Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

We also have threads for Guardian Cross and King of Dragon Pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Dungeon Village was my first Kairosoft game, and it's easily better than what they've put out since.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Maybe he's just been idling for some sweet hexagonal hats.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

Infectonator is currently free, usually a dollar. I haven't played it on my phone yet but it's a very popular flash game so I figured some of you would want to get it.
I can vouch for this, it's just as awesome as the Flash version, and they recently did a Christmas update that adds even more stuff.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Eegah posted:

Do timers.... seriously not elapse when Blockheads isnt the active app? Well that's an easy delete.
Your guy would starve if they did that.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, it's really a different kind of timers, considering everything in the game happens in real time.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

There's also the zip line itself :v:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Angry Birds Rio (iPad) just went free. Been waiting for this one, can never get enough of those productivity-killing birds.

v Yeah, in case it's not clear, the main title is linked to the iPhone version. I probably should've explicitly stated that :shobon:

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jan 17, 2013

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Roly Poly Putt went free. And I'm still on the first part of Rio, too. Sorry, productivity :smithicide:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Minimon Online went free, any ideas how it is?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Here's the AppShopper page for it. It sound pretty cool and it's free, so I'll give it a look.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

New NimbleBit already looks like my favorite because yay, actiony stuff!

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Awesome little puzzle game called Turnacle is free today (down from $1.99). You spin discs with quadrants of colors on them and match them. Really pretty UI.
It is indeed very fun, check it out.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

nene. posted:

ARRRGGH!!!! Final Fantasy: All The Bravest won't let me post to Facebook OR Twitter!!! You need to do it to get all 40 party slots but it won't let me and just says an error and I'm getting frustrated. Has anyone else had this problem?
The problem was you bought All The Bravest.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

silloh posted:

Has anyone been able to complete the "Stay in 1 Second" mission in Jones on Fire? I've fully upgraded the Air Charge, and I feel like I've definitely gotten over 1 second a couple of different times. It would be really helpful if there were some way (like in Punch Quest) to show how close you were to that achievement.
From further up the page:

Shalinor posted:

Oh for pete's sake, I think the descriptions are crossed. God. THAT would explain why no one can complete the airborn one.

Do me a favor. Go buy a boost. It doesn't matter which one, it can just be a cheapy rank 1 boost. Then go back downstairs and open the missions screen, and see if it completes.

EDIT: Don't even bother testing it, I know for a fact that's the bug. Buy a boost, you'll complete the mission. There was an extra (old) description in the array, the "magic carpet ride" one, for a mission type I removed, that was overwriting the correct description. I replaced the stay-airborne mission with a straight up air-charge-X-times mission relatively late in development, because the "stay airborn for X" one was fiddly, and a bitch to complete.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Little Things Forever just went free. It's a nifty little seek and find/puzzle game that looks beautiful.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

He-Man: The Most Powerful Game in the Universe just went free, get this fun nostalgia ride.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Death Rally, a combat racer by the developers of Max Payne and Alan Wake where you can race Duke Nukem, just went free.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

There's also a Google spreadsheet you can add yourself to for Happy Street.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I'm pleasantly surprised they're making an iPhone version. I was sure it would be iPad-only at best.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Inverting the Y axis is the only way for REAL GAMERS® to play mobile games.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Corridor posted:

Everyone sure is mean to each other in this thread.
Where's the anti-bully IAP?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Bummey posted:

Is there anything the new one does that the old doesn't? Or something the old one does that the new one doesn't? I don't use twitter and I don't care about any of this social nonsense.
Well, the new one doesn't have ads, unlike the old one. And I just found out while playing around with it that both versions let you enable Push notifications for just price drops instead of including app updates too :downs:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

:siren: League of Evil 2 just went free. :siren:

Edit: Beaten. But seriously, pick this one up, it's a good platformer and a good example of virtual buttons.

v :cry:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Maybe if iPhone/iPod owners could have purchased it, it would have done better. I know I would have gotten it.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Pangea Software has their entire iOS catalog free for a day, though a couple of the games aren't showing up as free just yet. The free games include stuff like Cro-Mag Rally and Enigmo.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Pfft, Inferno is killing it and will continue to. You chose wrong goons, now pay the price.
Either way, whoever didn't buy immediately the Never Ending Story music are the truly wrong ones :colbert:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Bash Ironfist posted:

So I was looking through the apps store and found a free Jurassic park builder game, screenshots made it almost look like operation genesis. It's okay, but nothing real special just a basic time waster from what I've seen so far. It's free and not horrible, so there you go!

Any recommendations for other free games?
Punch Quest and Pixel People are pretty fun. Also, keep tabs on TouchArcade, as they usually note good freebies (for example, all of Pangea's games are free for today, including puzzle gems like Enigmo and Enigmo 2).

Edit: Oh yeah, and Robot Unicorn Attack 2, it is the best.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 26, 2013

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

silly posted:

If you aren't playing Robot Unicorn Attack 2 with the Erasure IAP purchased you aren't doing it right. Also, Team Inferno 4 LYFE.
Figures that an Inferno person would misspell Never Ending Story IAP so horribly.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Speaking of good games, Bonkey Trek just went free.

Get it, you know you want to.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

CaptainFlaps posted:

I'm about 700 posts behind in this thread so I was wondering if there have been any good games released in the last month that a lot of people are enjoying? I like all genres :c00l:
Slayin, Super Stickman Golf 2, Badland, and Cut the Rope: Time Travel are all pretty good. And Bonkey Trek, of course.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

CaptainFlaps posted:

Thanks! Slayin looks good!
It is indeed. The simple gameplay and non-lovely virtual buttons have dramatically increased bathroom time the past month or so. I'm a sucker for endless fighters with noticeable progression/stages I guess, and this one lets you move right and left. I don't see Punch Quest or Ski Safari offering that little tidbit.

Edit: Robot Unicorn Attack 2 and Iron Man 3 are fun runners too.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Apr 28, 2013

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, RUA 2 is the first game that's making me realize my 4 is getting old :smith: There was another game (Little Inferno?) I was looking at whose description said it wouldn't run at all on less than 4S or 5. While it's not as big a problem for iOS as it is for Android, there's still that diversified platform issue to deal with.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

runchild posted:

http://appshopper.com/games/better-than-portal

That's one hell of a claim you've got there in your game's title.

EXTREME LEVEL
Supported Devices: All iPhones, iPods and iPads.

:ssh: posted:

Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Still, I might need to buy it just because they chose that title :allears:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Turpitude posted:

I'm really enjoying this game Hungry Shark Evolution. It's super fun, you swim around gobbling everything up and avoiding obstacles while doing quests like "Eat 5 Pelicans" and "Survive for 4 minutes". Your shark gains size and stats as you level up and spend points on it. The tilt controls are really solid and fun to use. It feels really good when you get lined up just right to launch yourself way up out of the water, usually at a person on a beach!
Thanks for instantly stealing a few hours of my life away :mad:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Achtung went free. Unfortunately, I don't have an iPad, and I'm only pretty sure I why I wishlisted it (Goon rec in this thread?), so I can't confirm whether or not it's good.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Sprinkle Islands, a charming little water physics puzzler, just went free.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

The abstract artsy puzzle game Color Zen just went free.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

I'm working 12 hour days 5 days a week what do I win
A train car full of IAP.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Asphalt 8: Airborne is free this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

A little arcadey game called Infinite went free. So did something called The Human Body by Tinybop that was on my wishlist for some reason.

• Locked thread