame dir structure in the docs folder within the app.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
http://appshopper.com/games/beastie-bay is now out worldwide apparently!

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Mask posted:

Looking to see how many of you are playing "Book of Heroes". It is a fantastic MMO with energy restrictions, guilds, raids, lots of gear availability, 3 separate classes to choose from, an easy to follow skill tree, and seemingly a boat load of content. Hopefully we have a Goon Squad rolling on this game that I am unaware of but if not, you guys should play this game.

I've been playing for a while under username FazanaRR, hit level 16 on a Justicar today. I'm guilded but it's very low key, maybe a couple of raids a day. Something more organised would be great indeed.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Mask posted:

It seems friends are only added by codes rather than names in Book of Heroes. My Hero Code is 672697847. Add me if you are playing.

Took me ages to remember the friend stuff is handled through the inn inside the main town. Was searching the menu's for ages :v:

Anyways 119 427 798.

Check the "Free shield offers" fairly regularly, they get a few which are simple install and run games etc to claim a few, they soon add up over time and can buy decent gear with them. You can delete the app as soon as you get the reward. The shields also drop rarely during combats. I played it before and took it up again and gave them £2.99/$5 as I figure I'll more than get that amount of amusement/diversion out of it.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Knights and Dragons - This is the most recent game I checked out and I am pretty impressed by it. It's done a pretty good job of merging RPG and city builder, with more of a focus on RPG. Basically you build a very pokemon-esque team of knights and fight monsters (or other players). The main strategy from combat comes from team composition because so far there's not a lot of actual input you can do during the battles. You have fire knights, water knights, earth knights, etc. Water is strong versus fire and that sort of thing. One thing I really like about this game is that instead of having energy which gets expended when you do things, you have your main character's HP in battle instead. This gives much more of an incentive to not suck because then you get to play longer. It also makes grinding/farming easier since weaker enemies wont really deplete your HP.

With friends you can... well there's some stuff you can do with friends I guess but I'm not really sure because I don't have any! My friend code is XBB-FNR-CXQ so we can find out together.

There's also PvP! Most games are better with PvP. But, so far PvP for me is boiling down to who has the better armor and it's never me. Armor actually shows up on your dudes and everything! I think I'm gonna be having a lot of fun with this one.

Still to Try:
-Book of Heroes

Somehow K&D had slipped by my radar, thanks for posting about that, will grab it tomorrow and give it a try.

Judging by the other games you played in your post then you should deffo give Book of Heroes a look, I think you'd get some playtime out of that.

I didn't like The Simpsons personally at launch but it seems to have gained a following recently judging by the last couple of weeks amount of mentions of it. Marvel is more of the same if you've tried any of the card games, it's newer so perhaps hasn't been quite as ruined by hacking and cheating like RoBahamut was.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Knights and Dragons
With friends you can... well there's some stuff you can do with friends I guess but I'm not really sure because I don't have any! My friend code is XBB-FNR-CXQ so we can find out together.

There's also PvP! Most games are better with PvP. But, so far PvP for me is boiling down to who has the better armor and it's never me. Armor actually shows up on your dudes and everything! I think I'm gonna be having a lot of fun with this one.

This is pretty decent indeed! Put your code up again and here's mine XBB FPQ ZWH

Won 5/5 in the Arena so far in the current tournament, they've been hitting me for peanuts and I smash them back pretty handily. Probably just been fighting people who made an account and never played again past the tutorial so real players will be a rude surprise when it happens.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Can you unlock the landscape rotation option in Beastie Bay in the ad supported version (it cryptically mentions it opening at some point during the game but hasn't yet for my son who is quite a few hours in) or is it only if you've bought the app?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Bottom Liner posted:

God I hope they don't go with some bullshit recharge system where you get X amount of free races a day and have to pay for more. That's the worst.

I thought the CSR system was fine if they are going to a freemium model with presumably an energy mechanic. 10 points or so of energy/fuel/dead-dogs or whatever and use one per race, a unit recovers every five-ten minutes or so. They sold the next tier cars for premium currency right now or you could buy them for easily earnable ingame currency when you hit the next tier. It enabled you to play for free for the entire game with you only missing a couple of cars or so and reasonably play whenever you want but still was making six figure $$ for many months from the impatient/rich types.

If you are using the tilt controls that worked so well in the previous RR game then you won't want to be holding the ipad for a massive length of time anyway. If they do go for the "play x races a day!" then yeah, no dice.

As others have said, the chance of "proper" games in the IOS market has long since gone, you will get the odd niche game but the mass market stuff will be 99.9% freemium from now on. The MMO market has gone the same way and I can see a decent chunk of the general PC market doing the same. That's just the way it's gone and all we can hope is that there are still the odd gems out there that don't try and rip us off completely.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah this was my experience with both DOSBOX and iMame. Holy poo poo I can run X game on this haha this is awesome! Then 10 minutes later realizing these games were not meant to be played on a touchscreen

I played a mame and snes emulator on a mates jailbroken ipad3 at the weekend via a classic controller connected to a wiimote and oh my, I am so tempted to sort mine out as well. I know it would never happen with Jobs etc philosophy but if Apple had included bluetooth controller support in the api/os etc from the start we'd be so much better off!

Anyone played Questlord?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Real Racing 3 appears to be heading to the NZ appstore even though its release date was down as the 28th?

Aha, apparently it's out in NZ, Australia and Canada today/tonight with a worldwide launch on the 28th. Time to make an NZ account I guess!

Fazana fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Feb 13, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

psylent posted:

It's not out in Australia yet. :australia:

If you were looking under Firemint (like I was for a while) it is listed under Electronic Arts, I eventually found it there after asking on the TA forum.

1.8gig install size, already complaints about the IAP over there. Downloading now and will give a brief road trip (haha! *coughs*) later.

Edit:

Well, I'm not sure they thought through you needing to take a two minute wait when you buy your very first car, that's a hell of a first impression! I'm typing this as I wait 15 minutes for my oil to be refreshed after managing 5 races or so... The preview on TA said once you have more than one car the wait times don't feel anywhere near as bad but for you to be hanging around like this so early isn't great.

If they want you to spam Facebook they could at least reward for it like Asphalt 7 did. Also the "Watch this video to earn IAP currency" didn't work so I sat through a terrible Lynx ad for nothing.

As far as the driving goes, well, it seems as good as the last version. It was one of my main early ipad purchases which probably didn't get the playtime it merited so it will take other people than I to suggest if this has a lot more tracks, cars etc and how it compares that way. The early signs are that it will be a decent racing title but I hope I can save the coins up to buy a second car asap.

Edit 2:

Well after another few races my car was looking fairly beat up in all of the categories so I put it in for servicing for each part. The car will be ready to use again in 6 hours 14 minutes. I can of course use IAP currency to fix it now. You get 20 to start off with and I got 5 more for reaching driver level 2. It wants 14 currency points to remove 6 hours of repair time.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 13, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

UncleSmoothie posted:

Holy christ, RR3 sounds terrible. Is there at least a token $5 IAP you can buy to skip most of that bullshit?

No. You can however spend up to £69.99 on a huge pile of gold so it takes a good while for this to start bothering you again.

Once the 6 hours was up I chugged around for a few more races and got enough $ to buy a new car in a different category. Driving safely doesn't make all that much difference, repair times from playing dodgems are measured in minutes. It's the standard wear and tear on the car that requires servicing that takes time, engine servicing alone is a 3 hour wait each time you use it.

The AI matching system it's using from gamecenter times posted by other people is different, unless you've coughed up for the top end cars it usually means you stop winning races much quicker than usual and you get a different race each time you start one because your opponents will be an alternate selection. It supposedly bases your competitors on how well you've done beforehand and if you've done a race on that track before and it appears to be working, I came in 7th and 8th a couple of times on new tracks and then managed 3rd on both subsequent re-attempts.

There is a pretty good game in there, graphics are nice, controls are great and there seems to be tons of content. It is though a pity there is no "one fee" option version right now but I presume we'll have to see how well it does in the top grossing chart as to whether that will change in the future.

Edit:

It's automagically populated my friends list ingame with people on Gamecenter who have also downloaded it. Apparently you earn extra coins from racing AI approximations of their skill level etc so send some challenges to Fazana100 to earn us both some $$.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 14, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
The market is waaay past the point it will ever be able to support a decent amount of good paid for games again. I'm not saying I welcome it but you have to be realistic.

Stick a fork in it, it's done.

I'll stick to giving money to games I enjoy and deleting within minutes the games I don't.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Feenix posted:

Real Racing has already adjusted its timers and such to be more forgiving. Repairs are instant. Service timers are... Lessened.

Quite a bit, what was a six hour wait for a full service is now 2 hours of which the engine is still the major offender at an hour, down from 3 hours.

I've got three cars on the go atm, one of which was bought using ingame currency you get from just trundling around levelling up. The McLaren has bloody expensive upgrades though, they start at $20k instead of $4k for the opening shitboxes.

Even with two fully upgraded cars there are times I am nowhere near the leaders on some of the races, I presume you need to buy the top car for each content class to be able to win it all.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

SpclKen posted:

I thought someone mentioned IB Dungeons, but I don't see that in the App Store. Is that for iPad only or is that even a game?

It somehow went from "Might be an iphone 5 launch title!" to "Oh poo poo, they closed the dev studio and put the game on hold" a few months later. Something must have been really rotten in Denmark for that to happen.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

radge posted:

I don't seem to be seeing updated timers in RR3. Repairs still take time although servicing takes a bit less time I think. Did they reverse the change?

They reduced everything by 2/3 it seems to me, if they did remove repair timers they put them back in again but at the lower rate.

I don't know if upgrades have changed as I have nothing I can afford to do atm on the only car that isn't maxxed.

Starting at the back on a fairly short race sucks pretty hard, by the time you've had to crashem smashem your way through the field the leaders are usually way too far in front for you to have a chance to catch them.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Feenix posted:

As of this morning, Repairs are still instant to me. Services take time (but less).

In the interests of :science: I just took the Focus for a spin and ended up with 6 repairs needed at the end of the race after using the other cars as braking points. 2minutes 15 seconds worth. I *think* that's a third of what it was when I played last night but I'm not 100% certain. Still peanuts, repairs weren't the big hassle.

Or at least not for a start but eventually I was racking them up every race as you have no choice but to bump and grind to get anywhere in a 22 car field in a 2-3 minute race.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Feenix posted:

Are you not near internet or something? Sometimes the game updates when you launch it. Repairs are instantaneous. (for me.)
As in, press the button, and a sound goes off and you are repaired. SERVICING still takes time.

That said, I just did dumb poo poo. I assumed the timers could run concurrently. So I had a 30 minute service and was like, ok might as well also do any other <30 minute servicing. Sure enough, I didn't realize they queue. (Which makes sense, sadly.)

Yup, I've been rerolling P&D JP version a big chunk of today including just now and have an ongoing chat window with my son while I help him diagnose some trouble with his PC :iiam:

I *think* each of the three types run consecutively within their own tree but concurrently with the other groups. I get "Focus is repaired" notifications which are essentially useless as it will still be sat in servicing etc.

I forgot to mention I'm running it on an ipad3 and whilst I see the odd stutter I've been pretty impressed at how well it runs with how many cars can be onscreen and the level of detail on some of the tracks. I don't have anything to compare it to though, a friend has an ipad4 and he was really raving about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
According to http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Final+Fantasy+Tactics%3A+The+War+of+the+Lions/news.asp?c=48587 the Android port of FFT has updated graphics and a redesigned touch interface. Why I'm linking the story is that it also says they will be putting these features into the iphone/ipad version "pretty soon." They are already on discounted sale on the Japanese store so perhaps that will happen here as well to coincide with the update.

• Locked thread